Page 175 of 215 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If someone's been out of the loop for a while, or away from social media, the NIN Hotline has been essential for catching up on all the stuff they've missed. I don't know of anything else out there catering for that need at the moment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sorry if this has been asked before, i will ask again since this thread is now 176 pages... are there flac versions of l'oiseau and option 30 floating around?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quite recently I ran across a quote posted somewhere in EITS in which Trent stated what the bit rate and sample depth combination (32 bit/48k, 32 bit/96k?) is that he chooses to record with. If my memory serves me correctly the quote was brought up in a discussion regarding the Fragile Deviations release.

Is anybody familiar with this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Quite recently I ran across a quote posted somewhere in EITS in which Trent stated what the bit rate and sample depth combination (32 bit/48k, 32 bit/96k?) is that he chooses to record with. If my memory serves me correctly the quote was brought up in a discussion regarding the Fragile Deviations release.

I don't remember that quote specifically, but Reznor started recording at 48k around Welcome oblivion because he said he believed that it sounded better that way. He never really clarified how it sounded better, but he's recorded that way ever since.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post

Included entire post, underlining added by me:

Quote Originally Posted by teitan View Post
    A couple things:
    First off, sincere apologies for any problems you've encountered with the store. As you know, we care about the details and this was certainly NOT acceptable (and fucking infuriating on my end, too). Changes are being made and again... we are sorry about this.

Meanwhile, a few answers on other topics.

NTAE was recorded at 24/48 (which is what we currently use for everything for a variety of reasons), hence the highest version
    that exists is the same.

The DE versions are at 24/96 because: we re-assembled the records from the original mix sources (some were analog 1/2", some were DAT, some were PT sessions) and our mastering engineer processed them in the analog world and recorded them back to digital at the higher resolution.
    Keep in mind the digital downloads of the DE versions are what we are making the vinyl from - they are the vinyl configurations which in some cases differ from the CD.

When a track from Deviations says (Instrumental), that's because at some point that track had vocals on it. Those could be finished, a demo or just an outline.

Get off the internet and engage with live humans (or pets) - it's Xmas eve!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any thoughts or predictions on the next future releases or whats next for Trent/Atticus after Bad Witch?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    Any thoughts or predictions on the next future releases or whats next for Trent/Atticus after Bad Witch?
    I'm going to guess that they'll be doing more score work as well as doing more interesting one-off projects.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    David Fincher is directing a zombie film sequel isn’t he? World War Z. I really hope they continue their Fincher run

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    David Fincher is directing a zombie film sequel isn’t he? World War Z. I really hope they continue their Fincher run
    As much as I like Fincher, I'd be okay if the guys sat this one out. I wouldn't mind if Fincher sat it out either. The first movie was a generic action movie, and even if the sequel is good, it's tainted by the fact that it's a sequel to a not very good movie.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    David Fincher is directing a zombie film sequel isn’t he? World War Z.
    Maybe, maybe not. Last I heard, they're having trouble getting it off the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if Fincher left the project in the near future. Either way, as much as I'm exhausted with the zombie sub-genre, I would definitely watch it if Fincher directed it and Trent & Atticus scored it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Last I heard, they're having trouble getting it off the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if Fincher left the project in the near future. Either way, as much as I'm exhausted with the zombie sub-genre, I would definitely watch it if Fincher directed it and Trent & Atticus scored it.
    It would be the first time they have tackled straight up horror together, I’m excited by it (well unless you count the Halloween cover, but that’s a cover and it’s whetted my appetite for a horror score from them)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I've been obsessed with NIN for 26 years. Is there something wrong with me?
    You're 26 years on your way to hell.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Now in the most literal sense, when you think of
    nine inch nails
    , do you think of:

Or

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Now in the most literal sense, when you think of , do you think of:

Or

I think of the nails you hammer, not fingernails.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I concur

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I've always thought of nails that you hammer @Bachy .
    but fairly recently, I read an article or something somewhere wherein the writer said he thought it was referring to fingernails: like long, sharp fingernails that a woman could use to slice you.

I DON'T think that's the intent but I like the idea.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yo, am I going crazy? I could swear just a couple of weeks ago this Dear World shirt had the "I can hardly recognize you" text printed backwards/mirrored, making the design about 500% cooler. At least on the UK store. Now I'm ready to buy and... Jesus.

Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about. It couldn't have been a dream, could it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I've always thought of nails that you hammer @Bachy .
    but fairly recently, I read an article or something somewhere wherein the writer said he thought it was referring to fingernails: like long, sharp fingernails that a woman could use to slice you.

I DON'T think that's the intent but I like the idea.
    Unfortunately Celebrity Deathmatch ruined this topic for me at a young age.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    There are some Instagram accounts that post random daily pictures, so my question is who is the guy in this pic with TR.?

https://instagram.com/p/BkIgb-rlrrG/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There are some Instagram accounts that post random daily pictures, so my question is who is the guy in this pic with TR.?

https://instagram.com/p/BkIgb-rlrrG/
    Apparently it's just some guy who has met a lot of celebrities. Here's his original post:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg4G0V1hL7A/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Apparently it's just some guy who has met a lot of celebrities. Here's his original post:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg4G0V1hL7A/
    oh thanks, I thought it might be evidence of some new project, it looks quite recent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to be at the Meltdown show in a few hours and it just struck me... I have no idea who's in the band these days. Is it still Alessandro, Ilan and Robin?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I'm going to be at the Meltdown show in a few hours and it just struck me... I have no idea who's in the band these days. Is it still Alessandro, Ilan and Robin?
    Yes. Trent, Atticus, Alessandro, Ilan and Robin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if Josh or Pino were still on the scene these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if Josh or Pino were still on the scene these days.
    They both left at the end of the Tension tour.

I always felt bad for Josh, first he switches to bass when Eric Avery dropped out, then he switches back to guitar/keys/misc when Pino joins, & then gets dumped before the next leg.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post

I always felt bad for Josh, first he switches to bass when Eric Avery dropped out, then he switches back to guitar/keys/misc when Pino joins, & then gets dumped before the next leg.
    the thing that makes me the saddest is that he posted something on the TTA site about hoping he'd be in the band forever when he got the gig

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the thing that makes me the saddest is that he posted something on the TTA site about hoping he'd be in the band forever when he got the gig
    Damn. I thought he'd still be around for these shows. Was pretty bummed not to see him up there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Why can't I buy this as a poster? I wish there was a high res image of it at least.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I saw on reddit when this MJK thing started somebody on reddit mention a TR interview in which he said more or less explicitly that he personally approved all the openers for that tour - except APC. I've never heard this. Ring a bell to anybody?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I saw on reddit when this MJK thing started somebody on reddit mention a TR interview in which he said more or less explicitly that he personally approved all the openers for that tour - except APC. I've never heard this. Ring a bell to anybody?
    i remember the exact same thing. seconded in hoping to find the source. i know it wasn't long after fragility, probably around aatchb. i was kind of shocked by it after being at the salt lake show.
    Last edited by kel; 06-29-2018 at 04:58 PM.