Page 199 of 215 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Are there any photos or videos out there of the making of the “Only” music video? It ended up in my YouTube feed today and it renewed my interest in how this video was done. I remember being blown away by that video when it first came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Are there any photos or videos out there of the making of the “Only” music video? It ended up in my YouTube feed today and it renewed my interest in how this video was done. I remember being blown away by that video when it first came out.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Thank youuuuuuu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm listening to the 5.1 versions of TDS and With Teeth and god damn I wish The Fragile had its 5.1 mix released... up to You Know What You Are and it sounds like an assault from all directions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty Hate Machine and Broken created The Downward Spiral?

Agree? Disagree? Fight Me (?!)

Nine Inch Nails’ debut album Pretty Hate Machine is now 31 years old – it’s legacy continues still…READ MORE

https://adamsteiner.uk/2020/10/21/how-pretty-hate-machine-and-broken-created-the-downward-spiral/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN –Downward Spiral Book View Post
    Pretty Hate Machine and Broken created The Downward Spiral?

Agree? Disagree? Fight Me (?!)

...What?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    According the lyrics of With Teeth on the ninwiki one of the lines is “she is the greatest lie of all” but I swear to god I’ve never heard that line in the song and I’ve been a fan since 2009ish. Is this a case of Trent putting in lyrics that aren’t actually in the song again or am I a horrible deaf fan lol

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    According the lyrics of With Teeth on the ninwiki one of the lines is “she is the greatest lie of all” but I swear to god I’ve never heard that line in the song and I’ve been a fan since 2009ish. Is this a case of Trent putting in lyrics that aren’t actually in the song again or am I a horrible deaf fan lol
    Thanks for catching that unrecorded lyric bit. I've fixed it on the wiki.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Thanks for catching that unrecorded lyric bit. I've fixed it on the wiki.
    no problem glad to know I’m not deaf and it’s definitely not in the song

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just found this in Trent’s Wikipedia article, weirdly formatted too:

“In 2016, Reznor also worked with and mentored Synthwave artist, (J.Rubin).”

Cannot find this info anywhere else and can’t even find the artist... is it Wikifuckery or legit?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    is it Wikifuckery
    Obviously. No source/reference link = false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely Random question, have no idea if it's been asked already but who made the cover art for HTDA (EP)? The one with the mountains, building, red circle, skull and whatever variants of it since it's multiple images. Thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome! Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Weird question: Back in 2009, the NIN website was updated daily with photos of a location where the band were on tour that date (presumably taken by Rob Sheridan). Does anyone have an archive of these, or know of one?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^^ I know that at the time, there was either a Blogspot or a Wordpress blog (fan-run) that archived the photos as they were posted... I can't recall the URL offhand, or whether it's even still around, but I'll go looking.

EDIT: I was thinking of ninblogs.wordpress.com, which has since been made private, unfortunately. Unsurprisingly, Wayback hasn't archived the images themselves
    Last edited by Endlessly; 03-12-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anybody know how TR got the piano sound on La Mer and Adrift And At Peace? Slightly out of tune but it's more so the really muted tone like the piano is broken that I'm most interested in learning more about. It's the perfect sound to fit the ocean vibe these songs have. Always been curious but have never figured it out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm interested too. I am assuming you are talking not about the first piano that softly begins the song, but the second one that is a little more odd in its sound and tuning and timing?

It sounds very percussive and resonant, and kind of plucky. I feel like I can really hear the strings of the piano in it. I'm still learning about music but I wonder if maybe they put a mic on the strings as well? It's such a unique sound. And the reverb on it... both piano sounds really create such a sense of space. They put you in a particular place and give you a certain feeling.

We should all be having more discussions like this! There is so much to chew on in his material.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Weird question: Back in 2009, the NIN website was updated daily with photos of a location where the band were on tour that date (presumably taken by Rob Sheridan). Does anyone have an archive of these, or know of one?
    I archived each webpage html in completeness. I never got around to editing all of the html files, but here's all of the photoblog pics... https://mega.nz/folder/0NYHBACK#uTju20jasII5m5X-xfSDcA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Am I misremembering or did TR have a spat with the band Death from Above? They have turned up in the music threads and I have been racking my brains trying to remember what happened. Searching google just seems to come up with some generic tour PR pieces where they were supposed to be support, but I thought it was one of those where they pulled out because of 'indie cred' or something?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Am I misremembering or did TR have a spat with the band Death from Above? They have turned up in the music threads and I have been racking my brains trying to remember what happened. Searching google just seems to come up with some generic tour PR pieces where they were supposed to be support, but I thought it was one of those where they pulled out because of 'indie cred' or something?
    I remember some band’s equipment falling on NIN’s stuff in Europe or something like that but have no idea which band it was. I remember TR being pretty pissed about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I remember some band’s equipment falling on NIN’s stuff in Europe or something like that but have no idea which band it was. I remember TR being pretty pissed about it.
    It was Die toten Hosen. To quote Meathead:
    "And the award for Most Pathetic and One-Sided Artistic Feud Ever goes to: Nine Inch Nails and Die Toten Hosen (The Dead Pants). NIN says Die Toten Hosen's crew broke their guitars with their Stonehenge backdrop (insert painfully obvious Spinal Tap reference here). Die Toten Hosen fired back by calling Trent and Co. "American-style pussies" and a few other things that basically translate to "thanks for mentioning us and boosting our record sales this week to 10". But what actually happened is, nobody gives a shit. Fortunately, everything else about NIN's visit to Germany went very smoothly and didn't suck balls at all, and they eagerly anticipate returning to play some more shows in front of a bunch of pissed off Rammstein fans. Whoops, sorry, I mean Ramms+ein. THIS IS THE PART OF THE SHOW WHERE WE DANCE."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I do remember TR making some diss remark on them, but can't find a source either.
    It was something along the lines of when he was asked "which <recent support> band you'd like to work with again in the future?" (interview? Spiral chat? m&g?), his answer was "definitely NOT Shit From Above 1979" or smth like that.
    I hope I'm not making this up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I recently picked up the new vinyl editions of Broken and With Teeth, and i absolutely love the supplemental essays that came with each. Do all of the vinyl releases come with extra material?

And on that note, i hope the YZ rerelease comes with a comprehensive history of the ARG

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I do remember TR making some diss remark on them, but can't find a source either.
    It was something along the lines of when he was asked "which <recent support> band you'd like to work with again in the future?" (interview? Spiral chat? m&g?), his answer was "definitely NOT Shit From Above 1979" or smth like that.
    I hope I'm not making this up.
    Yes I read that but I also read something where I think they were to and fro as to whether to do it or not, clearly a bit like it would ruin their indie cred, Death Grips style, but it all seems to have been wiped from the internet!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    OK, it was actually much less dramatic than my recollection: http://www.nin-pages.de/chat_spiral_15_11_2005.htm

jadezuki: You've mentioned that the next tour will probably be a two-band bill. Who is your ideal choice for the second band?
    trent_reznor> Not sure yet. Someone that I like, respect and could imagine hanging out with. Probably not DFA1979.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I recently picked up the new vinyl editions of Broken and With Teeth, and i absolutely love the supplemental essays that came with each. Do all of the vinyl releases come with extra material?

And on that note, i hope the YZ rerelease comes with a comprehensive history of the ARG
    all of the definitive editions (broken, TDS, the fragile, & with teeth) so far have. the quake score also came with a book.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    all of the definitive editions (broken, TDS, the fragile, & with teeth) so far have. the quake score also came with a book.
    There's one with The Social Network reissue, too... alas, the Quake one was only supplied digitally.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    There's one with The Social Network reissue, too... alas, the Quake one was only supplied digitally.
    ah, yes. thank you for catching me on that!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I think it was Biffy Clyro, if my memory can be trusted? Or maybe I'm thinking of another one of Trent's bad European experiences lol.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 03-28-2021 at 12:25 PM.