Thread: Stephen King

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Alright. I swore I would never read another Stephen King book (well, probably never) but here I am again. His books have been hit and miss with me, but the misses were BIG (I will never forgive him for having to trudge through the complete edition of The Stand only to find out that it NEVER GOT BETTER). But I'm a sucker for time travel so, God help me, I started 11/22/63. I'm about 40 pages in, and it's been pretty good so far. I'm definitely intrigued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Alright. I swore I would never read another Stephen King book (well, probably never) but here I am again. His books have been hit and miss with me, but the misses were BIG (I will never forgive him for having to trudge through the complete edition of The Stand only to find out that it NEVER GOT BETTER). But I'm a sucker for time travel so, God help me, I started 11/22/63. I'm about 40 pages in, and it's been pretty good so far. I'm definitely intrigued.
    Dude it's really good. I thought it was one of his best in a long time actually. It's quite long but it held my attention a lot more than Under the Dome. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm skeptical about the Shining sequel and don't see that it even needs to happen, but if that's where his muse is leading him then who am I to argue? I'll read it for sure. I love this man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I'm 200 pages into it and loving it. I wasn't sold on the time-travel idea, in fact I was expecting this to be a complete dud. Now I'm completely taken aback by how much I'm enjoying it, and how well written it is. The highlight so far was when I read the scenes that feature characters from IT, I felt very nostalgic and emotional revisiting that setting, I felt as if I was revisiting the person I was when I read that book.

As always, I am in utter admiration of this man.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Just hit 350 pages. It's definitely keeping my interest, but I don't think it's great. Then again, I'm not even halfway through yet, so that could certainly change. King sure loves his subplots though, doesn't he? Jeeeeesus.

I will say that his version of time travel is really cool and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Dude it's really good. I thought it was one of his best in a long time actually. It's quite long but it held my attention a lot more than Under the Dome. I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks! Time will tell (ha ha ha ha ha ha)
    Last edited by theruiner; 02-25-2012 at 12:35 PM.