Page 132 of 215 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    I remember reading some literature (I think it was in one of the NIN albums) where it basically says something along the lines of 'Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor'... Does anyone remember which album that was in?
    Pretty Hate Machine.

Since then, that has kinda changed of course, and Fragile, With Teeth and The Slip all list "nine inch nails live" with a more complete band member list.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    the line you're looking for is right after lyrics - http://nincatalog.com/pretty-hate-ma...hine-us-cd-21/

*edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion
    reading some literature
    heh, "literature", oh my.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 12-23-2015 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    the line you're looking for is right after lyrics - http://nincatalog.com/pretty-hate-ma...hine-us-cd-21/

*edit*

heh, "literature", oh my.
    I meant album literature (aka the literature on the album). You do know there's more than one definition of 'literature' right?????

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well, I understood you but first thought was a magazine article or something. In certain sense, record liners are designed to be read, so it's a branch of literature. I just never put it that way before. But PHM's a classic, so here we go, i guess

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Literature - "printed materials (such as booklets, leaflets, and brochures) that provide information about something"

I just learned a new word in the other thread, so I thought I'd return the favor. :-p

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't suppose anyone ever managed to trim 1,000,000's repeated lines in the multitrack? It's all mixed together in the LeadVox track.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Turbosynth was a staple of TR's sound in the Broken/TDS days, is there a way to emulate it? Or is there a classic version that runs on modern OS's?

I already have a DAW the way I like it so I don't really want a whole suite just those classic messy clock noises and aliasing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I'm searching the With Teeth Booklet pdf...but on the site is no more available (broke download link, I think), where I can find it?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d_lsrd View Post
    Hi all, I'm searching the With Teeth Booklet pdf...but on the site is no more available (broke download link, I think), where I can find it?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4L...ew?usp=sharing

It's a poster, not a booklet (god knows why)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Alright this is very loose.. But a while ago (Several months ago) on this forum there was a discussion between I believe Ryan who runs NIN LIVE (though it could have been someone else) and someone who is said to have an unreleased proshot '94 era video. The footage wasn't shown, and the person who has the footage was reluctant to release the footage due to involvement in filming and legal issues. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And if so has there been any progress or update on the status of that footage?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Alright this is very loose.. But a while ago (Several months ago) on this forum there was a discussion between I believe Ryan who runs NIN LIVE (though it could have been someone else) and someone who is said to have an unreleased proshot '94 era video. The footage wasn't shown, and the person who has the footage was reluctant to release the footage due to involvement in filming and legal issues. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And if so has there been any progress or update on the status of that footage?
    it was more than sev months. It was like 18 months or 2 years.....that guy was full of complete shit...no video ever surfaced..the guy disappeared....total utter bullshit just like I said it was an hour after the original post (and got decimated for by the people who didnt wanna believe it was BS)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    it was more than sev months. It was like 18 months or 2 years.....that guy was full of complete shit...no video ever surfaced..the guy disappeared....total utter bullshit just like I said it was an hour after the original post (and got decimated for by the people who didnt wanna believe it was BS)
    Blah blah blah. A friend of mine in New Zealand spoke with the director of Hurt & the original concert film, who confirmed the story was legit. Yeah, the guy disappeared, but he knew details that weren't otherwise publicly available.

Can't win 'em all.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Regarding Tension, can we pin this somewhere and let people know it was posted in November 2014 to prevent further queries until we hear something official? -

I have a Nine Inch Nails DVD coming out soon. I directed 2 of the 4 shows in the package. I would highly recommend checking it out. They put on a hell of a show. Trent is up there with Axl as one of the great frontmen in rock.

Source: http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2442

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Regarding Tension, can we pin this somewhere and let people know it was posted in November 2014 to prevent further queries until we hear something official? -

I have a Nine Inch Nails DVD coming out soon. I directed 2 of the 4 shows in the package. I would highly recommend checking it out. They put on a hell of a show. Trent is up there with Axl as one of the great frontmen in rock.

Source: http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2442
    Maybe in a form of a FAQ with another frequent questions?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    I thought that message was later retracted, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was wondering if some of us could assemble a street team for the coming release. I would be willing to assist but I am unsure how to go about getting promo items for distribution.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Do you remember where on ETS this took place? I want to read it again..
    here it is...just reading it again pissed me off lol

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...oncert-footage
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 12-30-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Man, I totally forgot about that. Yeah, nothing came about with that.

Just me personally, if it's been 20+ years, I think people have totally forgotten about it and *probably* wouldn't care it found its way onto the interwebz. But you have to respect that they aren't snitches and loyal as the day is long.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well, you can compare it to Music Vault released Woodstock'94 NIN set. Slightly higher quality than previously circulated capture taped from pay-per-view. Did anyone really talk about it lately? It has to be unreleased to have any attention, unfortunately. Sour grapes and stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4L...ew?usp=sharing

It's a poster, not a booklet (god knows why)
    Thank you!!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    More like NYSEXALL

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm with you on this one. Very uncool move on that guy's part: "Hi NIN fan community! So let me tell you about this bitchin' Self-Destruct pro-shot concert film I have sitting here on my desk. Guess I'll take that down and get it converted. Haha, well...later, guys!"

Ugh. Dick.
    From what I understand, he didn't just decide to throw a middle finger at us and peace out. There was a snag in his plan to get it converted and the idea fell dead in the water.
    Either way, nothing we can do about it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This kind of completes the holy trinity of unreleased NIN stuff, I guess. Tapeworm, Fragile deluxe and a known-to-exist 1995 pro-shot concert film. One we'll likely see one day, one we'll likely never see, and the pro-shot footage could go either way. We know it exists, just don't know when or if it will actually surface.
    Just be patient, it's an ever changing lineup, previous members include:
    Butch Vig's remix of Last
    All of those remixes by Coil
    Pro shot Night of Nothing video

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    From what I understand, he didn't just decide to throw a middle finger at us and peace out. There was a snag in his plan to get it converted and the idea fell dead in the water.
    What snag could it be though if it's just about conversion? I'd have been prepared to throw some money his way if given the opportunity if it was financial. I could understand legal reasons though in that they'd be able to find out who he was from his back story and I guess there could be repercussions that way

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    you know how easy it is to convert VHS...so easy....plus he never posted again. i checked his page and he has like 2 posts and then it was bye bye....times like this i wish someone would steal the fucker and upload it via torrent...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have little experience with digitizing VHS but what if it's not his fault but simply the time passed has made transfer impossible?
    You know, he probably found the tape in an old box sitting in the basement in less than optimal humidity/temperature for almost twenty years, became easily excited only to find out half the picture is missing (and when picture was there - sound wasn't). I fully understand why he would never want to talk about it again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    here it is...just reading it again pissed me off lol

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...oncert-footage

That's pretty torturous reading.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I have little experience with digitizing VHS but what if it's not his fault but simply the time passed has made transfer impossible?
    You know, he probably found the tape in an old box sitting in the basement in less than optimal humidity/temperature for almost twenty years, became easily excited only to find out half the picture is missing (and when picture was there - sound wasn't). I fully understand why he would never want to talk about it again.
    Levi was in talks with him and he closed the thread for a reason. I think there was a real reason why this wasn't released, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of "hey bro, we own that footage and we know you have the only other copy so it may be in your best interest to not put that footage out there right now" letter from the record company. Just speculation, but I'd just chalk this up as part of the infinite number box sets/releases that will come once Trent passes. There's do doubt the record label has mountains is footage/audio Trent doesn't want out there that will surface once he's not around to say no to.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Levi was in talks with him and he closed the thread for a reason. I think there was a real reason why this wasn't released, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of "hey bro, we own that footage and we know you have the only other copy so it may be in your best interest to not put that footage out there right now" letter from the record company. Just speculation, but I'd just chalk this up as part of the infinite number box sets/releases that will come once Trent passes. There's do doubt the record label has mountains is footage/audio Trent doesn't want out there that will surface once he's not around to say no to.
    Then it will be Mrs. Reznor's job to decide what comes out and what doesnt.....she might end up doing a ratchet job on him like Mrs. Cobain did to her late husband...allowing songs to be used in commercials/video games and releasing 8th generation home cassette rehearsal demos yet refusing to allow professionally filmed shows to be released..I dont know if I trust Mrs Reznor to do the right thing

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Then it will be Mrs. Reznor's job to decide what comes out and what doesnt.....she might end up doing a ratchet job on him like Mrs. Cobain did to her late husband...allowing songs to be used in commercials/video games and releasing 8th generation home cassette rehearsal demos yet refusing to allow professionally filmed shows to be released..I dont know if I trust Mrs Reznor to do the right thing
    ...Trent already allows his music to be used in commercials and video games

edit:
    And Trent has released poorly recorded rehearsals and recordings in the past, but we have yet to get multiple proshot live shows. I think Trent is Courtney.
    Last edited by sheepdean; 01-03-2016 at 04:50 PM.