Page 131 of 215 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 6450

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    3rd 12 Rounds album, which we've heard some songs from that fucking blow my mind
    Well, Atticus and Claudia got the right back to it, so they can release it whenever they want. Except they got the rights back like 5 years ago...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I recall someone in With Teeth days (when it was "current" nin album) posted alternate playlist requiring a bit of editing (instructions were included too) that very much changed the album's mood (apparently) and some people preferred that edit as Bleedthrough. Some said it sucked too (big surprise, huh). I never tried it myself, but maybe somebody remembers the damned thing?!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Well, Atticus and Claudia got the right back to it, so they can release it whenever they want. Except they got the rights back like 5 years ago...
    dude ... "shine on" is probably one of my favorite songs EVER. and the other two songs they released are pretty solid too. it kills me we're not hearing the rest of that album. Seriously, I will paypal them $1000 right now to release the album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    dude ... "shine on" is probably one of my favorite songs EVER. and the other two songs they released are pretty solid too. it kills me we're not hearing the rest of that album. Seriously, I will paypal them $1000 right now to release the album.
    Yeah, I feel ya. Kickstarter/Pledgemusic/Indiegogo all exist to cover the simple cost of putting it onto a CD-R ffs, and imagine Shine On being on vinyl!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I heard from a reliable source back in the bleedthrough days that the stuff he heard Trent working on was drastically different than what eventually became With Teeth. Whether those songs got scrapped completely or reworked into something much different than the described 13 hard punches to the face, I think it would be fair to classify that as its own (unreleased) entity if true.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Artists re-work their stuff all the time before calling it completed and releasing it. Doesn't mean every variation of the work was itself a work that was never released.
    Well it was a work that was never achieved, maaaaan, like most of what @sheepdean listed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    yeah, i feel ya. Kickstarter/pledgemusic/indiegogo all exist to cover the simple cost of putting it onto a cd-r ffs, and imagine shine on being on vinyl!
    ughhhh why isn't this happening

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    ughhhh why isn't this happening
    Because god is cruel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Adam Ant collab
    Numan tribute album
    Dr Dre collab
    Peter Murphy collab
    Numan collab
    Tapeworm
    With Teeth deluxe
    Bleedthrough
    EDIETS video, THTF second video, Everything video
    Getting multitracks for pretty much anything he's said we'll get them for
    Vinyl release for Gone Girl outtakes
    [other stuff]

Many projects never happen
    I’d like to think that Trent has a reeealy big oven, with an awful lot of burners. And all of these projects are still there, just simmering, until the time is right...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    If Bleedthrough was indeed a very different animal, it would have been a cool idea to put out a 10th anniversary edition of WT with BT as a second disc. Plus that essay he said he was going to write...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Adam Ant collab
    Numan tribute album
    Dr Dre collab
    Peter Murphy collab
    Numan collab
    Tapeworm
    With Teeth deluxe
    Bleedthrough
    EDIETS video, THTF second video, Everything video
    Getting multitracks for pretty much anything he's said we'll get them for
    Vinyl release for Gone Girl outtakes
    [other stuff]

Many projects never happen
    Oh.

I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    If it's not this, then it is very similar. Either way, it's With Teeth extra/promo artwork from Rob. A while back, his professional portfolio website had a bunch of different art that wasn't used for With Teeth on it, a good handful of which I think were used for avatars on ETS.
    Ahhh... Man I love some of this art; all glitchy, and combing effecty. yeah I thought it had a sort of with teech resemblance to it.
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 12-11-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What's the ideal NIN playlist for flying? Got a plane ride in a few hours and thought I'd ask.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Last time I was flying, I was reading Stephen King book with Dragon Tattoo soundtrack on repeat. Terrific.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I agree that soundtrack work is awesome for travel. Took an 11 hour bus trip in the winter and listed to Dragon Tattoo, it was great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Last time I was flying, I was reading Stephen King book with Dragon Tattoo soundtrack on repeat. Terrific.
    Tell me it wasn't The Langoliers lol. That would've been a little too intense.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anything NIN related to do/see in nyc? For some reason I thought there was some music museum or something here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    Anything NIN related to do/see in nyc? For some reason I thought there was some music museum or something here.
    Isn't the Closer video on rotation in the museum of modern art? Also surely some items would have been left at the hard rock cafe

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    You could visit where they shot the video for "I'm Afraid of Americans"

Nine Inch Nails performed at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, which were held in the Metropolitan Opera House. Go see a show there!

That's all I got.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    find a strip club with tatted up goth girls...they usually worship all things Reznor and dance to 'Closer"

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Trent did a show at Madison Square Garden with Marilyn Manson once.
    Also, someone might have put up some AIR flyers somewhere in 2007.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    You could visit where they shot the video for "I'm Afraid of Americans"

Nine Inch Nails performed at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, which were held in the Metropolitan Opera House. Go see a show there!

That's all I got.
    the blocks where they filmed the video, particularly around the Christopher street stop, are pretty great areas in their own right. Come for the recogNINtion, stay for the atmosphere

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Go to Webster hall in the east village and know that on one very fucking hot and fateful night in August 2009, they played all of the downward spiral all the way thru.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Wasn't Irving Plaza near Union Square the site of some NIN shows, including a Night of Nothing circa 1996 and the Skinny Puppy VIVIsectVI tour where they opened in '88? Would be fun to see a concert there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That YZ instrumental album in the iTunes store: who the heck is that creepy kid on the cover? lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    That YZ instrumental album in the iTunes store: who the heck is that creepy kid on the cover? lol
    that's trent's profile picture from remix.nin.com so i always assumed it was a picture of him as a tiny child :: shrug ::

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    This brings me back to WTF is that word during Star****ers, inc. at 4:00 and 4:33
    Anybody?..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Anybody?..
    Not helpful but they sound like two different samples. Of what? You'd have to go on Gearslutz and ask Clouser.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Anybody?..
    No ideas for the 4:00 one, but the one at 4:33 sounds clearly like "everyone" to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I remember reading some literature (I think it was in one of the NIN albums) where it basically says something along the lines of 'Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor'... Does anyone remember which album that was in?