Page 1 of 215 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

ok, I need someone to confirm that I am in fact crazy. I could've sworn there was version of TDWWA that started off with the choir chanting quite loudly, before settling into the "quiet" version. Basically, the "quiet" mix, but with the chanting in the beginning, not just the noise. but I can't find this anywhere. Did I just completely imagine this?
    Last edited by heroicraptor; 07-10-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    just checked, the "Quiet" (3rd track on TDTWWA single) does begin with very prominent NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, same on WITT single :-|
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 02-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Okay, GOOD. I'm not nutso. But then what about this...?

Edit: Sweet jesus that embed is huge. Apologies

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone. Glad I wasn't inventing things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was going to point you to the Random NIN Questions thread, but apparently there wasn't one. Thanks.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You might want to merge this one too: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...th-Teeth-Demos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nah, there was a discussion going on there.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Random question:

Did Trent, or the "shady character" who happened to get his hands on all that LITS-era footage, ever address the fact that there was never anything released audio-wise except for the embedded MP3 tracks? From someone who offers all his work in just about every lossless format under the sun, it struck me as odd that a FLAC version of those shows never happened to mysteriously find their way onto the web. I'm not complaining; the mixes sound terrific. Just seems a little out of character, and I'm curious if there was a specific reason for it.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Random question:

Did Trent, or the "shady character" who happened to get his hands on all that LITS-era footage, ever address the fact that there was never anything released audio-wise except for the embedded MP3 tracks? From someone who offers all his work in just about every lossless format under the sun, it struck me as odd that a FLAC version of those shows never happened to mysteriously find their way onto the web. I'm not complaining; the mixes sound terrific. Just seems a little out of character, and I'm curious if there was a specific reason for it.
    From what I recall, all audio on The Gift footage was lossless... 16-bit uncompressed WAV at 48kHz if I'm not mistaken. MP3 audio is not something you'd want to embed in source material.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Huh. Did it never get ripped and shared in lossless? I seem to remember being puzzled about not being able to find anything higher than a 192kbps version. If you know of a link for something higher, I'd love to pick it up!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    TPB has audio from Victoria, Portland and Sacramento in FLAC, and they sound just fine

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wow. I have no idea how I missed that. Only one seeder listed for Portland though, and I can't seem to connect. I'll leave things running for a little while and see if my luck changes.

edit: derp, nevermind. There's a freakin' zip file of it on RITC. Why did I not look there first?
    Last edited by theimage13; 02-27-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    where is this guy who posted all these uber-technical descriptions to many of the TGWTDT-soundtrack songs? i cant even find his posts anymore. i need him

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    his username is Jon. i think he meant to compare CD and vinyl which isn't out yet. what other "uber-technical" info do you expect?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So... what's going on? HDTA this year? New NIN? Ghosts 5-8? Year Zero mini-tv-series? Wave Goodbye gift? Fragile 13th anniversary collection? Official Closure DVD? Question session with a bigillion useless questions about Tapeworm and Marilyn Manson?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    There will never be an official Closure DVD, until Interscope need money anyway. HTDA is a cert, it's finished so we only assume "soon". YZTV I doubt even piloting until 2013 though.

TF DE is due about 2046 though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes to all except Closure. It's blu-ray now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HEY GUYS! need your help- i was watching "the hand that feeds" video over and over all night and at ~1:49 in the video I noticed an odd man standing behind trent- PLEASE- help me find out who this guy is

thanks dudes

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Is the NIN|JA tour sampler available somewhere? I noticed I'm missing it from my collection.
    I'm looking for something other than torrents since I currently don't have access to any.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_Morehead View Post
    HEY GUYS! need your help- i was watching "the hand that feeds" video over and over all night and at ~1:49 in the video I noticed an odd man standing behind trent- PLEASE- help me find out who this guy is

thanks dudes
    random crew, friends etc (see rehearsal vids from byit)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is the NIN|JA tour sampler available somewhere?

http://seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm and scroll to the very bottom

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Is the NIN|JA tour sampler available somewhere?

http://seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm and scroll to the very bottom
    Wasn't the NINJA sampler only released as mp3s? How do FLAC/WAV versions exist?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Wasn't the NINJA sampler only released as mp3s? How do FLAC/WAV versions exist?
    It was released in all formats

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    And I thought I'd heard them all...

Interesting tidbit from the wikipedia page for "Head Like a Hole":

The title of the song comes from a sample of a Ministry concert in 1987, which Reznor recorded on a video tape camera and later used in the song's production.[2] The name of his project, Nine Inch Nails, which according to Reznor has no "literal meaning",[3] was also taken from the same tape, during a portion where Al Jourgensen compares Ministry to a man with a tall nail hammered into his head, creating a hole there:

"Listening to Ministry is like having a nine inch nail hammered into your head like a hole."

Any Ministry/NIN fans out there know anything about this?

I mean, it's wikipedia so...yeah.

Figured it's worth checking, though.

Argh. Fucking indentation.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Everywhere I see this, it cites a seemingly non-existant AP review of a Ministry gig. Methinks bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I downloaded the Closure torrent, anyone else have errors when trying to burn it using Toast? It seems to get an error right away and cant burn the disc. I've burned multiple other things using Toast, so i know its not the program... am i doing something wrong? I put the Video_TS folder into Toast and hit burn (on DL DVD) and it starts but immediatly pops up with an error. I'm sick of wasting DL DVDs, shoudl I redownload the torrent or something?

*EDIT*
    Well i tried burning again but this time not DL and it worked perfectly. No idea why, i thought it would be too bit (maybe compression?) but now i finally have Closure disc 1 back in my collection!
    Last edited by elementroejoy; 04-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i know ImgBurn gives a warning about none of the chapters matching the optimal layer break position but it played fine afterward

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    *EDIT*
    Well i tried burning again but this time not DL and it worked perfectly. No idea why, i thought it would be too bit (maybe compression?) but now i finally have Closure disc 1 back in my collection!
    If that's the case, then it's most likely either an issue with your DL media, or your burner.

I burned these successfully to DL media using Toast.