Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179
Results 5,341 to 5,356 of 5356

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    I believe you're thinking of Ohgr "Cracker".

Thanks, that's it! That's funny, I've been listening to a lot of ohGr these days and saw them live a couple of weeks ago, but haven't checked out that video until you mentioned it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dumb question: So I saw the Rage (Australian TV) tweet about it 'being 30 years since Trent Reznor started recording Nine Inch Nails tracks'. Does anybody know if this is based on a particular date being set somewhere, or its it just a case of 'he probably started working on them around about now in '88'?

I see nin.wiki refers to the Purest Feeling demo as being recorded in November '88, and if that's the case then I guess it's fair to say he had written a chunk of the material by September. Not sure I have the energy to trawl through old interviews to try and find more, but perhaps somebody here is nerdy enough to know if any firm dates are officially known from that era?

I'm happy to wait until September 2019 to have my own NIN is 30 party anyway, but still, I'm curious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Dumb question: So I saw the Rage (Australian TV) tweet about it 'being 30 years since Trent Reznor started recording Nine Inch Nails tracks'. Does anybody know if this is based on a particular date being set somewhere, or its it just a case of 'he probably started working on them around about now in '88'?

I see nin.wiki refers to the Purest Feeling demo as being recorded in November '88, and if that's the case then I guess it's fair to say he had written a chunk of the material by September. Not sure I have the energy to trawl through old interviews to try and find more, but perhaps somebody here is nerdy enough to know if any firm dates are officially known from that era?

I'm happy to wait until September 2019 to have my own NIN is 30 party anyway, but still, I'm curious.
    I don't think they're specifying a day, just the year, and it's probably based on what you already looked up.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    NIN made their live debut in Fall 1988 as an opening act for Skinny Puppy, almost a year before PHM was released. So yeah, celebrating 30th Anniversary this year is totally valid.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Does anyone still have a copy of the pictures of the endorsed paychecks from Bart Koster to Trent that were sold a few years ago on eBay? That would have a date on it that would indicate Trent's time at The Right Track.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Whatever happened to that music video they were making? It was learned through that photographer's instagram photo that Trent and co. were doing a music video for Bad Witch but we have yet to hear anything about it. Scrapped maybe?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Whatever happened to that music video they were making? It was learned through that photographer's instagram photo that Trent and co. were doing a music video for Bad Witch but we have yet to hear anything about it. Scrapped maybe?
    With NIN, I just assume everything is scrapped until it comes out. I feel like less than half of everything announced since the 90s has actually been released.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Does anyone still have a copy of the pictures of the endorsed paychecks from Bart Koster to Trent that were sold a few years ago on eBay? That would have a date on it that would indicate Trent's time at The Right Track.
    9/14/1987

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Well, there you go. Trent was in The Right Track as of late 87, so work on what would eventually become NIN tracks could have started as early as then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, there you go. Trent was in The Right Track as of late 87, so work on what would eventually become NIN tracks could have started as early as then.
    Was that the janitor, use studio at night deal? Trent is a regular Good Will Hunting.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me the font used in the C&B&I Tour promo images? As seen here - http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-c...-america-2018/

It looks to be the same throughout, thought certain parts are in bold? But I could be wrong. I figure this would be the best place to ask something so oddly specific. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    So, did I miss the train on the Halloween 12"? Anyone have a link to those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Can anyone tell me the font used in the C&B&I Tour promo images? As seen here - http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-c...-america-2018/

It looks to be the same throughout, thought certain parts are in bold? But I could be wrong. I figure this would be the best place to ask something so oddly specific. Thanks in advance!
    I believe it's Helvetica, but not quite sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    So, did I miss the train on the Halloween 12"? Anyone have a link to those.
    Those are not being sold on-line. everyone that made an order got an email that said the release is being only sold in physical stores. Your best bet is to contact your local record shop and see if they and order it for you.

See this link, https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...602#post429602

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    best bet is to contact your local record shop and see if they and order it for you.
    I admit to do that right after I read the cancellation emails being reported here.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Was sorting though stuff and found a DVD-R with show recorded in Portland, 12.07.08 with this as main menu screen and the menu music is from 2nd half of The Great Destroyer
    Would like to say thanks for good work if the author lurks here.