Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,360 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    About the song Sunspots, there's the line: I want to kill away the rest of what's left and I do yes I do.

that final part makes me question: and I do what? it seems like he wants to add something, but forgets, something's missing, anybody can figure that out?
    He do kill away. He want to and he do.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I got the TVT Records NMS 10 Sampler tape today. I can confirm that Down In It is the same as the album version.

Head Like A Hole is a noticeably different mix of the album version and overall longer. It corresponds with no other mix I have heard before. The differences I heard are:
    -The main snare sound is pitched lower than the album version or just a different sample altogether.
    -The snare part is slightly different during parts of the song.
    -The breakdown after the second chorus is longer and totally different sounding, less instrumentation but with a more prominent synth percussion part panning left and right.
    -The last chorus and "Bow down before the one you serve" outro are both longer, which is why this is nearly 1 minute longer along with that longer breakdown.

This mix is credited to Keith LeBlanc, who is not credited for the mix on the album version of HLAH, and only for the Clay mix on the HLAH single.

I was able to get a recording so I could compare to the album version, but my tape deck is acting up and running slightly slower than it should be (I was able to correct it in Adobe Audition but that's less than ideal). I need to get a new tape deck so I can make a better transfer, or I could get with Ryan @ninlive and get him to do the transfer. Either way, I'd like to share this mix with folks, just want to get a good transfer of it first.
    To update... I just finished the transfers and have sent them over to trollmanen. 24/96 FLAC. Very cool to hear the different version of Head Like A Hole. I am usually not one to get excited about stuff like that. But it was definitely an "early" mix or another version they were playing around with before the album release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hate having to bring this up, but the Reddit and Facebook communities (even the good, non-cesspool ones) are relentless with trying to shitpost the red robe picture. Trent said that he doesn't like seeing this photo and would prefer it not be posted because it was one of the worst nights of his life, yes? Does anyone have a source for this? Most people have the decency to take it down once one of the veteran fans comes in and scolds, but some ask for more detail and I don't know what to tell them.

I tried to search Reddit, but the people over there are more concerned about WhAt YeAr IsThIs FrOm? over the moral compass of posting the pic.
    Last edited by 2020k; 03-20-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    okay i gotta ask; when talking about nine inch nails in verbal conversation, do you every abbreviate it to 'nin', and if so, how do you say it? i say it as if it's a word, like sin, while i've heard others say the letters aloud, as in 'N-I-N'.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I sometimes say I'm going "Ninning" when talking about upcoming shows etc, but only with people I trust/people with which I am comfortable knowing they are gonna light me up for saying stupid shit like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzomilione View Post
    okay i gotta ask; when talking about nine inch nails in verbal conversation, do you every abbreviate it to 'nin', and if so, how do you say it? i say it as if it's a word, like sin, while i've heard others say the letters aloud, as in 'N-I-N'.
    Most of the time I just say "Nine Inch Nails" but will occasionally just say "NIN" which, like you said, rhymes with sin.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    When I talk about music, most people have never heard of Nine Inch Nails.
    Once they have, none of them care.

So there's no point in wondering about that as far as I'm concerned !

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    When I talk about music, most people have never heard of Nine Inch Nails.
    Once they have, none of them care.

So there's no point in wondering about that as far as I'm concerned !
    That's insane, Mr. Jean Michel Kilohertz Le Fleur.

Here, in small town TEXAS, of all places, EVERYONE knows NIN. You can get an NIN shirt at discount Wal-Mart style spots.
    Hell. My fucking PREACHER digs some NIN.

I know I need to get over it, but it frustrates me a LITTLE, having fallen in love with The Nine Inch Ns in 1992, at age twelve.

Idk. I say N-I-N quite a bit, these days. I used to say "Nails," but now, there's a band called Nails.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I always just say Nine Inch Nails. Saying N-I-N takes just as long, since they're both three syllables.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I always just say Nine Inch Nails. Saying N-I-N takes just as long, since they're both three syllables.
    True. For some reason, me, the wife, and my mom have said N-I-N for some years, though.

It isn't just about time. Saying IneyeIn is just a LITTLE bit easier that saying Ni-NE inCH nailS...note the wounds (edit: lol, SkOUNDS). I've highlighted.

Also, holy shit: IneyeIn is a damn fine band name, just waiting to be taken.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-06-2023 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I sometimes say I'm going "Ninning" when talking about upcoming shows etc, but only with people I trust/people with which I am comfortable knowing they are gonna light me up for saying stupid shit like that.
    only gonna call listening to nin "ninning it" from now on

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I used to say "Nails," but now, there's a band called Nails.
    yeah and they will rip you limb from limb. Maybe the most abrasive band out there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has anyone recently purchased a regular CD version of The Downward Spiral, only to discover the colors of the photos in the booklet are nothing like they were originally? I'm hoping it's just a matter of there being a brief printer malfunction or ink imbalance. I'd like to purchase yet another new copy, and I'm hoping there's not an ongoing decline in print quality.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Has anyone recently purchased a regular CD version of The Downward Spiral, only to discover the colors of the photos in the booklet are nothing like they were originally? I'm hoping it's just a matter of there being a brief printer malfunction or ink imbalance. I'd like to purchase yet another new copy, and I'm hoping there's not an ongoing decline in print quality.
    do you mean some pages with mostly blue/purple and lack of yellow? EU Island CID8012? i've seen that too, but it wasn't a recent purchase, it was like my first legit TDS CD >15 years ago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "I hate having to bring this up, but the Reddit and Facebook communities (even the good, non-cesspool ones) are relentless with trying to shitpost the red robe picture. Trent said that he doesn't like seeing this photo and would prefer it not be posted because it was one of the worst nights of his life, yes? Does anyone have a source for this? Most people have the decency to take it down once one of the veteran fans comes in and scolds, but some ask for more detail and I don't know what to tell them.

I tried to search Reddit, but the people over there are more concerned about WhAt YeAr IsThIs FrOm? over the moral compass of posting the pic."

Agreed. I resent that people do that, with a burning passion. It's like: "How would you feel if someone circulated a picture that you didn't like, or devalued you?"

I know revenge is saccharine sweet, but part of me (the evil bitch side) would just love to get even with these dipshits.

*But due to the ethics of it, I'm not going to act on this desire.
    Last edited by DiagnoseMeHarder; 04-14-2023 at 01:23 AM. Reason: I wanted to include what I was responding to, so that my response was coherent.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    do you mean some pages with mostly blue/purple and lack of yellow? EU Island CID8012? i've seen that too, but it wasn't a recent purchase, it was like my first legit TDS CD >15 years ago
    Yep. CID 8012 / 522 126-2. Mostly blue/purple. Only two photos look as they should.... the one on page two, and the one before the back cover.
    I can't imagine the new copy I bought two weeks ago was from the same batch you bought 15 years ago, but I don't know how many printings are produced at once, and how frequently they need to print more. Maybe my new copy was sitting in a warehouse for many years.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiagnoseMeHarder View Post
    Ugh, I still wanna whip out a can of whoop ass on Manson for the shitty things he said about Trent.
    Meh, that's honestly the least of my concerns (although nowadays "concern" is really stretching it) when it comes to Manson. Not to revive some heated topic here, but their beef is theirs to deal with. I'm not going to go into unnecessary details but I'm pretty sure back then Reznor could be a huge pickled dick as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    1. Either Manson himself (most likely) or Robert Hales who co-directed the video with Manson.

2. The objective was to tell a story in a unique way and expand on the world of the album. The performance ended with a SWAT team because it was at a revolutionary meeting against a fascist government. The participants went home and had a cool story. There are write-ups out there from people who went detailing what it was like and what happened after.

3-4. no.

5. I believe that TR has actually spoken about this before, but I'm not going to go through interviews trying to find it. The answer is different for everyone, and even some successful artists never overcome it.

6-12. no.

14. Of course. He's spoken about this in the past too, and has considered retiring NIN multiple times as part of it. Said he didn't want to still be doing it when he's old and only old people are going to the shows. Fears becoming a "legacy act".

15-16. no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anybody have a list of all full proshot NIN shows? I've got a hankering for live NIN but I've watched BYIT, AATCHB and Woodstock about a million times each. lol

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    Does anybody have a list of all full proshot NIN shows? I've got a hankering for live NIN but I've watched BYIT, AATCHB and Woodstock about a million times each. lol
    This might be a starting point: https://www.google.com/search?q=site...+-+pro%22#ip=1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember an interview with Trent around the release of The Slip where he mentions the recording process and name checks Devo? A quick Google search didn't find anything, but I remember that specifically, and someone on Reddit also mentioned it. Looking for that interview.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was there ever a soundboard recording of NIN playing Banged and Blown Through without Saul? I remember one existing but I can't seem to find it after a quick YouTube search.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Was there ever a soundboard recording of NIN playing Banged and Blown Through without Saul? I remember one existing but I can't seem to find it after a quick YouTube search.
    Nope.

Apparently a recording exists somewhere, but it's not in circulation (Source #2 from here: https://ninlive.com/shows/2009/20090828.html)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All right thanks

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Does anyone remember an interview with Trent around the release of The Slip where he mentions the recording process and name checks Devo? A quick Google search didn't find anything, but I remember that specifically, and someone on Reddit also mentioned it. Looking for that interview.
    I can't find it either but I distinctly remember the quote being that he wanted it to sound like "the garage Devo rehearsed in". Mission accomplished!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah there was a Rob Sheridan video with that and Survivalism. Not sure if it’s still up but it def exists

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Yeah there was a Rob Sheridan video with that and Survivalism. Not sure if it’s still up but it def exists
    Saul is actually on the videos. As far as soundboard stuff goes, a quick glance at NIN Live shows an ALD recording from when they played Bonnaroo, but other than that, nothing else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Saul is actually on the videos. As far as soundboard stuff goes, a quick glance at NIN Live shows an ALD recording from when they played Bonnaroo, but other than that, nothing else.
    I’d like to facepalm myself for missing that important element, sorry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is The Hand That Feeds DFA Mix single on iTunes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    is the NIN discord any good?