Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181
Results 5,401 to 5,404 of 5404

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Were Fixed and Further Down The Spiral mistaken to be actual albums a bit more than I thought?

I have sometimes read and heard that there were new fans getting into Nine Inch Nails at the time, long before The Fragile came out that thought that those were the actual releases instead of Broken and The Downward Spiral. It's understandable though, as the Internet wasn't the way it was now, but I have read stories about those two releases being mistaken for actual albums until they were listened to, and haven't really seen that happen to any other remix albums ever since, which also makes sense, because by the time The Fragile came out, Google came out in late 1998 and was already huge by the early 2000s, and Wikipedia came out in very early 2001.

I was just reminded because I recall fans admitting that they thought Fixed and Further Down The Spiral were actual albums back in the day until they actual sat down and listened to them, when music wasn't anywhere near as accessible on the Internet, or even accessible to begin with at all back then.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Were Fixed and Further Down The Spiral ...
    You noticed that TDS, Fragile, With Teeth etc. have no track titles visible on the outside, right? It's gotta be the reason people sort of preferred the recordings they had some information about. I mean, imagine going into the music shop in 90s, and choosing between the CD that you have no idea what's on it and the CD that clearly lists the contents. And i've never seen a TDS packaging with an advertisement such as "Includes Closer, March of the pigs and Hurt" - no, the customer is completely in the dark, except if they stumbled upon a review in a magazine or just word of mouth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if Trent has ever commented on his contributions to the first two Jakalope albums?

Despite the fairly savage opinions voiced on ETS from time to time, I quite enjoyed these (especially It Dreams). Not high art by any means, but quite a few hooks that have stood the test of time for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Were Fixed and Further Down The Spiral mistaken to be actual albums a bit more than I thought?

I have sometimes read and heard that there were new fans getting into Nine Inch Nails at the time, long before The Fragile came out that thought that those were the actual releases instead of Broken and The Downward Spiral. It's understandable though, as the Internet wasn't the way it was now, but I have read stories about those two releases being mistaken for actual albums until they were listened to, and haven't really seen that happen to any other remix albums ever since, which also makes sense, because by the time The Fragile came out, Google came out in late 1998 and was already huge by the early 2000s, and Wikipedia came out in very early 2001.

I was just reminded because I recall fans admitting that they thought Fixed and Further Down The Spiral were actual albums back in the day until they actual sat down and listened to them, when music wasn't anywhere near as accessible on the Internet, or even accessible to begin with at all back then.
    The first NIN release I got was Further Down The Spiral, got it from a friend in a trade. I'm not sure I realized it was a remix album at first, as I didn't understand the concept. And yeah, since the interest wasn't really a thing for me until a few years later, I had no way of finding out who the people were that were named in the credits to put the pieces together. I still think those remixes of Mr. Self Destruct are some of the best TDS era remixes.