Page 198 of 215 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,940 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    teitan pls

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can anyone help identifying the song that plays over the PA after Hurt ends here?

https://soundcloud.com/nineinchruine.../s-a4b4v4W1s4a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What should I listen to from Charlie Clouser's / Danny Lohner's / Keith Hillebrandt's catalogues if I seek some of the fragile era atmosphere?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Is there an archive of the Year Zero tour Survivialism stadium footage used? You know how they had cameras set up around the venues to insert into the live version of the song... yeah, that.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I kick myself in the ass at least twice a day for missing that WT: Tentative Sequence CD when it showed up on eBay a year ago. I would have easily bid about $5K for that shit in the last 10 seconds of the auction and paid whatever it topped out at..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can anyone help identifying the song that plays over the PA after Hurt ends here?

https://soundcloud.com/nineinchruine.../s-a4b4v4W1s4a
    That sounds similar to Ladytron, but I'm not very familiar with their discography! I'm very curious to know if anyone else figures it out as well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    What should I listen to from Charlie Clouser's / Danny Lohner's / Keith Hillebrandt's catalogues if I seek some of the fragile era atmosphere?
    Keith had made sample CD's in the 90s which put him on Trent's radar.
    You could always track down his sample packs if they're still available somewhere.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    https://gripsweat.com/item/164633368...ix-756220-live

Legit? Or fake as fuck? I figured someone here would know..
    We've been talking about it in the Ebay thread; consensus is that it's a boot.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    We've been talking about it in the Ebay thread; consensus is that it's a boot.
    Haha well, I own it now, whatever it is..

Even if it turns out it's a bootleg. There's no Discogs listing for it, but that doesn't mean it's not real; I've bought plenty of TPs/formats off that site that didn't have a listing. I'll have to give an assessment of it once it arrives and I've had time to sit with it..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Haha well, I own it now, whatever it is..

Even if it turns out it's a bootleg. There's no Discogs listing for it, but that doesn't mean it's not real; I've bought plenty of TPs/formats off that site that didn't have a listing. I'll have to give an assessment of it once it arrives and I've had time to sit with it..
    Well congrats on the win, boot or no. Let us know how it is.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What is Trent Reznor working on now? I usually watch and read all the interviews and now that Mank and Soul are done, I’m not aware of anything else in the pipeline that is public knowledge. Did I miss anything? Of course one would hope their attention would turn to new NIN, but I also know in an interview a couple months ago he said he had been lacking creative inspiration due to the pandemic.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    What is Trent Reznor working on now? I usually watch and read all the interviews and now that Mank and Soul are done, I’m not aware of anything else in the pipeline that is public knowledge. Did I miss anything? Of course one would hope their attention would turn to new NIN, but I also know in an interview a couple months ago he said he had been lacking creative inspiration due to the pandemic.
    Im sure somewhere near the end of this interview they’re asked do they want to start writing for themselves again (which would mean NIN I imagine) and they are (this is at 51.30)

Last edited by WorzelG; 01-22-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm cleaning up my archive and was wondering if I'm missing any iTunes or Digital Download PDFs? Here's what I have:

An Omen EP
    Ghosts I-IV
    Still
    Survivalism
    TGWTDT
    The Slip
    Welcome Oblivion
    With Teeth
    Hesitation Marks
    Deviations 1

Thanks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

What size is the With Teeth poster?

Specifically, the enormous one with lyrics that you could get through the Spiral fan club. I have one and want to get it framed but it's all packed away right now. Rather than dig it out right now, I figured I'd ask if anyone knew offhand what the dimensions of the thing were?

The large pdf of the poster says 36 inches by 48 inches, fwiw...

Thanks

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Specifically, the enormous one with lyrics that you could get through the Spiral fan club. I have one and want to get it framed but it's all packed away right now. Rather than dig it out right now, I figured I'd ask if anyone knew offhand what the dimensions of the thing were?

Thanks
    not sure but i found mine in my closet while i was cleaning up my music room yesterday and it's fucking trashed. i think someone other than me must have shoved it in there at some point with no thought whatsoever. ugh.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post

That about the size of the one I had printed up... it's a big thing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's 36 by 48 like the PDF says. The cost for framing it was absolutely ridiculous when I did it because it's so big.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks! Just found a guy who does framing for not too much money, so hopefully can get this sorted

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is there more information on the whole Elephant Man thing on here? I can find mentions here and there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Is there more information on the whole Elephant Man thing on here? I can find mentions here and there.
    Mark Nicholas Onofrio, from Houston, Texas, filed a complaint in Los Angeles federal court claiming that Reznor used five of his songs on The Downward Spiral, and also declared that the song Burn on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack is incredibly similar to another track he had sent to Reznor.

Onofrio claims that he met Reznor in a chat room in the summer of 1993. (Haven't all chat frequenters met Golda Meir, Weiland or Reznor in some remote part of the Web at three in the morning?) Onofrio claims he asked Reznor if he would listen to some of his work. Reznor gave a positive reply via e-mail and supplied his address. Onofrio claims he then Fed Ex'd a demo to Reznor's house.

When The Downward Spiral was released back in '94, Onofrio noticed that five tracks on the album were based on four songs from his self-produced Elephant Man collection that he allegedly sent to Reznor. The lawsuit claims that the NIN songs "Closer" and "Mr. Self Destruct" are strikingly similar to the Onofrio-penned "Voice," "March of the Pigs" is allegedly ripped off from Onofrio's "Nothing." "Hurt" is supposed to be derived from Onofrio's "Real", "The Downward Spiral" is hypothetically taken from the tune "Dinner With Jeff." Onofrio also claims that one of Reznor's contributions to the Natural Born Killers soundtrack, "Burn" is strikingly similar to his tune titled "This Hell."

Onofrio's lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for copyright infringement, and seeks injunctions against the further distribution of The Downward Spiral and Natural Born Killers- both the movie and the soundtrack. The complaint names Reznor, NIN, Interscope Records (Reznor's record label), Warner Bros. (the movie studio behind Natural Born Killers) and others. Onofrio is indeed taking on the system. But the system has yet to react. As of the press time, no hearings have been scheduled.
    You can download the tracks here:
    http://nindestruct.com/misc/elephantman_reupload.zip

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    And, having listened to those tracks now, I can only assume that the lawsuit was laughed out of court?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My God...that shit is horrible, and sounds NOTHING like NIN.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    My God...that shit is horrible, and sounds NOTHING like NIN.
    i wouldn't say it's all horrible (dinner with jeff is actually pretty good) but it definitely sounds like DEMOS and also doesn't sound anything like NIN. his vocals, though? those are REALLY BAD.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    And, having listened to those tracks now, I can only assume that the lawsuit was laughed out of court?
    Yup.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1432658/cour...-trent-reznor/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help, all! Much appreciated. Outside of the articles, there's a small video on YouTube about it, and that's all.

I have to laugh at this in the MTV artlce: "With this legal hurdle out of the way, it appears that Reznor can now concentrate on his highly-anticipated new double-album, which sources indicate should (finally) arrive sometime next year". December 2, 1998 article.

It's so fun being able to find little things like this!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I swear I used to know this but I honestly can’t remember - does anyone know why there were two different versions of Further Down The Spiral?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I swear I used to know this but I honestly can’t remember - does anyone know why there were two different versions of Further Down The Spiral?
    To make you buy two copies, of course. Personally, I actually prefer the US tracklist. Which is not what came out here, so I had to get an import which was a hassle back in the day. Which version came out in your territory? On Spotify I get the V2 version, although Hurt (Live) is titled (Quiet) for some reason.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have three in my iTunes but I suppose the third is a variety of bootleg. I remember getting the import while I was in college and being astounded it was in a record shop in tiny little Meadville, PA.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I have three in my iTunes but I suppose the third is a variety of bootleg. I remember getting the import while I was in college and being astounded it was in a record shop in tiny little Meadville, PA.
    I added a touch of The Fragile and made my own mix with all of the Self Destruct versions... you know, for daily commutes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    To make you buy two copies, of course. Personally, I actually prefer the US tracklist. Which is not what came out here, so I had to get an import which was a hassle back in the day. Which version came out in your territory? On Spotify I get the V2 version, although Hurt (Live) is titled (Quiet) for some reason.
    I think I have V2 on CD, I’ll need to check when I get home. I’ve got them both combined in my iTunes library so I’m not sure lol. However Apple Music here in Australia has both although I’m not sure if that’s always been the case.

Edit: yep V2 on disc.
    Last edited by Disassociative; 02-07-2021 at 09:13 AM.