Page 183 of 215 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone know what Alessandro Cortini is working on right now? He’s been posting to IG about mastering some music.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Anyone know what Alessandro Cortini is working on right now? He’s been posting to IG about mastering some music.
    He has an album coming, I don't know for which band

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What was the name of that German Metal Festival where NIN played the "chill setlist"? Circa 2009 maybe. La Mer, Me I'm Not, Lights In The Sky, etc. I distinctly remember a video where a bunch of meatheads were laughing during one of the piano interludes, like "what the fuck is this shit"..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    What was the name of that German Metal Festival where NIN played the "chill setlist"? Circa 2009 maybe. La Mer, Me I'm Not, Lights In The Sky, etc. I distinctly remember a video where a bunch of meatheads were laughing during one of the piano interludes, like "what the fuck is this shit"..
    i think you mean Sonisphere 2009 which was in the UK? I was there, yes it was weird. I’m sure my friend recorded a few songs actually

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I stumbled onto the "Hurt" NINwiki page, and found an image with the caption "Artwork for the Peter Murphy and Trent Reznor version" ... I'm unaware of this version, how can I find it??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I stumbled onto the "Hurt" NINwiki page, and found an image with the caption "Artwork for the Peter Murphy and Trent Reznor version" ... I'm unaware of this version, how can I find it??
    Bam http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060607radio.html

They did 4 little sets in total together including that one

http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060613radio.html
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060623radio.html
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060701radio.html

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ There was also a single released with "Hurt" on it, done in the studio, no audience — just the two of them.

http://itunes.apple.com/album/hurt/id338743396

Rob Sheridan took the cover photo in Chicago before the second and final Aragon Ballroom show in 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if there's a particular thread relating to gear. But does anyone know what particular guitar (and/or process) was used for things like the clean intro riff to Somewhat Damaged and around the 3:12 mark on And All That Could Have Been (song)? It sounds to me like a DI'd acoustic-electric. I heard someone say somewhere that it might have been acoustic pickups on an electric, though I'm not sure. It's just got that gorgeous clean, straight and sharp tone.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the short clip of Ilan Rubin rehearsing demon seed still exists anywhere?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Does anyone know if the short clip of Ilan Rubin rehearsing demon seed still exists anywhere?
    Last time I tried to find it, the original article with video was still online, but locked behind a paywall.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    We really should have ripped/saved that when it was available. The YouTube link it was originally at was

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Does anybody know why Twist turned into Ringfinger? I've always found Twist to be more enjoyable and actually heard it on the radio before I heard Ringfinger on PHM (I think my local rock station WMMS had a copy of Demos and Remixes as they would play Twist and Supernaut pretty regularly in 94/95)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    We really should have ripped/saved that when it was available. The YouTube link it was originally at was
    I don't like youtube being automatically integrated like that, can't see the link..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I don't like youtube being automatically integrated like that, can't see the link..
    You can right click and copy video URL.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what equipment (if any) was circuit bent on Year Zero?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    You can also click "Reply With Quote" to see the code. Also, if you're authoring the post, and don't want YouTube to auto-embed, deselect the option "Automatically parse links in text" and the URL will just be plain text.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ There was also a single released with "Hurt" on it, done in the studio, no audience — just the two of them.

http://itunes.apple.com/album/hurt/id338743396

Rob Sheridan took the cover photo in Chicago before the second and final Aragon Ballroom show in 2009.
    I must've somehow missed this release. It doesn't seem to be available anymore? I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have details about it, like performing Artist and duration?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I must've somehow missed this release. It doesn't seem to be available anymore? I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have details about it, like performing Artist and duration?
    Here's the Discogs entry: https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Murphy...elease/2078979

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Thanks. I do vaguely remember this now with the extra detail. I think I didn't get it because it was only credited to Peter Murphy. So, this is actually a duet with both Trent and Peter, even though Trent doesn't appear to be credited anywhere?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Trent plays the piano; I think he may have sung a bit of it, but it's mostly Murphy singing lead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just in the middle of burning some NIN CD's (FLAC replacing MP3) and my Closer To God CD Has the 'Further Away' Tracks on it instead. So it's clearly mislabled! Is this a common issue?
    Last edited by Reaps; 04-04-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did TR originally write Hurt on piano?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Just in the middle of burning some NIN CD's (FLAC replacing MP3) and my Closer To God CD Has the 'Further Away' Tracks on it instead. So it's clearly mislabled! Is this a common issue?
    The UK got two versions of Halo 9; Part 1: Further Away, and Part 2: Closer To God. The first part is the only NIN release titled "Further Away", so that's the one you have. The rest of the world got one version that was a combination of both UK releases, and has the cover art from the first one, and the name of the second one. So it's not mislabeled, you were probably just looking at the international tracklist online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i think you mean Sonisphere 2009 which was in the UK? I was there, yes it was weird. I’m sure my friend recorded a few songs actually
    It definitely wasnt a "chill" setlist, would have been nice if it was!

Wish, I Do Not Want This, The Wretched, not exactly chilled lol. What it was though was a setlist planned out to just piss people off. Was a bad show, Trent just seemed like he couldnt be bothered. He commented after on how he wanted to do something different because (and Im paraphasing here) because he didnt want to play in front of Metallica`s audience, though a huge amount of the audience were there to see NIN`s supposed last ever UK show. He got it wrong, to be honest, all he did was confuse a lot of his fans and just came across as a bit of a dick because he thought people weren`t there to see them, so he thought he`d self sabotage his own show.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Does anyone like the song Kinda I Want To?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I can pretend it's alright.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    God I love it.

PHM was my favourite NIN release for a long time, and the sheer danceability of tracks like KIWT was one of the reasons

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I do, especially the outtro.

I wish some of the deep cuts from PHM would get some more love live (Sin doesn't count, it never should have gone anywhere to begin with)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The lyrics leave a little something to be desired, but the music is kick-ass and I can get behind it still.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    The lyrics leave a little something to be desired, but the music is kick-ass and I can get behind it still.
    "now you know, this is what it feels like"

(to be a Marilyn Manson fan in 2019)