Page 197 of 215 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 6437

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Anything is possible, but the drums do sound quite Grohl-y. In fact, they sound very much like his drumming on "The Collector."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is there footage of Queen Kwong's NIN 2005 opening set? My YT search resulted in nothing, but searching that place is a nightmare.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Is there footage of Queen Kwong's NIN 2005 opening set? My YT search resulted in nothing, but searching that place is a nightmare.
    Queen Kwong didn't exist back then (I assume you know this), literally no one knew who the hell is that playing before NIN. Carre was billed under her own name Carré Callaway and played solo, without a band. Bold move by TR.
    I very much doubt any footage exists, considering the state of cell phones in 2005.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    No footage and for the tapers that were in attendance, I don't think any of them recorded her opening set either. At least to my knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For a few hours now I've been trying to find a photo of Trent and Jack White talking - I know it exists because I've seen it before, but its like looking for the mountain bike pic. Does anyone have it? I think they're talking in a studio.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ehesha View Post
    For a few hours now I've been trying to find a photo of Trent and Jack White talking - I know it exists because I've seen it before, but its like looking for the mountain bike pic. Does anyone have it? I think they're talking in a studio.
    I found a pic of the With Teeth/Year Zero era band (minus Josh Freese) with Meg White. I wonder if it was taken the same day as this pic you're looking for. It looks like they're backstage somewhere.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hello everyone!!

So, there was a 'remix' album on youtube a while ago - the cover was of a year zero yellowey smokey city, and it was a 2hour megamix of NIN remixes, including the great destroyer remix by modwheelmood, the saul williams gunshots by computer (i think), and loads of others. Infact, it was almost a Trance/Dance remix album of NIN.

It seems to have disappeared through. Does anybody know what i'm talking about, and have a link to it - because it was brilliant. I'm fairly sure it was called 'After All is Said and Done' but i can't be 100% on that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Hello everyone!!

So, there was a 'remix' album on youtube a while ago - the cover was of a year zero yellowey smokey city, and it was a 2hour megamix of NIN remixes, including the great destroyer remix by modwheelmood, the saul williams gunshots by computer (i think), and loads of others. Infact, it was almost a Trance/Dance remix album of NIN.

It seems to have disappeared through. Does anybody know what i'm talking about, and have a link to it - because it was brilliant. I'm fairly sure it was called 'After All is Said and Done' but i can't be 100% on that
    it sounds a lot like you’re thinking of https://www.nin.wiki/Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D although I dont remember it being that long.

edit: Missed the part that you said it was on youtube so its probably something else with these songs mixed in.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    it sounds a lot like you’re thinking of https://www.nin.wiki/Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D although I dont remember it being that long.

edit: Missed the part that you said it was on youtube so its probably something else with these songs mixed in.
    yeah - not that simple i'm afraid! But the cover does look something like that. It's was a fan complition by someone on youtube.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    yeah - not that simple i'm afraid! But the cover does look something like that. It's was a fan complition by someone on youtube.
    I FOUND IT! Someone on reddit kindly had it - this is absolutely 10/10 - well worth a download!

After All Is Said And Done.zip (dropbox.com) (thanks to creeoer on reddit!)
    Last edited by laz001; 12-08-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so is this really the only picture that exists of the NIN CRC Sessions? Would be glad if you could link me to others.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a link (or an archive link) to a page that essentially broke down the story of The Downward Spiral? Song Exploder has me itching to read it again.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Does anyone have a link (or an archive link) to a page that essentially broke down the story of The Downward Spiral? Song Exploder has me itching to read it again.
    This one?

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...piral-new-book

If not any other details you can provide? There are others out there. Wanna go OLD SCHOOL???

http://hnv.nin.net/hnv2/tds.html
    Last edited by m0reta; 12-15-2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Better WERDS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    This one?

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...piral-new-book

If not any other details you can provide? There are others out there. Wanna go OLD SCHOOL???

http://hnv.nin.net/hnv2/tds.html
    I think the old school one is the one, thank you!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    OK NINternet, please don't let me down... a while back I remember seeing a video with music from Ghosts where the visual was Twin Peaks The Atomic Bomb footage. I've been searching but can't find it. Anyone know where I can find it?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the "audiophile version" of Hesitation Marks? Is it still for sale anywhere? I found this 24-bit version on 7 digital but am unsure if it's the audiophile version.

https://us.7digital.com/artist/nine-...6%2C17%2C9%2C2

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I remember someone saying a while back that the version on HDtracks was the audiophile version (or that it was available on there at some point), but I have no idea if that's true or not.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I remember someone saying a while back that the version on HDtracks was the audiophile version (or that it was available on there at some point), but I have no idea if that's true or not.
    I just checked and it appears to be the same version on 7digital but it doesn't say definitively if it is the audiophile version. :-/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Does anyone have the "audiophile version" of Hesitation Marks? Is it still for sale anywhere? I found this 24-bit version on 7 digital but am unsure if it's the audiophile version.

https://us.7digital.com/artist/nine-...6%2C17%2C9%2C2
    This prompted me to add more info on this to the wiki. According to the original announcement from 2013, the audiophile version was only available to people who ordered the album from nin.com, so I'm thinking the HDtracks master is the same as the other digital outlets.
    http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...-two-different

EDIT: Here's a post on an audiophile board where someone says the HDtracks version is the "loud" version:
    https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...comment=250060
    Last edited by piggy; 12-26-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    This prompted me to add more info on this to the wiki. According to the original announcement from 2013, the audiophile version was only available to people who ordered the album from nin.com, so I'm thinking the HDtracks master is the same as the other digital outlets.
    http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...-two-different
    Wait, so the version on HDTracks is a different master but it's not the "audiophile version"? And there's no way to purchase the official "audiophile version" anymore?

EDIT: derp, I misread. so the HDTracks version is the same as the CD, but in higher bitrate?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    EDIT: derp, I misread. so the HDTracks version is the same as the CD, but in higher bitrate?
    And there's no way to purchase the official "audiophile version" anymore?
    I think you're correct, yeah. I can't figure out where I got the info about a separate master for HDtracks back when I wrote the original wiki page. I took that away just now.
    Last edited by piggy; 12-26-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn it, that's frustrating.

Well, if anyone has it and is willing to share a link non-publicly, I would appreciate it greatly.

EDIT: sorry if this is asking for a lawsuit. I will remove the content of this post if it is.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    For what it's worth... during my research tonight, I found that a few mastering professionals have said that the "audiophile" version is only a tiny improvement over the "standard" one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    For what it's worth... during my research tonight, I found that a few mastering professionals have said that the "audiophile" version is only a tiny improvement over the "standard" one.
    Yeah, I've heard the same. And a lot of people criticized the fact it was still brickwalled to fuck despite being the "audiophile" version but I've got an incredible setup and would love to hear it, even if it's only a small improvement.

And that, in a nutshell, is the curse of being an audiophile: spending thousands of dollars to get a 2-5% increase in performance. Sigh.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I think you're correct, yeah. I can't figure out where I got the info about a separate master for HDtracks back when I wrote the original wiki page. I took that away just now.
    Here's the information about the different HDTracks master:
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...690#post129690

It looks like that one may also be unavailable currently. Here's the original HDTracks version (available from 2013-2018). Note the price and tracklisting:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180927...deluxe-version

And here's the current version on HDTracks (2019-current), which probably corresponds to the "loud" version available everywhere else:
    https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/5e2...f95d460e6a95f1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how was the packaging for the "Broken" version that had the mini CD?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    Does anyone know how was the packaging for the "Broken" version that had the mini CD?
    You can see pictures and a description of it here:
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/609298

The 3" CD was inside a cardsleeve that was tucked inside the gatefold digipak. And, of course, at that time, everything came inside a longbox too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    You can see pictures and a description of it here:
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...release/609298

The 3" CD was inside a cardsleeve that was tucked inside the gatefold digipak. And, of course, at that time, everything came inside a longbox too.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello, it's a pleasure to meet everyone here. I fairly new here and recently stumbled upon this site through NIN wiki. I'm a long time collector and fan of Trent Reznor and I've been working on a list of material. My question is, is there anything I'm missing from my list? ^_^ Thank you.

Demo, Rumored, Lost and Unreleased Tracks

"The Beauty Of The Drug" (Unreleased/Demo 'The Downward Spiral' Track. Possibly became 'The Perfect Drug'.)
    "Just Do It" (Unreleased/Demo axed Track. Possibly become 'The Downward Spiral'. Was a track prompting the album's protagonist to kill himself. The latter was axed at the request of Flood, who refused to have anything to do with it.)
    "Anomaly" (Confirmed 'The Way Out Is Through' demo track from 'The Fragile')
    "Rotation" (Unreleased/Demo 'The Fragile' Track.)
    "Stained" (Unreleased/Demo 'The Fragile' Track.)
    "Message To No One" (Unreleased/Demo 'With Teeth' track)
    "The Life You Didn't Lead" (Unreleased/Demo 'With Teeth' track)
    "My Dead Friend" (Unreleased/Demo 'With Teeth' track.)(Whether this is an earlier name for a song that does appear or simply didn't make the cut is so far unknown. It is speculated that it may have become "This Isn't The Place".)
    "The Warning" (With Teeth demo, later becoming the Year Zero track "The Warning")
    "Be Kind To Them" (Tapeworm Project)
    "Ignorant" (Tapeworm Project)
    "Potions" (Tapeworm Project)(later "covered" and renamed "Potions (Deliverance Mix)" by Puscifer)
    "Vacant" (Tapeworm Project)(later restyled and renamed "Passive", by A Perfect Circle)
    "End Crawl" 'Patriots Day FYC Soundtrack glitch. Although listed on the packaging, this track is not present on the disc.
    "She's Gone Away" (unreleased) A version of the song was originally presented to David Lynch who rejected it, asking for something edgier.
    "Lovegun" (Kiss Cover) only rumored.
    "Sex Dwarf" (Soft Cell Cover) Sang live but studio recording mentioned but never surfaced.
    "Kinda I Want To" - Another Lost PHM Demo
    "That's What I Get" (demo, called "I Can Make Myself Forget") Another Lost PHM Demo

PHM Demo Tape
    1. "Sin" (4:06) Lost PHM Demo (MA Ebay sold demo tape)
    2. "Terrible Lie" (4:55) Lost PHM Demo (MA Ebay sold demo tape)
    3. "Sanctified" (5:33) Lost PHM Demo (MA Ebay sold demo tape)
    4. "Ringfinger" (4:32) Lost PHM Demo (MA Ebay sold demo tape)
    5. "Down In It" (4:26) Lost PHM Demo (MA Ebay sold demo tape)

With Teeth (Tentative Sequence 11/30/04)
    Disc 1
    1. All the Love in the World (Demo)
    2. You Know What You Are?
    3. The Collector
    4. The Hand That Feeds
    5. Love Is Not Enough
    6. Every Day Is Exactly the Same
    7. With Teeth
    8. Only
    9. Getting Smaller Everyday (Demo)
    10. Sunspots
    11. The Line Begins to Blur
    12. Beside You in Time
    13. "Cages" ('Write Where It Belongs' Demo 'With Teeth' track)
    Disc 2
    1. Non-Entity (Demo)
    2. "Cover It Up" (Unreleased/Demo 'With Teeth track'.)(Reported to be an early version of "The Idea Of You.)
    3. Not So Pretty Now (Demo)
    5. Home (Demo)
    6. "Good Day" (Unreleased/Demo 'With Teeth' track)
    7. "The End" (Unreleased/Demo 'With Teeth' track)
    Last edited by All_The_Spoils; 01-07-2021 at 04:25 AM.