Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NIN Wiltern -The final show- 2 DVDs (multi-cam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

NIN Wiltern -The final show- 2 DVDs (multi-cam)

Hi! I think there would be also interest on ETS for this:

Last year, after numerous speculations about the ATLD project, if it's dead or not (and most of us thought it is dead),
    I decided to share my multi-cam edit of the Wiltern show.
    Then it seems that the project is still alive.
    http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,901969,page=16

Anyway, I reworked the whole show and thought I will share mine after the ATLD release, but it takes so long now......
    no updates and nothing happens again. On the one hand I wasn't sure, as mine has never been an "official" project, so it took me a while.
    On the other hand maybe, this release set the ball rolling again for the "real" project!
    However it will be and for what it's worth, I decided to release it now as torrent.
    So, for all who are interested:

The "alternative" multi-cam version (2 DVD's):

< NIN at Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles 2009/09/10 - The final show - >

See it as a teaser for the (hopefully) upcoming ATLD-DVD/BluRay or an option for those who can't wait anymore or simply another version of a concert.

Here a 3 1/2 minute collage. I know a bit too long for a trailer.
    Anyway, so I can give you a brief ;-) overview. The DVD has better video quality!

All the videos are from public websites in best quality available (however, not the originals).
    Nevertheless not for every bit/piece high definition was available. So the quality differs.

For the audio part, there are a few sources out there and so I can present the concert with good audio quality.

All filmers and tapers are named in the closing credits.
    Except for the menu picture, there I couldn't find the source anymore.
    edit:I found the source! It's Swimfin.
    The DVD's are 720x480 format and you can view in widescreen.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7050554

To make it clear! This is not the - A tiny little dot (after all is said and done) - version!

I couldn't witness this last show. So in return, working on it was something special for me.
    Maybe you will also catch fire for this show, as I did, over the course of the editing process.
    Nine Inch Nails and all the others made this an amazing final concert!
    Hopefully it's not the last time these great musicians and performers are - together - on stage!

Last edited by ZootZap; 03-05-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Is there anybody out there?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Not had a chance to watch it yet (don't want to watch it on a 17" non-widescreen monitor), but awesome

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Smile

@sheepdean
    Hi, you are out there

Another question:
    Why are the like posts only shown when you're logged in?
    I thought nobody notice this thread. Ok, there are views...
    Anyway, now I've seen as I logged in that there are a couple of like posts attached.

Is there any reason for not showing the - like posts - publicly?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    @sheepdean
    Hi, you are out there

Another question:
    Why are the like posts only shown when you're logged in?
    I thought nobody notice this thread. Ok, there are views...
    Anyway, now I've seen as I logged in that there are a couple of like posts attached.

Is there any reason for not showing the - like posts - publicly?
    You wanted exposure, bro?

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/0...show-surfaces/ How about this?

BTW, great job on this. I've watched about a quarter of it and I am elated to finally see the concert - in a multi-cam edit, no less.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you so much for your fantastic work. I'm really looking forward to download (and of course, seed) this. It's absolutely beautiful to see so much commitment in the NIN camp - this is why I love this band so much.

I wrote about it for Antiquiet, and the article can hopefully get more people on board in terms of seeding the file. I seriously can't thank you enough, and I'm sure most NIN fans will agree.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for your work man! I've been too busy to sit with the whole show, but a few glimpses have me excited to watch. I haven't been following the ups and downs with the other project, so I'm quite happy you let me experience this show. Can't thank you enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great work, dude! will give feedback once download finished!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw the post on the TOIOU page on Facebook - can't wait to watch it.

3.5 minutes too long for a trailer?! Pffftt. I believe there was an 8-minute one recently that was pretty well received. There Be Dragons or something like that. 3.5 minutes is fine! :-D

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Awesome! I'll grab this after work, probably won't watch it for a while but I'll keep seeding it as long as I can.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. I was at this show and it will be nice to relive the events of that night once again

is anyone else having issues downloading the magnetic links on TPB?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    holy shit, I'm looking forward to watching this! Wasn't able to get tickets to the show, so it'll be awesome to see. Thanks for your efforts in putting this together, I imagine it was a lengthy project for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trailer looks awesome! I'm gonna seed it starting tonight. You rock for doing this! Thanks!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Suddenly, I no longer care about the ATLD release. Thanks much ZootZap!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Suddenly, I no longer care about the ATLD release. Thanks much ZootZap!
    Seconded! Forgot to comment here. Can't wait to watch this. My computer can hardly handle video in the condition it's in. But the trailer looks great, and I'm definitely downloading this right now.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-01-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: (Edited because I completely read part of the first post wrong!)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You all just blew my mind!
    I've never expected so much response... thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Morad View Post
    I wrote about it for Antiquiet, and the article can hopefully get more people on board in terms of seeding the file. I seriously can't thank you enough, and I'm sure most NIN fans will agree.
    You even quoted parts from my posting in your article.
    ...and I was in doubt if I did grammatically right and if I'm clearly understandable
    Last edited by ZootZap; 03-01-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My way of saying thank you: http://nin.ro/2012/03/01/dublu-dvd-f...ne-inch-nails/

If you need artwork for this, I could give you a hand with that.

Also, just throwing this out there, you might want to check out deshaker. It's a great plug-in for virtualdub. I've been using it A LOT and the results were awesome. Indeed, it takes a while, but the end result is mind-blowing. Maybe you could use something like that your DVD.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cheers for this Zootzap, still seeding your Manchester show, and just started downloading this! Looking forward to it....as I loved the Manchester edit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Zoot, I missed out on the other project and so I was worried that I would never get to see this show.

Having watched the first disc so far, I would like to say GREAT JOB, the footage is good high quality raw nin!.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. I was at this show and it will be nice to relive the events of that night once again

is anyone else having issues downloading the magnetic links on TPB?
    Yes, I'm having issues. No idea how to make these magnetic links to work, even after updating uTorrent.

(Not to mention that the latest version of uTorrent is unstable, and removed from the whitelist of some private torrent trackers)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Thank you MAD

Also, just throwing this out there, you might want to check out deshaker. It's a great plug-in for virtualdub. I've been using it A LOT and the results were awesome.
    That plugin is really amazing!!! I will check it out.

If you need artwork for this, I could give you a hand with that.
    It would be nice to do a cover. I just have no experience and no tools creating it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last edited by ZootZap; 03-02-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: sorry double post

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Yes, I'm having issues. No idea how to make these magnetic links to work, even after updating uTorrent.

(Not to mention that the latest version of uTorrent is unstable, and removed from the whitelist of some private torrent trackers)
    On NIN.com one user also had problems with magnetic links. Maybe you can PM him? You have to scroll down the Wiltern thread to find his last posting.

Quote Originally Posted by R37R0 View Post
    the footage is good high quality raw nin!.
    That's really an apt description!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    On NIN.com one user also had problems with magnetic links. Maybe you can PM him? You have to scroll down the Wiltern thread to find his last posting.

That's really an apt description!
    I reinstalled uTorrent, it's working now. Downloading!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't wait to check this out. Will seed indefinitely.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Thank you! Downloading it. Would you like me to make artwork for this?

EDIT: Just read MAD offered to make artwork, too. It's okay, I'll try my hand at this, anyway! I've missed doing artwork for fan releases. The last time was for NotinCnStopMeNow's "A mix of all that there ever was" last summer. I did artwork for AAISAD, but I'll make something completely different for this.
    Last edited by wizfan; 03-02-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Just read MAD offered to make artwork, too. It's okay, I'll try my hand at this, anyway
    Awesome! The more, the better!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seen about the first 20 minutes, very enjoyable, good work ZZ. My inclination is to write to ATLD and ask them to send the $10 to you!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Watched about 40mins of this, and it looks awesome. Doesn't show any significant lack of editing quality in comparison to the ATLD footage we've seen so far, not at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Watched about 40mins of this, and it looks awesome. Doesn't show any significant lack of editing quality in comparison to the ATLD footage we've seen so far, not at all.
    Yep, couldn't agree more, this will more than do me, seen about 90 minutes of it now, and loving it. Zootzap, you are an absolute star! You should be proud of your efforts on this!