Page 202 of 215 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,060 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Glad to hear that the hard-to-please-motherfuckery has always been with us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa, the fuck man, that's crazy! See that's why I always loved this place. Crazy jazz that should be lost to time somehow seems to materialize. Anyway, to the Big Man With a Gun discussion, I always felt a little weird about it. I dug the heaviness but it really kind of always felt too tongue in cheek to overshadow anything else on the record. That being said, when the album itself is a damn masterpiece, even the poorer bit must be good to some degree. Never once did I feel the need to skip, so it does it's job. I remember feeling super pumped about Startfucker Inc. when I first heard it on the TDTWWA single. That's definitely akin to that I guess. TDTWWA (Quiet) stole the show though. I remember showing that to friends of mine that hated NIN and even they were converted, even if it were for just a few songs similar in vein.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    When I heard it, I immediately took it as satire - portraying a man who is insecure and overcompensating. "I'm every inch a man, and I'll show you somehow." It was a weird messed up window into a man's mind when he's obsessed with how weak and insignificant he feels.

By the time TDS was out, I already had Under the Pink, and I knew Trent sang on that album. So it was a weird flip - considering Tori's Me and and Gun off Little Earthquakes, so I thought there was no way BMWAG was something to be taken literally.
    Man, that is a song I could do without.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looking for remixes that's basically just Trent's vocals on top of Ghosts tracks. Is there a set of these that exists somewhere?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegrizzle View Post
    Looking for remixes that's basically just Trent's vocals on top of Ghosts tracks. Is there a set of these that exists somewhere?
    There's one I know of...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

PHM artwork?

Was looking at PHM on Amazon and this artwork showed up for the cd version. I’ve never seen this artwork in my life. What the heck…?
    https://imgur.com/a/IdHEu4W

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    while looking up PHM longbox art this popped up:

The Pretty Hate Machine Flannel - $125

Last edited by allegate; 07-10-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antediluvian View Post
    Was looking at PHM on Amazon and this artwork showed up for the cd version. I’ve never seen this artwork in my life. What the heck…?
    https://imgur.com/a/IdHEu4W
    That’s the 2nd panel of the foldout artwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody heard of this channel ixi? She's an excellent NIN song analyzer and pianist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A long, long time ago I downloaded a collection of the ambient tracks used for the And All That Could Have Been DVD menus. The hard drive those files were stored on was destroyed, sadly. Does anyone know where I could re-download those tracks? I've googled and searched YouTube but I've come up with nothing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    A long, long time ago I downloaded a collection of the ambient tracks used for the And All That Could Have Been DVD menus. The hard drive those files were stored on was destroyed, sadly. Does anyone know where I could re-download those tracks? I've googled and searched YouTube but I've come up with nothing.
    I extracted them myself a long time ago, will PM a link.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anybody have details on “Renzor”‘s involvement with the Crunch-O-Matic LP? That one has always fascinated me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Anybody have details on “Renzor”‘s involvement with the Crunch-O-Matic LP? That one has always fascinated me.
    Well, there we have it. The band featured Eric Zimmerman, director of a couple of early NIN videos (DII and HLAH). TR is credited on the Crunch-O-Matic album with “additional data courtesy of”. Maybe he just handed his old mate some samples or something…

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I extracted them myself a long time ago, will PM a link.
    How many did you end up with? I haven't found something other than PGC Demux that works properly on everything (ripping from the .IFO file, not the .VOB). Here's Disc 1, some of them are copies, others are .subp files; there appears to be 22 "unique" audio tracks out of the 35 listed in the indices for both .IFO files. And no, these aren't accidentally the concert performance; the longest one is 1:59.29:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    How many did you end up with? I haven't found something other than PGC Demux that works properly on everything (ripping from the .IFO file, not the .VOB). Here's Disc 1, some of them are copies, others are .subp files; there appears to be 22 "unique" audio tracks out of the 35 listed in the indices for both .IFO files. And no, these aren't accidentally the concert performance; the longest one is 1:59.29:
    Yes also used PGC Demux. I think I got 29 from disc 1, though I haven't confirmed that these are all unique tracks - numerous tracks have the same duration but many seem to be subtly different versions of the same piece. I'd be happy to send you a link to the archive if you'd like to take a look.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Yes also used PGC Demux. I think I got 29 from disc 1, though I haven't confirmed that these are all unique tracks - numerous tracks have the same duration but many seem to be subtly different versions of the same piece. I'd be happy to send you a link to the archive if you'd like to take a look.
    Sure. I put mine up on MEGA, so I'll send you a link of the one I did; I got 30 from Disc 1 and 30 from Disc 2. The subtleties seem to lie across discs, based sheerly on slight filesize differences, but it wouldn't surprise me if each occurrence was slightly different (layering/mixing).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So...I can't remember if this was an official release or not, but there was a 2-disc collection of all (at the time) Charlie Clouser's remixes called The Clouser Files. I have five tracks from it for some strange reason. Anyone have a lead on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure. I put mine up on MEGA, so I'll send you a link of the one I did; I got 30 from Disc 1 and 30 from Disc 2. The subtleties seem to lie across discs, based sheerly on slight filesize differences, but it wouldn't surprise me if each occurrence was slightly different (layering/mixing).

count me in as well if you would please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    me too!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like a link too, if it isn't too much trouble.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is the A Minute To Breathe video available in 4k anywhere? Getting an OLED telly today and that's one of my favourite videos, but nothing on YouTube.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Is the A Minute To Breathe video available in 4k anywhere? Getting an OLED telly today and that's one of my favourite videos, but nothing on YouTube.
    I think that was uploaded before YouTube started supporting 4K video.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think that was uploaded before YouTube started supporting 4K video.
    No, YouTube added 4K support in 2010. I think it's more likely that A Minute to Breathe was only produced in HD.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    random NIN question!

https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_Events

the ntae wiki lists "Alternate digital artwork #5 - Embedded in corrected early 2017 digital files" -- what were these corrected files? i definitely have that first download art on my files, not the revised one. i don't remember hearing about any issues at the time, but of course, i could've easily missed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    random NIN question!

https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_Events

the ntae wiki lists "Alternate digital artwork #5 - Embedded in corrected early 2017 digital files" -- what were these corrected files? i definitely have that first download art on my files, not the revised one. i don't remember hearing about any issues at the time, but of course, i could've easily missed it.
    i'm not 100% sure if i'm remembering it right but there were some broken tags (i think missing lyrics)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Any idea what song this corresponds to? Maybe a FYC version of a soundtrack song?

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace...rkID/906216700

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hey guys, not sure what's the right thread for this, so let it be this one for now.

I've got a little request.

As you maybe know, I'm working on multicam edits of Palladium 2018 shows. Most of these shows have IEM-quality audio recording available on NIN Live Archive, and I intend to use those.
    For the show #1 (Dec 7th) IEM audio has a clicktrack that was not removed. As @ninlive explained in the comments for the recording, it's a very tedious task which requires manual removal of thousands of clicks throughout the show, and I totally understand.

However! I've listened to this recording a couple of times recently and honestly it's not that bad. The click is not distracting for most of the songs as they are usually loud enough to bury it deep in the mix. The only songs where it's really annoying are the quiet ones at the end: Home, AATCHB and Hurt.

So my request is this: if anyone can try and clean just these three songs for me, I'd really appreciate it. It would improve the final cut tremendously.

https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181207.html
    Last edited by fillow; 09-25-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Even with removing them you'll run in to two problems 1) it removes the most important part, the music and 2) they are so embedded in the track that it's impossible to even remove. So best is to just keep it in. Hence why I did it for night 1.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hey guys, not sure what's the right thread for this, so let it be this one for now.

I've got a little request.

As you maybe know, I'm working on multicam edits of Palladium 2018 shows. Most of these shows have IEM-quality audio recording available on NIN Live Archive, and I intend to use those.
    For the show #1 (Dec 7th) IEM audio has a clicktrack that was not removed. As @ninlive explained in the comments for the recording, it's a very tedious task which requires manual removal of thousands of clicks throughout the show, and I totally understand.

However! I've listened to this recording a couple of times recently and honestly it's not that bad. The click is not distracting for most of the songs as they are usually loud enough to bury it deep in the mix. The only songs where it's really annoying are the quiet ones at the end: Home, AATCHB and Hurt.

So my request is this: if anyone can try and clean just these three songs for me, I'd really appreciate it. It would improve the final cut tremendously.

https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181207.html
    I have another audio editing project due at the end of this week, but I could take a look next weekend and see what's possible.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Any idea what song this corresponds to? Maybe a FYC version of a soundtrack song?

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace...rkID/906216700
    Probably from "Waves". There's an abortion clinic featured in the movie.