Page 144 of 201 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 6011

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #4291
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have always wondered what Trent did with the mic on Closer during the Woodstock concert. It sounds so weird on the I want to fuck you like an animal, I want to feel you from the inside part.

  2. #4292
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some super cool sounding distortion effect?

    That always stood out to me, also. Seems it kicked in during the first few secs of MOTP, too.

  3. #4293
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    I have always wondered what Trent did with the mic on Closer during the Woodstock concert.
    That wouldn't have been Trent, that would've been their sound engineer Sean Beavan - more info on what he did live: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep1...racks-0912.htm
    Most likely would use a distortion pedal. It sounds awful though.

  4. #4294
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Awfully AWESOME, you mean!

    Sorry, I just always loved it and thought it was supercool. But, yeah...he didn't have his fancy micstand/controller yet. I'm sure it was still his call, but he wasn't actually doing it himself.

    Can we just revisit for a second his omnidirectional-mic-swirling-around-an-amp awesomeness from "Closer/The Only Time" back in the day? Because THAT shit was TOTALLY him and epic as fuck.

    \m/

  5. #4295
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,083
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Nah, I agree, it sounds like he's articulating way too wide, way too close to the mic. Which is funny when Bill Hicks does it, but I agree it suddenly sounds like shit there. AY WOAHNNA FAWKH YOO LAKH ENH ANEHMAWL, no, I can't. Different strokes though.

  6. #4296
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    527
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, last year I think the day Apple Music was announced, there was a tweet or picture showing Trent wearing an Apple Watch on a plane with some quote about respect the thunder or something. I can't find it, anybody know why I'm talking about?

  7. #4297
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    So, last year I think the day Apple Music was announced, there was a tweet or picture showing Trent wearing an Apple Watch on a plane with some quote about respect the thunder or something. I can't find it, anybody know why I'm talking about?
    I think you mean this one, and you have an active imagination.

  8. #4298
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,083
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Wait, zoom in on that reflection in the background... 4th quadrant left, rotate 387 degrees... Flip horizontally and switch the camera to infrared... Feed the XML file through the 3D VPN accelerator... Enhance... Enhance... More ?

    Ah drat, that's a ringfinger.

  9. #4299
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    can I do the AATCHB ester eggs using a ps4 controller?

  10. #4300
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    527
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think you mean this one, and you have an active imagination.
    No, it's not that one.

  11. #4301
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    527
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/3XmL98BA...n-by=badassboz

    I was a little off, but finally stumbled upon it.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 05-04-2016 at 01:52 PM.

  12. #4302
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,404
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Any one ever heard that NIN style 90s Gatorade commercial?

  13. #4303
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    halfway down the page its discussed.

    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...plazm94a.shtml

  14. #4304
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,404
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    halfway down the page its discussed.

    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...plazm94a.shtml
    Right. I am familiar with that interview. I was asking if anyone here has actually ever heard it.

  15. #4305
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    What ever happened to Leo Herrera after 2009?
    Did he stop working for Trent?

  16. #4306
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,504
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is there a gif out there of TR ejaculating water onto Danny Lohner at the end of Closer from AATCHB?

  17. #4307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,579
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Is there a gif out there of TR ejaculating water onto Danny Lohner at the end of Closer from AATCHB?
    There is now.



  18. #4308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today I was re-watching the Beside You In Time-DVD, feeling a very special longing for the good old days. Thing is, music like NIN never seems to be played at places where I end up hanging out.

    I live in Berlin now since 4 years... and I've been wondering: Is there a meetup tread for Berlins NIN-enthusiasts? Are there bars I should check out? Are there DJs that play NIN, and if so, where can I find them? Any pointers would be appreciated.

  19. #4309
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    What ever happened to Leo Herrera after 2009?
    Did he stop working for Trent?
    Clearly the fusion became complete and he climbed his way into Trent Reznor's skin, every motion and every syllable from his mouth a mimicry of what we once knew. Leo has become him, just as he will become all of us, in time.

  20. #4310
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Clearly the fusion became complete and he climbed his way into Trent Reznor's skin, every motion and every syllable from his mouth a mimicry of what we once knew. Leo has become him, just as he will become all of us, in time.
    So Home was written from the perspective of Leo, it all makes sense now!

    And I am still inside you...

  21. #4311
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,986
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    @Ryan
    #Leo #Australia


  22. #4312
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mostly the UK
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Today I was re-watching the Beside You In Time-DVD, feeling a very special longing for the good old days. Thing is, music like NIN never seems to be played at places where I end up hanging out.
    Sorry for the quote, as I have no relevant answers, but this part of your post reminded me of something.

    Would anyone be up for an ETS/NIN chatroom on CyTube?

    Getting together there occasionally, streaming NIN videos (tons of Meathead stuff, preferably) and other music while shooting the shhhtuff. I mean basically what we do anyway, just in a bit more old school chatty instead of forum-y way, I guess. Could be fun.

  23. #4313
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,712
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I'm wanting to get my nephew a NIN shirt. He's 1 and wears 12-18T. My google searches have returned not so great results. Anyone know a good place? Thanks.

  24. #4314
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,381
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I'm wanting to get my nephew a NIN shirt. He's 1 and wears 12-18T. My google searches have returned not so great results. Anyone know a good place? Thanks.
    hot topic used to have one if i remember correctly but i'm not 100% sure.

  25. #4315
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    527
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I'm wanting to get my nephew a NIN shirt. He's 1 and wears 12-18T. My google searches have returned not so great results. Anyone know a good place? Thanks.
    Etsy was the only place I was able to find one for my daughter.

  26. #4316
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone still have those songs by Mark Nicholas Onofrio, the tool who sued Trent in the 90s? Someone posted them on YouTube a while ago, but they have since been taken down. I didn't get a chance to hear them.

    Post about it
    https://m.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/a1zba/the_demos_that_trent_reznor_supposedly_ripped_off/

  27. #4317
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Terri King's closet.
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MicheaelElizabeth View Post
    Does anyone still have those songs by Mark Nicholas Onofrio, the tool who sued Trent in the 90s? Someone posted them on YouTube a while ago, but they have since been taken down. I didn't get a chance to hear them.

    Post about it
    https://m.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/a1zba/the_demos_that_trent_reznor_supposedly_ripped_off/
    http://nindestruct.com
    Under misc. section

  28. #4318
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    http://nindestruct.com
    Under misc. section
    Are these extended versions legit? I don't see them mentioned on ninwiki -

    http://nindestruct.com

    Closer to God - Extended version exclusive to promo-only vinyl release:Download flac

    Heresy (Blind) - Extended version exclusive to promo-only vinyl release:Download flac

  29. #4319
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Are these extended versions legit? I don't see them mentioned on ninwiki -

    http://nindestruct.com

    Closer to God - Extended version exclusive to promo-only vinyl release:Download flac

    Heresy (Blind) - Extended version exclusive to promo-only vinyl release:Download flac
    I ripped them from my copy of http://nincatalog.com/closer-to-god/...s-vinyl12-347/

    Here's better shots of the labels:

    http://i.imgur.com/WTtaLjC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/EwYTi17.jpg

  30. #4320
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post

    Are the extended parts noticeable? Interesting how I've never seen them mentioned anywhere else before.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions