Page 180 of 215 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There's a chance a live album or even Blu-ray release will be announced, yes! Only never to be released or even mentioned again. Exciting!
    Yeah, it'll be released right after the Wave Goodbye club shows, the Tension 2013 Blu-Ray, the rumored 2013-2014 compilation video set...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    Yeah, it'll be released right after the Wave Goodbye club shows, the Tension 2013 Blu-Ray, the rumored 2013-2014 compilation video set...
    Dont forget the Self Destruct pro shot.

Or the live album from that era that artwork was commissioned (and completed) for.

Im holding out for that hi def video anthology, with the full Sin video, original March of the Pigs, Day the world went away, Everyday is Exactly the Same and Everything videos too. Go ahead and add Broken in there for continuity sake. Include the performance versions of Gave Up and MotP as bonus content.

I just want a videography as originally conceved!!

edit: are there any more aborted video projects?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-29-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I have a funny feeling we might actually get a video for this one.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    NIN/Bowie concert film. The 30-minute Dissonance tour pro-shot footage that was posted on Vimeo like 8 years ago was a part of that.
    Some of London 2005 gigs were filmed (Astoria or Brixton, forgot which ones).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I have a funny feeling we might actually get a video for this one.
    Video is nice, and I understand the need because of how their stage act is, but I want a live album. I liked And All That Could Have Been as an audio document on it's own, and surprised it's not something that's been done more of outside the stuff leaked online.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever talked about why Home was cut from the With Teeth tracklist? It's one of my favorite songs from that era and it keeps being played live over the years while most of the songs of that record don't.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Has Trent ever talked about why Home was cut from the With Teeth tracklist? It's one of my favorite songs from that era and it keeps being played live over the years while most of the songs of that record don't.
    I've never seen him talk about that, but it was on all kinds of WT releases either as a bonus at the end (CD) or between Sunspots and The Line Begins to Blur (vinyl), plus The Hand That Feeds vinyl single. He made sure we could get it easily even if it didn't fit the album or whatever.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent did say that he wanted With Teeth to be "twelve good punches in the face", and while I love Home, it kind of plods along and doesn't immediately jump out at you if you listen to it in the context of the album. I feel like Trent must have liked the song a lot, but wasn't able to fit it into the framework of the album, so it became a bonus track.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Did I imagine talk of a Capital G video from back in the day? My memory recalls something about an official fan competition or something, but I could be (most probably are) mistaken. Also, if plans for the Capital G single by Interscope release went ahead as planned, without interference from from Reznor, wasn’t God Given planned to be single #3? Perhaps we would have gotten a video for that, too...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Did I imagine talk of a Capital G video from back in the day? My memory recalls something about an official fan competition or something, but I could be (most probably are) mistaken. Also, if plans for the Capital G single by Interscope release went ahead as planned, without interference from from Reznor, wasn’t God Given planned to be single #3? Perhaps we would have gotten a video for that, too...
    I have a recollection of this from the old ETS as well. Supposedly, they were to select a winner from the fan-made videos, and then film a performance-like video with the contest winner video projected onto the band and the background wall. This info was from a photo of some internal Interscope memo or something like this, not from TR or Rob anyone else we know. And of course it got scrapped before the contest was ever announced.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did TR ever legally change his name to Trent, or does his driver's license still say Michael?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Did TR ever legally change his name to Trent, or does his driver's license still say Michael?
    I'm pretty sure it says Josh Wink

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it says Josh Wink
    That dead horse has been beaten so bad you're just pounding dirt now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Seriously nobody knows?

This has been bugging me ever since I saw the stuff from that storage unit over on the collection thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like there isn't an answer currently. Trent's never been the most person.

But I'd love to proven wrong.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    TR's personal life is none of our business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Sorry, but I find this holier-than-thou nonsense to be silly. "I must know everything about celebrity X" and "How dare you ask anything about celebrity X" are merely different flavors of sycophancy. And I'm sure your lifetime browser history includes zero visits to TMZ, right?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    I feel like there isn't an answer currently. Trent's never been the most person.

But I'd love to proven wrong.
    But who has been the most person?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yes, asking the first name of our favorite artist is really prying deep into his personal life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    But who has been the most person?
    This has been happening to me a lot recently. I REALLY need to start double checking my posts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So I know TR features on QOTSA's Fairweather Friends. Does anyone know where exactly in the song he's featured?

I've had it in my head for years that he's the very prominent backing voice that sings "Fairweather friends" immediately after Josh in the chorus but I'm starting to think that might be incorrect.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    So I know TR features on QOTSA's Fairweather Friends. Does anyone know where exactly in the song he's featured?

I've had it in my head for years that he's the very prominent backing voice that sings "Fairweather friends" immediately after Josh in the chorus but I'm starting to think that might be incorrect.

I think that's actually Elton John singing that part. I think TR is just a part of the "choir" singing wordlessly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I think that's actually Elton John singing that part. I think TR is just a part of the "choir" singing wordlessly.
    Thanks.

Have I been tripping since 201e or does it sound similar to TR?

Never thought I'd say Elton John and Trent Reznor have similar vocals, but here we are.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure @GavinCollins420 is right and it's TR in the chorus. I think Elton sings duet with Josh on the verses ('Every single time...', 'broken promises...' - that part) + all piano is Elton as well.
    Last edited by fillow; 01-21-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    And I'm sure your lifetime browser history includes zero visits to TMZ, right?
    Considering I had no clue what that even was until looking it up just now, I'd say this statement is correct.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure @GavinCollins420 is right and it's TR in the chorus. I think Elton sings duet with Josh on the verses ('Every single time...', 'broken promises...' - that part) + all piano is Elton as well.
    Nah, at 3:22 the same voice sings and is slightly less distorted and it's clearly not TR.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What exactly was Trent above in 1989 and now he's down in what?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    What exactly was Trent above in 1989 and now he's down in what?
    A tiny little dot

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Are there any really good photos of Peter Murphy hanging upside-down at T5?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Are there any really good photos of Peter Murphy hanging upside-down at T5?
    There are a few good videos on youtube, but the best picture I know of is this one.