Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196
Results 5,851 to 5,867 of 5867

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Is there a general consensus as to which version of the Lost Highway vinyl is better? The MOV version of the Nothing/Interscope?

I'm leaning towards the MOV release because the packaging looks better (gatefold) and apparently the sound quality is just as good as the Nothing release. Any additional opinions are welcome to help me decide!
    i have the 2016 MOV pressing and it sounds absolutely fantastic. plus it seems readily available (i would go with a discogs seller rather than amazon, though).
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/9327516?ev=rb
    https://smile.amazon.com/Lost-Highwa.../dp/B01LTHLYAC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i have the 2016 MOV pressing and it sounds absolutely fantastic. plus it seems readily available (i would go with a discogs seller rather than amazon, though).
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/9327516?ev=rb
    https://smile.amazon.com/Lost-Highwa.../dp/B01LTHLYAC
    I'm leaning towards it purely for the packaging. The Nothing version seems very vanilla in comparison...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is Trent Reznor's twitter avatar: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...o1_400x400.jpg

If I remember correctly he had a bigger version of this (showing more characters) for another service (maybe spotify). But now I can't find it. Am I right and can anyone here provide a link? That would be awesome.

Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    This is Trent Reznor's twitter avatar: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...o1_400x400.jpg

If I remember correctly he had a bigger version of this (showing more characters) for another service (maybe spotify). But now I can't find it. Am I right and can anyone here provide a link? That would be awesome.
    it's a screencap from Robotron 2084 so i would say just search for some images from the game. it's possible it's a slightly manipulated image, too. with the black background it's pretty easy to re-arrange character positions.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Anyone know anything about this TVT sampler?

https://www.discogs.com/Various-TVT-...elease/9407932

I realized that it was released months before PHM was actually released. Though "Down In It" is likely the album version, the listed runtime on HLAH does not correspond to any known version and raises the tantalizing possibility that this could be an early unknown version.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

I realized that it was released months before PHM was actually released. Though Down In It is likely the album version, the listed runtime on HLAH does not correspond to any known version and raises the tantalizing possibility that this could be an early unknown version.
    Could it be "You Know Who You Are"? The times match up, at least according to NINwiki.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Could it be "You Know Who You Are"? The times match up, at least according to NINwiki.
    I considered it, but I don't think so. Even the earliest HLAH mix (LeBlanc's Slate) is from July 1989, too early to make this sampler. And all the Flood mixes (of which You Know Who You Are is one) that we know the dates on are from 1990. Also, including a dub mix on a showcase sampler? That would have been too weird.

Also, I just noticed this, but John Fryer is credited on the mix for HLAH on this sampler. As far as I'm aware, no version of HLAH from John Fryer has ever surfaced. There was only LeBlanc on the album version and Slate version, and Flood on all the other versions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

More interesting is being credited to "The Nine Inch Nails".

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There are 7 Discogs members that own this cassette. Surely, one of them must also be on ETS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    More interesting is being credited to "The Nine Inch Nails".
    Lynch coming in with the deepest cut of them all. We laughed, but he was the one pulling the strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone know the creator of It All Fades aka Dahak? I want to listen to some more of his music because its really amazing stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a link to or the actual interview from the 90s where Trent says "I don't want to be 40 years old and on tour?" I've only seen the gif, but I would love to watch the actual interview.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, look at this. I was reading through The Making of Pretty Hate Machine & The Downward Spiral, and there is the Boulder transition to Peter Murphy right there.
    I didn't want to hijack the HiH thread, but I'm curious about this book. I remember seeing it back in the day, but I don't think I ever read it. How detailed is the making of PHM section? I'm curious about the timeline of the completed "Purest Feeling" demos, actually getting signed by TVT, and details from that point to the release of PHM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Does anyone have a link to or the actual interview from the 90s where Trent says "I don't want to be 40 years old and on tour?" I've only seen the gif, but I would love to watch the actual interview.
    Not the exact quote, but he has similar view in this woodstock interview (at about 4:34):

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I didn't want to hijack the HiH thread, but I'm curious about this book. I remember seeing it back in the day, but I don't think I ever read it. How detailed is the making of PHM section? I'm curious about the timeline of the completed "Purest Feeling" demos, actually getting signed by TVT, and details from that point to the release of PHM.
    Not very, tbh. Most of the book narrative is sourced from magazine articles and interviews. I don't think there's any real original research in here. There also does seem to be a bit of creative "hole-filling" and interpolation by the writer sometimes, so I take what I read in there with a grain of salt.

But it can be handy to have around sometimes. I've picked it up for reference maybe once or twice per year since getting it a few years ago. I paid $8 shipped for mine on eBay.

Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    I'm sure we've been over this before, but I caught a bunch of Ghosts songs on a long YouTube video, and so, I wondered again:

What exactly does the Creative Commons thing, or whatever it's called exactly, mean?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm sure we've been over this before, but I caught a bunch of Ghosts songs on a long YouTube video, and so, I wondered again:

What exactly does the Creative Commons thing, or whatever it's called exactly, mean?
    The specific license on Ghosts I-IV (and The Slip), Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial Share Alike/CC BY-NC-SA, roughly means:
    1. Creative Commons: the name of group that defines these licenses. (Not all CC licenses are the same, thus the unwieldy long name on this one.)
    2. Attribution: When sharing, you have to credit the original creator. You also have to specify if this is 100% their work, or if you've made changes.
    3. Noncommercial: You (the audience) can't sell it, or generally use it to sell something/earn money/etc. Don't just slap it in a car commercial or whatever.
    4. Share-alike: You can spin off of this work in any way you choose, but when sharing that, you need to communicate that whatever you make - remixes, scoring videos, whatever - is licensed under all these exact same conditions.

A CC license isn't something you buy - it just exists the moment you attribute something like "released under CC BY-NC-SA" to your own work. Really what it does it promises that the creator won't restrict you from doing anything under these terms, although they retain the freedom to negotiate use outside of those conditions. This is why, say, Lil Nas X's management had to negotiate with TR's regarding Old Town Road: under this license, he's not automatically permitted to sample Ghosts in a song he's selling and/or distributing under a different license.