Page 194 of 215 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Oh it has to be brought up in the essay for sure. Be insane if it reactivated and the essay and vinyl etc provided more clues.
    I think Rob would be a lot more involved than it seems he has been to this point if there were some sort of reboot/re-release of the original.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was going through the YZ multitracks over the past few days and noticed some of the tracks have some really odd BPMs. Good Soldier is 87.43, Vessel is 91.9941, and Capital G is 109.0001.

Anyone have any insight or speculation on those?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I was going through the YZ multitracks over the past few days and noticed some of the tracks have some really odd BPMs. Good Soldier is 87.43, Vessel is 91.9941, and Capital G is 109.0001.

Anyone have any insight or speculation on those?
    ARG

In all seriousness, this may actually be something we missed. Trent did say there were some things he thought were obvious which were completely overlooked.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Um...it’s been a while for me. Anyone have a guess as to the meaning of those numbers, if indeed we’re talking ARG? None of those full tracks were available before the album release, right?

And that was it before release day. So what would they even be pointing to?
    The ARG continued a little after the album released. Year Zero itself contained many links to websites as-yet unseen, such as the morse code in AVOTT, Red Horse Vector in The Great Destroyer, and so on. My point is that just because this wouldn't have been found before the album dropped doesn't mean it wasn't anything at all.

There may be nothing in the track bpms. Seems suspicious. It's too late now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The ARG continued a little after the album released. Year Zero itself contained many links to websites as-yet unseen, such as the morse code in AVOTT, Red Horse Vector in The Great Destroyer, and so on. My point is that just because this wouldn't have been found before the album dropped doesn't mean it wasn't anything at all.

There may be nothing in the track bpms. Seems suspicious. It's too late now.
    @ rob on twitter, I think he'd get a kick out of hearing we found something 12 years later.

Edit: perhaps they're shards, but those were mostly words, not number strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everybody, does anyone know where I can find full version of this interview? I tried on reddit but no response so far. You're my last hope ;(. BTW. Is there any kind of video interview hub? Something like ninlive.com but for interviews?
    Last edited by snayper666; 06-17-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Back in 05 while I was discovering NIN by naively downloading every track I could find on limewire, I ended up falling for the usual suspects (Angel, Legend of Zelda etc), one of which was labelled “Nine Inch Nails - Final Destination”. It was pretty much just a version of Into the Void which had these weird, garbled, manipulated screams over it and a little section with some vocoder vocals too. I really liked it, does anybody know of this or have it? I haven’t heard it in a good ten years and can’t find anything about it online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Back in 05 while I was discovering NIN by naively downloading every track I could find on limewire, I ended up falling for the usual suspects (Angel, Legend of Zelda etc), one of which was labelled “Nine Inch Nails - Final Destination”. It was pretty much just a version of Into the Void which had these weird, garbled, manipulated screams over it and a little section with some vocoder vocals too. I really liked it, does anybody know of this or have it? I haven’t heard it in a good ten years and can’t find anything about it online
    It's on a remix bootleg I have been searching for a very long time, no leads.

https://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Qm3gA_Remixes_v1.0

And for those who haven't listened to it yet
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 07-10-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is this show real?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-739af699.html

Special performance for the Make-A-Wish Foundation that took place at a rehearsal studio in Burbank, CA.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is this show real?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-739af699.html

Special performance for the Make-A-Wish Foundation that took place at a rehearsal studio in Burbank, CA.
    Look at the submission notes for the concert:

My Make-A-Wish, granted when I was diagnosed with Ovarian Germ Cell Cancer at 16 in 2005. Met the whole band, talked with Trent for several hours and played a set for my family and I in an unknown Brubank, CA rehearsal studio. Lasted about 45 minutes.
    Sounds plausible. They were on touring break at the time, and L.A. is where they were based. The setlist is period-appropriate. It was essentially a private performance for an audience of one (family), so I don't feel much is missing if it's not included on any gigographies. Difficult to corroborate. Maybe one of the band members of the time who is active on social media could confirm/deny (Ally, Josh)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,
    There's a NIN or Trent track I've heard in a DJ mix with the lyrics: "Voices etched on my memory"
    Anybody know what track that is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whose alt account is this?
    Oh wow are you guys paranoid around here

Uh, it's a genuine question! I'm just me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My apologies. I just assumed you were a troll because a) it was your first post and b) a cursory google search reveals it's a line from 'My Own Worst Enemy' by Lit.
    Yeah it's not that song, nor is it a cover of that song. Sorry I can't remember more of the lyrics but it's 100% Trent's vocals.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    You guys need to work on your google-fu. And ears.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This sounds nothing like Trent, what's a matta wit you?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    New to this exchange but, unless I’m missing attribution somewhere online, that’s not Trent? Everything I can find says the vocalist is Calyx, a.k.a. Larry Cons. I feel like it would be weird that there’s a guest vocal from Trent about which we were largely unaware?
    It's not him. GodShapedHole thought it was and asked what song had these words, and if you google the words there are literally only five results, and they're all about this song. I was just providing a link to the song he was looking for. Not NIN related at all.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Does anybody know if Trent's old posts from the official board were ever archived anywhere? I see screenshots here and there, but nothing compiled together all at once. Every once in a while i'll remember a funny quip or short insight he posted and wish that those posts were still available.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Does anybody know if Trent's old posts from the official board were ever archived anywhere? I see screenshots here and there, but nothing compiled together all at once. Every once in a while i'll remember a funny quip or short insight he posted and wish that those posts were still available.
    Does www.archive.org yield much if you type in nin-thespiral.com and look at archives from 2005-2006?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Does www.archive.org yield much if you type in nin-thespiral.com and look at archives from 2005-2006?
    I didn't even think of that. I'll start poking about and see what I find!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Merch question: Has anyone every made the effort to catalogue every official merch item over the years or at least t-shirt designs from 1989 until now?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Merch question: Has anyone every made the effort to catalogue every official merch item over the years or at least t-shirt designs from 1989 until now?
    http://www.ninshirts.com

There is also Instagram @nin_shirts to check out.

For everything else there is http://www.nincatalog.com

HTH!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I've been interested in the 1989-1990 era of official NIN shirts & found this small sampling in my search through the interwebs (there's one more that I thought was bootleg, but was from an authentic TVT design that I need to find again):

I think most of these may have come from the Brian83NIN IG.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 08-11-2020 at 10:28 AM. Reason: corrected IG account

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Nice thanks for the help and especially to you @m0reta ! I've known nincatalog, but not nin_shirts... pretty obvious though, d'oh!

Some mad designs over the years and wtf? A NIN rubber shirt?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    These are some awesome designs! It would be cool if they redid these shirts for an anniversary. I'd love to own one without having to cough up hundreds of dollars.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or is there a faint melody in the first half of Corona Radiata that later reappears in Demon Seed much more prominently?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    These are some awesome designs! It would be cool if they redid these shirts for an anniversary. I'd love to own one without having to cough up hundreds of dollars.
    That's a cool idea, re-releasing reprints of old tshirts as part of an anniversary nod.

I have a couple of very old NIN shirts (the oldest being the Now I'm Nothing shirt) and while I love the designs, t-shirts from the early 90's have a weird fit to them that I can't stand. I'd rather have the old designs on a newer t-shirt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I used to have a Now I'm Nothing shirt that felt weird and was ill fitting. It was too big and felt like super thick cotton, so I sold it. Now my oldest NIN shirts are a Downward Spiral shirt (that's also too big) and a long sleeved Self-Destruct shirt, which is among my favorites.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I used to have a Now I'm Nothing shirt that felt weird and was ill fitting. It was too big and felt like super thick cotton.
    Did yours have the design sort of printed with a more textured paint? If so, I think we have/had the same batch of that shirt design. It also has a weirdly high neckline for a t-shirt.

I also have basically no merch from the YZ era, and really wish I did. I also wish I had HTDA shirts, but that's a lamentation for the HTDA thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Did yours have the design sort of printed with a more textured paint? If so, I think we have/had the same batch of that shirt design. It also has a weirdly high neckline for a t-shirt.

I also have basically no merch from the YZ era, and really wish I did. I also wish I had HTDA shirts, but that's a lamentation for the HTDA thread.
    I think it did. It did have a high neckline so it's probably the same shirt. Very similar to the one Trent used to wear in the early 90s. I wanted to like that shirt so bad, but it just didn't work for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Digging the retro shirts. Keep meaning to buy the FDTS shirt to replace my original from back in the day. Remember seeing a Now I'm Nothing shirt in a store (Camden probably?) that I always wish I'd picked up, but then I would have just lost that too.

So my random question is... to what is Trent referring to when he asks for a copy of the NME at the 26 May Astoria recording? I'm sure I remember this being discussed before, but I don't remember the answer. A Google search brings up mention of a bad review of TDS so I guess that's it -if so, might this be archived somewhere?