Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Wishing you the best of luck.
    Is it so bad?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Not sure if this is the thread for it, but...

Should I order an XS or an S sized Tshirt? I'm 5,5 ft (167 cm), average weight. I'm not sure how big is an S (yes, I see the chart and I am too dumb to understand it).

Also, what sized PTH women's tank would you suggest for someone around 171 cm, B-cup, who would rather have it airy, more free? She's a bit above average weight.

And any significant difference between the two delivery options, if I'm just ordering these two shirts? Thanks, this would be my first nin.com order.
    get yourself a small, you'll be able to put it in the dryer and still have it fit.

get her a large, same addendum.

as someone who used to wear only small t-shirts and in the last couple years has become only able to wear large & extra-large, i wish i had bought all my shirts bigger. not being able to wear them anymore sucks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Should I order an XS or an S sized Tshirt? I'm 5,5 ft (167 cm), average weight. I'm not sure how big is an S (yes, I see the chart and I am too dumb to understand it).

Also, what sized PTH women's tank would you suggest for someone around 171 cm, B-cup, who would rather have it airy, more free? She's a bit above average weight.

And any significant difference between the two delivery options, if I'm just ordering these two shirts? Thanks, this would be my first nin.com order.
    This is the thread to talk about store stuff: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...ore-Livenation

All you have to do is get a tape measure that you can wrap around your chest under your arms to get an idea of the width you want for the shirt. You can also measure across the shoulders to be sure the next size up might be more comfortable. If you have boobs you'd measure the fullest part around the chest across zee boobs. You can lastly just drap the tape down from shoulder to belly button to confirm length.
    But check the thread for any other info. Unfortunately the shirts in the store aren't always the same type.

I'm a big girl so I can only refer you to the larger sizing. And I'm in US so shipping is straight forward but if you read the thread, you can see people internationally see a higher price. FYI if you were looking at the shirts in the US store, you might instead check the UK store to see if shipping would be cheaper for you: https://store-uk.nin.com/

HTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever make an expanded version of Broken? You know, where they mix in other songs, play with the transitions, etc. as is common for The Fragile. I was thinking that you could mix some tracks from Fixed, recoiled, the Butch Vig track, etc..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone notice that today all digital download options vanished from the NIN.com store?

No standalone downloads nor format choices with vinyl.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm an inch or a few taller than you with an average/athletic build. Get a medium. The smalls always end up feeling like a second skin in the chest and under the arms.

As for your female friend, my wife is roughly the same height, slightly slimmer, and I bought her a small back when I got her the Ghosts Birds women's tee, and it's form fitting. If she wants a bit more room I'd go no smaller than medium. I imagine the tanks aren't cut as form fitting anyway, but medium or large will probably be best depending on how much room she wants/needs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I know, old news, but did we ever find out what was lost in the 2008 Universal fire? Some NIN tapes were stored there. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    I know, old news, but did we ever find out what was lost in the 2008 Universal fire? Some NIN tapes were stored there. Sorry if this has been answered before.
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?t=5590

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Anyone notice that today all digital download options vanished from the NIN.com store?

No standalone downloads nor format choices with vinyl.
    Huh, I was actually planning to buy the Bird Box Extended set there just to get the WAV files, kinda don't want to chance it now. Anywhere else I can legally buy the WAV files? Does the download card included have an option for WAV at the link site?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Huh, I was actually planning to buy the Bird Box Extended set there just to get the WAV files, kinda don't want to chance it now. Anywhere else I can legally buy the WAV files? Does the download card included have an option for WAV at the link site?
    Ah you can still do this. They email the download to you after you buy it, turns out.

Also, bird box comes with a download card.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Ah you can still do this. They email the download to you after you buy it, turns out.

Also, bird box comes with a download card.
    and yes, that download includes the option for WAV files.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Does any high-quality art for the Pretty Hate Machine era exist? I'm talking everything from the singles/album art to promotional images (not band photos).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I use https://www.albumartexchange.com/

It probably isn't the best source but it's good enough for me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Does any high-quality art for the Pretty Hate Machine era exist? I'm talking everything from the singles/album art to promotional images (not band photos).
    I believe Rob said they couldn't find the original artworks when starting the PHM remaster. Guessing the other assets for DII, HLAH, & SIN have been lost (unless Gary Talpas or Designers Republic have copies).

As far as promotional images, not sure if NINcatalog has started to index that sort of thing for future reference.

For example, this distorted version of the NIN logo was used in early promotional material for the album. It's used on an album flat & some cloth stickers that may have doubled for tour passes.

https://24-24-1-482.tumblr.com/post/...ad-appeared-on

I seem to recall a full page ad in SPIN but I don't think TVT's budget allowed for a big promotional push (found it)
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 05-27-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I use https://www.albumartexchange.com/

It probably isn't the best source but it's good enough for me.
    It's an excellent source that I've used for years, but be careful with it. I got IP banned with no warning for (I assume) downloading too much art. I googled around and figured out that the guy that runs the site is seriously unhinged and bans people all the time for random reasons, sometimes things that he just makes up.

He is also so active in taking down anyone who mentions him doing this that I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an account here just to harass me for mentioning this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=katara;496543]Is the German tin edition of Further Down The Spiral (with the three pins) official or a bootleg?[quote]

Official from what I can tell.

Similarly, is the PHM 12" picture disc a bootleg?
    Bootleg

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=MrLobster;496545]
    Is the German tin edition of Further Down The Spiral (with the three pins) official or a bootleg?

Official from what I can tell.
    Could've fooled me! Thanks.
    Last edited by katara; 05-30-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

There were some users claiming that the version on FDTS was a completely different mix.
    Sorry it took me a minute but I checked this for you and it’s the same as the MOTP single.

What is different is the font on the cover art for this song alone. They took the v2 cover art templates and added in Reptilian but didn’t get the font or spacing right on the back of the disc and the disc art. See also how the text concerning Dead Souls on the Japanese TDS also doesn’t match (but not as badly).

Last edited by tricil; 05-30-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    and yes, that download includes the option for WAV files.
    Just bought it recently and everything went smoothly. Thanks for the help guys!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Posting on this thread because I would like to be 100% certain: "Joe Bisara" from Heresy (Blind) is actually Joseph Bishara, right? His collaborators on the remix are Dave Ogilvie and Anthony Valcic, with whom he also remixed MM's Dope Hat (as "Dance of the Dope Hats"), this time with his surname spelled correctly. Although he's now famous for his scores and appearances in the Conjuring and Insidious film series, to me he'll always be the guy who contributed a silly techno song for the movie Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. I'd blast the shit out of that as a teen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do any recording savvy ppl here have an idea/guess of what Trent's vocal chain might look like?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Posting on this thread because I would like to be 100% certain: "Joe Bisara" from Heresy (Blind) is actually Joseph Bishara, right? His collaborators on the remix are Dave Ogilvie and Anthony Valcic, with whom he also remixed MM's Dope Hat (as "Dance of the Dope Hats"), this time with his surname spelled correctly. Although he's now famous for his scores and appearances in the Conjuring and Insidious film series, to me he'll always be the guy who contributed a silly techno song for the movie Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. I'd blast the shit out of that as a teen.
    Yes he is from the band Drown.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is a long shot but I'll try.
    Does anyone by chance have a video of Only from this show saved?
    https://www.nin.wiki/2007/08/05_Helsinki,_Finland
    Apparently the screen (or lighting rig) wasn't working right and Trent roasted a technician during a song. There's a youtube video linked from ninwiki, but it's dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just wondering if there's any way to play the Year Zero video game after all these years?
    I went to a NIN coma sometime in the late 1990s (see my intro post here) missed like 20-years of good shit. I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to play it if possible.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by feeblewitz View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just wondering if there's any way to play the Year Zero video game after all these years?
    I went to a NIN coma sometime in the late 1990s (see my intro post here) missed like 20-years of good shit. I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to play it if possible.

Thanks!
    If you're talking about the ARG... no, unfortunately not.

It's one of those cases where 'you had to be there'.

There was no video game per se; it was more of a drip-feed of information in the form of lore-heavy websites. These were discovered over time by various means, such as messages hidden in spectrograms, in numbers that had to be called, in venue bathrooms, and so on. Some aspects were like a scavenger hunt that took place in the real world. The more websites that were found, the deeper the world of Year Zero became. Much of the 'gameplay' (if we can call it that) took place on discussion boards like this one. At one point, everyone on the forum was documented and given an identity number, like we were being watched.

Most, if not all of the domains expired years ago. The ARG experience lives on only in the memories of those who were there at the time.

I believe someone made a printable pdf of website screenshots.

There's also a massive amount of collated information on ninwiki.com. Just check the front page for the Year Zero ARG Overview and its subsections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you're talking about the ARG... no, unfortunately not.

It's one of those cases where 'you had to be there'.

Most, if not all of the domains expired years ago. The ARG experience lives on only in the memories of those who were there at the time.
    Thanks for that katara, that helps clarify what I've read so far. I found the pdf you mentioned here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3d...tqMUw1VXc/view

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A lot of the stuff is mirrored at https://yearzero.netninja.com/, but obviously, the experience is way different. You can’t really play it without spoilers, and you probably need to mess around a bit to get everything to load properly in your browser. IIRC, lots of the sites used Flash. It was 2007, after all.

That said, some of the websites remain powerful even to this date, like that of the Solutions Backward Initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    A lot of the stuff is mirrored at https://yearzero.netninja.com/, but obviously, the experience is way different. You can’t really play it without spoilers, and you probably need to mess around a bit to get everything to load properly in your browser. IIRC, lots of the sites used Flash. It was 2007, after all.
    If it does use Flash, anyone wanting to peruse those sites should do so before the end of this year. Flash is expiring and at least three major browsers (Chrome, IE, FF) will be blocking it.

That pdf isn't exactly the best quality, sadly. Bear in mind that some of it is transcripted. For example, 24.3.1's message played when you called a phone number. You can find more info (and audio) here: https://www.nin.wiki/12163331810#Transcription
    24.9.1 is a video whose website was found in some of the distorted breakdown of The Great Destroyer. You should watch that video. 24.9.2 further explains it.

It's probably best to check each web page in 24.X.X order, look at it on the pdf and the netninja site, then check ninwiki for extra info.

I'd recommend going through The Mailstrom last. It's a bit of a slog, to be honest.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Perhaps the DEFINITIVE version of YZ will include some sort of walkthrough/archive of the ARG as a compliment to the album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh it has to be brought up in the essay for sure. Be insane if it reactivated and the essay and vinyl etc provided more clues.