Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Arrested Development

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've never watched the show other than a few things such as the chicken thing and a few other tidbits. I still have no interest in watching the show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I've never watched the show other than a few things such as the chicken thing and a few other tidbits. I still have no interest in watching the show.
    good to know

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    They've cancelled all UK press visits for the cast in the wake of what's happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44252483

It really pains me to see one of my favourite shows in this situations, everything is crumbling down. The worst thing being that I can't see them doing a season 6 and closing the story in some kind with the recent developments, really hope it isn't left open ended.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well, I watched the season 4 remix and liked it quite a lot, but I also never hated the original version like a lot of people did. I’m halfway into the first half of the new season and after getting past all the recapping of the first couple episodes, the flow and humor is fantastic. Lindsay, Maebe, Buster, Michael and George Michael especially have had some excellent moments, but everyone’s interactions have felt solid. I’ve laughed more every episode which is always a good sign and it feels like they got back in the swing of things this season way more than the last.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 05-29-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I never thought it would happen but I'm really not enjoying Season 5 so far. I've watched the first 3 episodes and barely laughed.

It definitely feels like it's rolling out of the Season 4 stuff still into a new territory so I'm still looking forward to seeing where the next 5 episodes go, but yeah...pretty heartbroken to watch 3 episodes last night and not feel much at all about them, especially with a show I hold so dear.

The George Michael/Michael encounter in the penthouse was so awkward to watch.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Only 5 episodes in, but I've enjoyed it all, except the budget green screens with Portia. I missed AD's unique take on humor, and it's still the best.

edit: nevermind, I read more about the incident. mind changed.
    Last edited by Volband; 05-30-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just passed episode 5 last night and still not into it. They've fucked up with Portia's green screen stuff - it just sucks hard.

I wonder if they should have just left it alone. I've probably laughed about 3 or 4 times in the whole of 5 episodes, and that was at callback stuff.

I am very worried that if they don't end it at the end of this one, they'll not get to make another one. It may seem dark to think but not everyone may be around in 5 years time to make another series? Or they may not want to work together any more as a result of the recent disaster regarding all the Jeffrey Tambor stuff. I guess I'm secretly hoping that they conclude the second half so that if they never make any more, it won't be so bad.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    They should have let it die. The first 3 seasons will always be some of the best television ever created, but these new episodes are definitely missing that magic. Oh well 3 more episodes to go, thinking they should have made the movie and finished it there. Oh well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's more "true to form" than season 4 but I preferred season 4 to this as the writing seems lazy this year. I agree a film would have worked better. Highlights were the murderers v rapists, Maebe being old, and the ensemble reunion scene. I think part of the downfall was including so many extra characters that we don't really care about. I would have loved to see an episode of the original cast basically stuck in a room.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think it's safe to say the show has lost some of it's magic, and that's okay. I've enjoyed watching the cast together again in these Netflix seasons, but the pacing just feels so off. I re-watched everything leading up to the season 5 premiere. The first 3 seasons are still so good. Still finding new jokes I never caught. The remixed season 4 was a definite step up from the original edit, but still a little slow to get through.

The first part of season 5 has some definite highlights...Maebe's storyline in particular..."bury me!" Still pretty funny overall, I'm looking forward to the back half of S5...but I kind of hope that's it unless they do a movie.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I must admit I enjoyed episode 8. It felt like it was going forward with something good finally and really felt like a great AD episode. I'm very much looking forward to the second half of the season now to see where it does go.

I will be watching the whole S5 again over the next week or so to see if my opinion changes about the rest of it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watching the new episodes... and laughing.

So much wrong. So much laughter.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Watching the new episodes... and laughing.

So much wrong. So much laughter.
    I've found the second half of Season 5 to be absolutely fantastic, more in line with older AD, a lot funnier and a great conclusion. I liked the first half but it was a slow build, however when watched as a whole it become so much better. I guess they won't be doing any more, but the way the new episodes played out I'd be ok with it.