Page 207 of 215 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is anyone else hearing Peter Murphy voice saying "Nine Inch Nails debut" here after the song ends?
    This is from Houston 3/20/1990 show. Not the first NIN/Peter Murphy gig, but an early one (4th to be exact, according to currently known schedule)

http://sndup.net/k88x

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Holy shit I think this is the 1st time that I have ever seen Trent sing the chorus to Gave Up, I never knew he ever did that live. Should have it queued up correctly. Have there been any other times he has done this?
    Also cool to note that he sings a bit of The New Flesh at the beginning. Only time he’s done that according to setlist.fm.

lol at the fuck you in your asshole part of No, You Don’t.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the original 5-track download sampler for The Social Network, and the 6-track download sampler for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I would appreciate these, thanks.

Edit: obtained, thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wondered if anyone knew why the likes of Complication, The Mark Has Been Made, Just Like You Imagined (save a few times) are no longer played live? Curious if there is a published reason outside of Reznor just not wanting to.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    I wondered if anyone knew why the likes of Complication, The Mark Has Been Made, Just Like You Imagined (save a few times) are no longer played live? Curious if there is a published reason outside of Reznor just not wanting to.
    I haven't heard of any specific reason. Would be great to hear "The Mark Has Been Made" with the current lineup (maybe Ilan can get his 'cello back out for the first part?)...

Also, I am DESIROUS to hear "Into the Void" again; the ol' Fragility band did a bang-up job with it, not sure why it was dropped prior to Fragility 2.0 and only came back for select shows in '06–'07 and '13.

Last edited by botley; 06-29-2022 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I just want “Please” back live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, so sorry if it's not; but what are the easiest NIN songs to learn on bass and guitar? I haven't played in like... fourteen years, and I'd like to learn some NIN songs. I only know Piggy so far... I used to be pretty good on bass, but not so great at guitar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Ok, I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, so sorry if it's not; but what are the easiest NIN songs to learn on bass and guitar? I haven't played in like... fourteen years, and I'd like to learn some NIN songs. I only know Piggy so far... I used to be pretty good on bass, but not so great at guitar.
    March of the Pigs, Terrible Lie and Wish are pretty simple power chord stuff, as is The Hand That Feeds and Survivalism, but can get a bit repetitive.

Just Like You Imagined is fun too when you work out all the parts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I am not sure where on this forum to ask this: I am looking for a photograph that was posted on nin.com back in 2006 from the first With Teeth Summer Tour performance at The Gorge (May 26, 2006). The image is framed symmetrically with the audience to the left and the stage on the right. Trent is at the edge of the stage with his guitar, mid scream. Does anyone know where I can find this? I can't seem to find it on Google.

Maybe there's a photo archive of images from the NIN website I could look through?

Thank you!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interquake View Post
    Hi all, I am not sure where on this forum to ask this: I am looking for a photograph that was posted on nin.com back in 2006 from the first With Teeth Summer Tour performance at The Gorge (May 26, 2006). The image is framed symmetrically with the audience to the left and the stage on the right. Trent is at the edge of the stage with his guitar, mid scream. Does anyone know where I can find this? I can't seem to find it on Google.

Maybe there's a photo archive of images from the NIN website I could look through?

Thank you!
    https://www.nin.wiki/images/f/f6/5_27_06.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good stuff! Thank you for finding this. I wonder if a larger image size exists?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Back in 2004/2005 when With Teeth was being mixed, was it ever revealed who that elderly man was who was sitting at the mixing desk wearing spectacles? Was it a relative of Trent’s?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interquake View Post
    Good stuff! Thank you for finding this. I wonder if a larger image size exists?
    You're welcome. I doubt a bigger version exists, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Back in 2004/2005 when With Teeth was being mixed, was it ever revealed who that elderly man was who was sitting at the mixing desk wearing spectacles? Was it a relative of Trent’s?
    It's TR's grandpa Bill Clark.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    You're welcome. I doubt a bigger version exists, unfortunately.

It's TR's grandpa Bill Clark.
    haha really! How did we find out who he was?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    haha really! How did we find out who he was?
    I don't know how at the time (if we did at all), but by googling him you can find a picture of him sitting on a couch with TR+MQ, and also his obituary from 2010, listing quite a lot of family history up to TR's marriage.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't know how at the time (if we did at all), but by googling him you can find a picture of him sitting on a couch with TR+MQ, and also his obituary from 2010, listing quite a lot of family history up to TR's marriage.
    And apparently a pic of them in the audience at The Price Is Right as well!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is NIN's RnR HoF induction video on youtube anywhere? I can find the zoom Q&A, the Iggy and St. Vincent videos, and trent's acceptance speech, but I can't find the video that was made to look like a reel to reel with trent speaking about the band's history. Can anyone help or provide insight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.nindestruct.com/

Click Video, then scroll to the bottom

(fuck youtube)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camebackhaunted View Post
    https://www.nindestruct.com/

Click Video, then scroll to the bottom

(fuck youtube)
    Thank you!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What the hell was so special about Chicago that NIN played 2 gigs there on Fragility tour, and nowhere else that year?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    What the hell was so special about Chicago that NIN played 2 gigs there on Fragility tour, and nowhere else that year?
    Reading through the archives on alt.music.nin, it looks like the first set of shows was solicited on March 12 for dates through April 25 (including Chicago on April 21). Chicago at UIC Pavilion was one of the smaller venues on the tour (under 10,000), whereas most other cities' venues were in larger arenas that were 10-20,000. On March 21, they added more dates (May 2-7), but left a hole in the schedule (April 26-May 1). The Chicago show then went on sale on March 25 and sold out in minutes. It looks like they announced the 2nd Chicago show (April 26) on March 28, maybe, and it looks like it went on sale around April 1 and that one also sold out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was NIN a last minute edition to Lollapalooza 1991? I just saw a vintage tour shirt and they're not listed on the back, but all the other bands are.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Was NIN a last minute edition to Lollapalooza 1991? I just saw a vintage tour shirt and they're not listed on the back, but all the other bands are.
    Orlando, FL was the last Lollapalooza stop for NIN before heading to the UK to open for G&R. Violent Femmes replaced NIN for the remainder of the festival dates.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Don't forget, they were supposed to play Uniondale, NY at the Nassau Coliseum on 05/10, the day after NYC MSG, but it was cancelled. This would have been two shows in the NYC area.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The Chicago show then went on sale on March 25 and sold out in minutes.
    You're not kidding. Reached the Ticketmaster counter in Bergner's at 10:03 am and ended up with lower bowl (107). Stuck around on a hunch and they were reporting "sold out" by 10:06 am.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so I have a question! I recently super got a friend into NIN and we been watching a bunch of the live shows, started with AATCHB and Beside You In Time, the this one is on us one, some pro shot festival stuff, tension on vevo, cold black and infinite stuff. I'm wondering if theres any really good quality pro audio video of any of the 2009 shows when they were a 4 piece, I've seen NIN like 13 times and that was one of my favorites just as far as how the band sounded. I've poked around but cant really find an actual soundboard audio one on youtube, but I just wondered if anybody here knew of one from that era. Maybe a festival they played during that run I hadnt thought of or something.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    so I have a question! I recently super got a friend into NIN and we been watching a bunch of the live shows, started with AATCHB and Beside You In Time, the this one is on us one, some pro shot festival stuff, tension on vevo, cold black and infinite stuff. I'm wondering if theres any really good quality pro audio video of any of the 2009 shows when they were a 4 piece, I've seen NIN like 13 times and that was one of my favorites just as far as how the band sounded. I've poked around but cant really find an actual soundboard audio one on youtube, but I just wondered if anybody here knew of one from that era. Maybe a festival they played during that run I hadnt thought of or something.
    There's no full shows, at least in terms of video. There's some videos that Rob Sheridan shot from the stage with soundboard audio on the official YouTube and Vimeo channels, plus scattered clips from some festivals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember these shirts? I remember them being for sale on a website like 20 years ago. These are the ones I could find, but I am pretty sure there were a few more. They may have been semi-official, as in not made by NIN, but they were aware and ok with it? I'm just going on memory. Anyway, was hoping someone remembered these, maybe we can find the site they were on via the Wayback Machine?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That was dysd.ca! The Fixed shirt was my personal favorite, and is very washed-out by now, although I also have MotP kicking around somewhere. If I remember right, sickamongthepure provided photography for the back prints.

If there were more designs, there weren't many - looks like Capital G may have been the only other one. Wayback Machine partially archived it, but as is the case with most Wayback archives, it's not going to get you any shirt images.
    Last edited by Endlessly; 07-22-2022 at 12:09 AM. Reason: adding archive link

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    That was dysd.ca! The Fixed shirt was my personal favorite, and is very washed-out by now, although I also have MotP kicking around somewhere. If I remember right, sickamongthepure provided photography for the back prints.

If there were more designs, there weren't many - looks like Capital G may have been the only other one. Wayback Machine partially archived it, but as is the case with most Wayback archives, it's not going to get you any shirt images.
    I got the images from this site (https://reprotees.com/product-catego...ne-inch-nails/), which appears to still be selling them. Since the site you linked has the same shirts, I'm guessing that was it. Glad someone else remembered it!