Page 195 of 215 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm thinking about trying to remake the 1,000,000 track jacket on teespring or something for myself. does anyone have a photo of theirs I could use as a reference?

EDIT: LOL nevermind, when you google image search 1,000,000 track jacket my old ebay listing is the first thing that pops up.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So my random question is... to what is Trent referring to when he asks for a copy of the NME at the 26 May Astoria recording? I'm sure I remember this being discussed before, but I don't remember the answer. A Google search brings up mention of a bad review of TDS so I guess that's it -if so, might this be archived somewhere?
    Here's Trent's exact quote after Get Down Make Love: "Does anybody out there got an NME on them? Anybody have an NME they can pass up to the front? You know. You guys understand English? I just took a shit and I need something to wipe my ass with. Anybody have an NME they can pass up to the fucking front?"

You can hear a recording of it on ninlive.com. https://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19940526.html
    And yes, it's because he was upset about the bad review for TDS that came out in NME.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm working on an NIN mix, and I want something that will go well after Beside You In Time besides RWIB. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My instinct reaction is We're in This Together.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 08-23-2020 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Ha!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I'm working on an NIN mix, and I want something that will go well after Beside You In Time besides RWIB. Any suggestions?
    Gave Up [North America Winter Tour 2006]

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Yes, this is most definitely a song by The Nine inch Nail's.
    I'm surprised that didn't yield a face palm. Derp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Gave Up [North America Winter Tour 2006]

I feel like there's a joke here that I'm unable to grasp? haha

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I feel like there's a joke here that I'm unable to grasp? haha
    Nope, not I intended at least. Just a song maybe overlooked for usage...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Trent thought With Teeth was a good follow up in Halo 22.

Otherwise, I can get onboard with Gave Up. The end of BYIT and start of Gave up have similar enough tempo, if TR and co felt so inclined I bet they could give Atticus a solo to seamless transition between the two. I was hoping that sort of thing is what Atticus would be doing when he became part of the live performance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever publicly commented on his opinion of, or relationship with, U2?

Specifically what prompted him to do the Zoo Station cover?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think from Zoo Station, Sunday Bloody Sunday and a remix of Vertigo it's safe to assume he's a fan.
    Don't remember that he ever discussed it though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    First hit from a google search is a Rolling Stone interview from 1997.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I've been interested in the 1989-1990 era of official NIN shirts & found this small sampling in my search through the interwebs (there's one more that I thought was bootleg, but was from an authentic TVT design that I need to find again):
    Has anyone seen or pursued the really authentic looking bootlegs out of Thailand? Obviously I don't have one in hand but the tag, stitching, and screen print look pretty legit. Glad I got several of mine before these inundate the market, I've already seen several posts of people with stacks of the "Travis Scott" TDS shirt. The FDTS post below shows the process (note the tables full of shirts). I hope you already got your shirts if having an original means anything to you.

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

VVV Edit: I'm not faulting this IG account, def think they're doing it right.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 08-28-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't know how much they're charging, but as long as they're specific in saying these are reprints - caveat emptor.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I think from Zoo Station, Sunday Bloody Sunday and a remix of Vertigo it's safe to assume he's a fan.
    Don't remember that he ever discussed it though.
    The opening to on Purest Feeling has a feel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't know how much they're charging, but as long as they're specific in saying these are reprints - caveat emptor.
    I decided to give 'em a try. $70 each going to take about a month to get them. Certainly will report once they arrive.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Has anyone seen or pursued the really authentic looking bootlegs out of Thailand? Obviously I don't have one in hand but the tag, stitching, and screen print look pretty legit. Glad I got several of mine before these inundate the market, I've already seen several posts of people with stacks of the "Travis Scott" TDS shirt. The FDTS post below shows the process (note the tables full of shirts). I hope you already got your shirts if having an original means anything to you.
    I have never ordered from this part. account/person, but I did order a very high quality bootleg shirt from what I assume is another person/group in Thailand off Ebay about a year or two ago. It was from an account "agunpratam-0 " that appears to now be inactive on EBay. There is a newer account that is selling the same shirt now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-80s-EXO...0AAOSwqUtecuMq

And this is the shirt:

The shirt has survived a good amount of washes now, hasn't shrunk, image is still crisp, etc. So you def. CAN get good quality shirts from this method, but I can't speak on this part. IG account. One would think that if they put this much effort into showing off what they are doing, that in theory they would be making decent stuff.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Speaking of bootleg shirts, I do enjoy FB's carefree attitude toward IP infringing advertising. That said, I wouldn't mind having a few NIN album cover t-shirts like these.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anybody know if the Closure dvd is still “out there”? Old macbook died, and Ive been un-successful in getting it off the hard-drive.

edit: ignore me, im an idiot and forgot to check the dl archive.
    Last edited by EvilGobi; 09-05-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even though I already PM'd everyone who posted in relevant Tour Journal thread, I guess it won't hurt to post here too:

If anyone here attended Webster Hall 2017 show and have any footage from it, send it to me and I'll use it in a multicam edit.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Has it ever been said what is on the cover of the EDIETS halo? A still from the unreleased video?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Does Atticus ever sing backup vocals? He always has a mic beside his live keyboard setup, but I've never seen him actually sing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does Atticus ever sing backup vocals? He always has a mic beside his live keyboard setup, but I've never seen him actually sing
    If I remember correctly, I’ve seen him at least mouth the chorus of Branches/Bones. No idea if he’s actually singing, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sometimes non singing musicians have mics as talkback to either the monitor engineer or (rarer) other band members. Could be for that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I thought that was a vape pen stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Just a general random NIN question: I'm at the research stage of a project trying to find reference imagery such as set images, prop images for the Happiness in Slavery video. Currently, the best I've come up with is low quality stills from the video and a couple of images posted by the director Jon Reiss. It's possible that someone here might have archived images that are no longer online. I'm particularly interested to know if there's any good photos of the torture machine. If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Make sure you're pulling images from https://archive.org/details/NineInch...BROKEN_DVD.img as that's the best quality currently available. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Make sure you're pulling images from https://archive.org/details/NineInch...BROKEN_DVD.img as that's the best quality currently available. Good luck!
    Thanks. I think the quality is about as good as the Vimeo upload on that one, which isn't bad, but not brilliant when trying to pull detail. The search continues.
    For what it's worth there are a couple of Jon Reiss colour stills from this video on his Facebook page. Nothing too insightful but enough to indicate what this video would have looked like in colour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there a general consensus as to which version of the Lost Highway vinyl is better? The MOV version of the Nothing/Interscope?

I'm leaning towards the MOV release because the packaging looks better (gatefold) and apparently the sound quality is just as good as the Nothing release. Any additional opinions are welcome to help me decide!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Is there a general consensus as to which version of the Lost Highway vinyl is better? The MOV version of the Nothing/Interscope?

I'm leaning towards the MOV release because the packaging looks better (gatefold) and apparently the sound quality is just as good as the Nothing release. Any additional opinions are welcome to help me decide!
    i have the 2016 MOV pressing and it sounds absolutely fantastic. plus it seems readily available (i would go with a discogs seller rather than amazon, though).
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/9327516?ev=rb
    https://smile.amazon.com/Lost-Highwa.../dp/B01LTHLYAC