Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Orgy

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I remember loving Candyass and Vapor Transmission when they released (peak high school for me) but I've tried to revisit a few times over the last year and...wow. Aside from "Blue Monday," "Stiches", and the track with Jonathan Davis guesting, I cannot stand them. Their shtick did not age well.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    This pops up in my youtube queue from time to time.

There are a handful of songs they recorded together, none of them memorable.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Mutilated

I can't wait for the new Deadsy album

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I remember loving Candyass and Vapor Transmission when they released (peak high school for me) but I've tried to revisit a few times over the last year and...wow. Aside from "Blue Monday," "Stiches", and the track with Jonathan Davis guesting, I cannot stand them. Their shtick did not age well.
    honestly i think vapor transmission holds up better than candyass (i think i've said that in this thread before) but i also think stitches is their best song, and their cover of blue monday is :: glances around :: better than new order's version.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    honestly i think vapor transmission holds up better than candyass (i think i've said that in this thread before)
    No question. It still gets to be a bit much for me, though.

but i also think stitches is their best song
    Agreed.

and their cover of blue monday is :: glances around :: better than new order's version.
    100% AGREE!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Candyass and Vapor Transmission are the only Orgy albums that exist in my book

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I like a couple songs off of PSP, but you’re not wrong.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    honestly i think vapor transmission holds up better than candyass (i think i've said that in this thread before) but i also think stitches is their best song, and their cover of blue monday is :: glances around :: better than new order's version.
    I remember during Riotfest 2017 while New Order was playing Blue Monday, overhearing a younger (than me, at least) girl ask her friend "why are they playing the orgy song?"

But yeah, I probably enjoy the cover more. Except the synth part towards the end of the original, damn that is fierce.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I like a couple songs off of PSP, but you’re not wrong.
    About half of PSP is very solid even though the demo versions of a couple tracks were better than the finals.