Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203
Results 6,061 to 6,082 of 6082

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hey guys, not sure what's the right thread for this, so let it be this one for now.

I've got a little request.

As you maybe know, I'm working on multicam edits of Palladium 2018 shows. Most of these shows have IEM-quality audio recording available on NIN Live Archive, and I intend to use those.
    For the show #1 (Dec 7th) IEM audio has a clicktrack that was not removed. As @ninlive explained in the comments for the recording, it's a very tedious task which requires manual removal of thousands of clicks throughout the show, and I totally understand.

However! I've listened to this recording a couple of times recently and honestly it's not that bad. The click is not distracting for most of the songs as they are usually loud enough to bury it deep in the mix. The only songs where it's really annoying are the quiet ones at the end: Home, AATCHB and Hurt.

So my request is this: if anyone can try and clean just these three songs for me, I'd really appreciate it. It would improve the final cut tremendously.

https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181207.html
    I have another audio editing project due at the end of this week, but I could take a look next weekend and see what's possible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Any idea what song this corresponds to? Maybe a FYC version of a soundtrack song?

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace...rkID/906216700
    Probably from "Waves". There's an abortion clinic featured in the movie.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can anyone hook me up with the mp3 or AAC files for the audiophile version of Hesitation Marks? I have them, but somehow they got corrupted (when a song finishes, the last 15 seconds of the song replay. It also happened to an official Pearl Jam bootleg I had, really weird). I bought the Deluxe version of HM back in the day. Mods: if this is not an OK request feel free to delete this, not trying to break any rules here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I can't seem to find this on the NINcatalog or NINwiki site, but I'm wondering how many different Giclée prints for the Ghosts Ultra Deluxe there are. All came with the print of the front cover image, but the other one was one of a random set, maybe 5 or 6 different images. It would be cool to catalog all those somewhere.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I can't seem to find this on the NINcatalog or NINwiki site, but I'm wondering how many different Giclée prints for the Ghosts Ultra Deluxe there are. All came with the print of the front cover image, but the other one was one of a random set, maybe 5 or 6 different images. It would be cool to catalog all those somewhere.
    Everyone got the desert sand ridge. Here are the ones I recall or could quickly find for the 2nd. I wanted the shoreline or bubbly waves but got parking lot lamp

Last edited by ekrekel; 11-01-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Everyone got the desert sand ridge. Here are the ones I recall or could quickly find for the 2nd. I wanted the shoreline or bubbly waves but got parking lot lamp
    There's another one which wasn't an image associated with any specific track, but is a version of the image that's split across the centre pages of the booklet (so, not in the pdf either). This is what that looks like:

But the giclée is in colour - those shrubs are yellow, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't been on here for the better part of a year. I've never seen this before! But the one I was looking for is (I'm fairly certain), Trent on the left and Jack on the right, both looking to their left. The picture showed their torsos up, I believe

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I was cataloging them back in 2008 at www.nin-au.com but even checking www.archive.org, nothing is coming up/loading for me. Unless someone else can do some better detective work?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nice. I got the bottom right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    There's another one which wasn't an image associated with any specific track, but is a version of the image that's split across the centre pages of the booklet (so, not in the pdf either).

I seem to remember this one, would love to see a picture of the actual print.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I didn't feel like digging mine out but i remembered taking photos and showcasing it on youtube. So i took a screenshot of the one that i got with my ultra deluxe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    ...... i took a screenshot of the one that i got with my ultra deluxe.
    Thanks I added it to the list above @Tom I couldn't find yours does any of the pictures on the discogs listing ring a bell?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Found it! I really like this one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Dug mine out as I couldn't remember what mine was.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Now this image isn't found anywhere else in the Ghosts artwork, to my knowledge. Really cool!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Wow! This one is stunning. I was pretty satisfied with my bubbly ocean one til I saw this!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Found it! I really like this one.

Man, that's my new favorite.

As Tom suggested to kick off this topic, does someone better versed in wiki want to capture the images from my previous post?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Would it be a good idea to also capture the serial numbers to see if there are any patterns to image in the Giclée print?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I checked mine this evening, I got the bubbly waves. sn 571/2500.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmmm, what Trent says in the I'm Afraid of Americans video @ 3:49 which is now so clearly seen with this 4k release?..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Truly the most random of questions, but had these thoughts recently...

Is there a reason most, if not the vast majority of sets start with a song where Trent isn't playing guitar?

And why when Ilan joined the band did the stage set up switch from drums being on stage left (Josh/Jerome) to stage right? And stay that way?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Truly the most random of questions, but had these thoughts recently...

Is there a reason most, if not the vast majority of sets start with a song where Trent isn't playing guitar?

And why when Ilan joined the band did the stage set up switch from drums being on stage left (Josh/Jerome) to stage right? And stay that way?
    Food for thought, how many albums start with more than 1 guitar?

For the positioning of the drums. I'll throw out there the flexible use of some of the different members. JMJ and Jeorie (I think) played double duty at times getting some time on other instruments, since that role is now Illan's moving the drums makes it easier to give him room for the 37 instruments he's able to use on any given night.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post

1) Definitely not the vast majority (if majority at all), at least since Fragility tour.

1st songs of the set with TR on guitar:
    - Somewhat Damaged (Fragility era only),
    - HLAH (Big Day Out/Fragility Euro festivals/a few occasional gigs later on like Voodoo 05 and one of final Wave Goodbye's)
    - Wish (pretty often since WT era)
    - Love Is not Enough (2005-2007)
    - Copy of A (TR played guitar on 2013 Festivals and 2014 North American tour) - this song actually had like 6 or 7 different live configurations since its debut
    - Terrible Lie (Wave Goodbye/CABAI) - but only if you don't count Now I'm Nothing as a full song (no TR guitar on that)

2) No idea really. Someone should ask him next time he's doing AMA on instagram or something. Worth mentioning that he relocated briefly to the right side again for 2014 tour, when Ally moved to front row left. Probably has to do with stage/lights/gear logistics. IIRC he plays in the middle right behind the singer with AVA