Page 176 of 215 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how they're doing the saxophones live? I watched a video of God Break Down The Door and it didn't look like anyone was playing them, but they weren't the same as the album. Is there a synth that sounds that realistically like a sax that is playable live?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Does anyone know how they're doing the saxophones live? I watched a video of God Break Down The Door and it didn't look like anyone was playing them, but they weren't the same as the album. Is there a synth that sounds that realistically like a sax that is playable live?
    I believe it's on a backtrack tape. Nobody plays it live.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who hadn't seen this pic until just now? I really, really dig the promo photos from this trilogy release cycle, like the one with TR/AR's eyes scratched out or the band photos on the Bakersfield poster. I believe they're all by Corinne Schiavone? If these later ones aren't, they're definitely emulating the style set by her when they first ones started to surface in mid 2016 or whenever.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    The earlier ones were by John Crawford, only this year's photos that are by Corinne, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by piggy; 07-03-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    The earlier ones were by John Crawford, t's only this year's photos that are by Corinne, if I'm not mistaken.
    Oh, hm. These ones from before June 2016 were by Kraw?

These from before the Bakersfield show a year ago are by Corinne and she has a few more of TR on her Instagram.

(Not sure why i felt the urge to rearrange them a little bit...)

Does anybody keep any sort of archive of these kinda PR photos of NIN?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Not sure. I just know the ones with the scratched out eyes are Kraw, so any other pics that look like they could be from the same session might also be his.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Why can't I buy this as a poster? I wish there was a high res image of it at least.
    Not "high" high res, but there's higher res than the one you have.

https://i.imgur.com/4dbNAYT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    a TR interview in which he said more or less explicitly that he personally approved all the openers for that tour - except APC. I've never heard this. Ring a bell to anybody?
    I remember that from somewhere, but I always assumed it was because he had a bee in his bonnet due to the Vacant thing around that time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Pretty random: I was looking at the NINWiki for Branches/Bones, and I was wondering how the "descrambled" lyrics at the bottom were, well, descrambled? Was there some pattern to that block of random/predictive/rambling text that allowed the text at the bottom to be found hidden in it? What was the process? http://www.nin.wiki/Branches/Bones

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Pretty random: I was looking at the NINWiki for Branches/Bones, and I was wondering how the "descrambled" lyrics at the bottom were, well, descrambled? Was there some pattern to that block of random/predictive/rambling text that allowed the text at the bottom to be found hidden in it? What was the process? http://www.nin.wiki/Branches/Bones
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...xtended-lyrics

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Anyone know why you can't buy Ghosts digitally in the UK? As far as I can tell it's only on 7digital

(Yes I know it's CC BY-NC-SA)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Anyone know why you can't buy Ghosts digitally in the UK? As far as I can tell it's only on 7digital

(Yes I know it's CC BY-NC-SA)
    It's available on iTunes UK: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/ghosts-i-iv/451466034

Where are you having problems?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It's available on iTunes UK: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/ghosts-i-iv/451466034

Where are you having problems?
    Weird, didn't show when I searched
    And it's not on Amazon or Google Music

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Is anyone keeping track of these concert recordings so that we can put together a complete (?) fan-made dvd or something? Especially the on-stage ones. Maybe ReflectingInTheChrome?
    Last edited by MAD; 07-14-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Is anyone keeping track of these concert recordings so that we can put together a complete (?) fan-made dvd or something? Especially the on-stage ones. Maybe ReflectingInTheChrome?
    I've got them. There's only been two, yeah? The Lovers and Metal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I did something I haven’t done in a long time today, I watched the Woodstock performance. Got me wondering about some songs. Like when they last played Down In It and Happiness In Slavery?

I found Down In It from Wave Goodbye in 09. Still a long time. I’d like to hear today’s nin do HiS
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 07-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I did something I haven’t done in a long time today, I watched the Woodstock performance. Got me wondering about some songs. Like when they last played Down In It and Slave Screams?

I found Down In It from Wave Goodbye in 09. Still a long time. I’d like to hear today’s nin do SS.
    By "Slave Screams" I assume you mean "Happiness in Slavery?" Also, yeah, it would be great to hear both this fall, for sure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have no idea why I got the name wrong. Haha. Been awhile. Anyway, yeah I’d quite like the to knock the dust off of that one.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't see them doing "Happiness In Slavery" ever again. I think the vocals would just be too much, even if you had Robin take care of the screaming. That said, it would be great if they incorporated some of the samples into "The Great Destroyer" again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I mentioned this in another thread but I'm gonna turn it into a question. Legit, please don't get me wrong, I like the guy.

But what exactly Atticus does on stage? I think we can hear him in the breakdown for The Great Destroyer but what about the other songs? I see no keyboards in his gear. Alessandro plays lots of guitars and bass now but I still see him doing lots of synth/keys/ambience stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Elements like the white noise atmosphere in Wish appear to have been beefed up since Atticus joined. I think that’s mostly what he does. Ambience, beats and non-melodic parts with live tweaking.

Either that or he’s watching Netflix.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but I'm gonna turn it into a question. Legit, please don't get me wrong, I like the guy.

But what exactly Atticus does on stage? I think we can hear him in the breakdown for The Great Destroyer but what about the other songs? I see no keyboards in his gear. Alessandro plays lots of guitars and bass now but I still see him doing lots of synth/keys/ambience stuff.
    Watch (listen to) the Mad Cool Festival show. The backing tracks are mixed so quiet that basically every non-guitar/bass/drums/vocal sound is either Atticus or Alessandro.

Then again, this is me assuming they're not mixed down like the backing track, I suppose.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 07-20-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I definitely noticed since Atticus joined on stage, Songs Sound more like on the Album in the sense that a lot of These Little sounds or layers that make a lot of the Songs are now as prominent as they have to be.

I felt a lot of that has been missing in the mix before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Watch (listen to) the Mad Cool Festival show. The backing tracks are mixed so quiet that basically every non-guitar/bass/drums/vocal sound is either Atticus or Alessandro.

Then again, this is me assuming they're not mixed down like the backing track, I suppose.

Partly off topic, one thing I clearly remember is that the bass was much more in the upfront in the venue than in the streamed video, specially on March of the Pigs. It wasn't just a question of eq for the venue vs what came directly from the soundboard.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The bass was insane at Roskilde as well. Don’t think I’ve ever heard that loud bass at a gig, in fact. It seemed overpowering at first, but it actually worked very well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Atticus does what Trent does at the beggining of this video, he launches samples with pads with live tweaking as someone said before.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Atticus does what Trent does at the beggining of this video, he launches samples with pads with live tweaking as someone said before.
    Burn followed by Burning Bright would be fucking awesome.

Watch the above video and then this one immediately afterwards:

I'd buy a Blu-Ray of the new material played live in an instant. We haven't had one in 11 years!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I'd buy a Blu-Ray of the new material played live in an instant. We haven't had one in 11 years!

The last official live video release was when HDDVD was a thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was it ever explained why Heresy was only performed once (1994 warm up show) prior to 2007?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Was it ever explained why Heresy was only performed once (1994 warm up show) prior to 2007?
    I don't know if I've ever heard of a reason for that. Maybe they couldn't figure out a way to do the high pitched vocal effect until then, or just didn't like the way it sounded.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't think bands really give a reason as to why they're not playing certain songs.
    Actually it was played at least twice in 1994 - there's at least one uncirculating recording which has it in the setlist, and there's no eyewitness/setlist info on any other shows of 1994 warm up gigs so we don't know for sure.
    Last edited by fillow; 07-24-2018 at 08:29 AM.