Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2024

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I asked AI to show how it would look if NIN played Driver Down live.

Just kidding, I edited it myself. It could've looked pretty cool.

The Nine Inch Nails: Driver Down [live].

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I didn't realize how badly I want this until now. I've always loved Driver Down and wondered why he decided to credit it as Trent Reznor instead of NIN. Imagine if they did this song live and then covered "I'm Deranged" right after.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I didn't realize how badly I want this until now. I've always loved Driver Down and wondered why he decided to credit it as Trent Reznor instead of NIN. Imagine if they did this song live and then covered "I'm Deranged" right after.
    Start the show with I'm Deranged into The Perfect Drug. End the show with Driver Down into I'm Deranged (Reprise).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Our favorite logo makes a brief appearance in the Kickstarter video for this book about band logos. It also appears on an image of a spread if you scroll down. I'm curious if they were able to interview Gary Talpas and/or Trent for this.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-21-2024 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm curious if they were able to interview Gary Talpas and/or Trent for this.
    Based on the text blurb on the spread, it seems to be a write up by some other designer (I couldn't make out the name for resolution is too low)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Based on the text blurb on the spread, it seems to be a write up by some other designer (I couldn't make out the name for resolution is too low)
    It looks like it could be Ross Shaw of JMG Studio. The text says:

"Designer Ross(?) Shaw(?) was in awe of the brutal simplicity of the Nine Inch Nails logo from the moment he first clapped(?) eyes on it. In a personal(?) appreciation he lauds(?) its enduring graphic power."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This showed up in my Roku today, sorry if it's been posted before, i've never seen it...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NIN's social media have been posting TDS related pics and have posted about the anniversary of the MOTP single. Nothing new or substantial, but nice to see. Here's hoping we get something new or previously unreleased this year!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    James's wife mentioned on the comment section of her Woodstock 94 videos that she has some awesome behind the scenes video of NIN she is going to release on the 30th anniversary of the Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Maybe another Deviations? Atmos release?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It would be really cool if they did something for the 30th anniversary. Even something as simple as merch would be nice.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    4K Closer remaster pretty please?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I'll be OK with TDS: Deviations 2. But really, I'd take these kind of updates over total radio silence.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll be OK with TDS: Deviations 2. But really, I'd take these kind of updates over total radio silence.
    Agreed but man, we are starved now for new material. I think we are entering the longest drought between NIN releases since the TDS - Fragile era. (not counting Ghosts V-VI)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Agreed but man, we are starved now for new material. I think we are entering the longest drought between NIN releases since the TDS - Fragile era. (not counting Ghosts V-VI)
    Unfortunately it is. I did the math on it recently here.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    eh. l haven't really thought about album release schedules in awhile. There's so much other stuff to listen to and find that I've started to look at album releases from favorite bands as "oh hey cool".

Or, in the case of Metallica, "oh hey why?" I'd rather listen to the stuff I know is good instead of throwing the dice like that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    There's so much other stuff to listen to and find that I've started to look at album releases from favorite bands as "oh hey cool".
    THIS.
    There are so many new albums even from some of my fav bands that I've been putting off for years... Just because my catalog of music discovery only keeps growing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    THIS.
    There are so many new albums even from some of my fav bands that I've been putting off for years... Just because my catalog of music discovery only keeps growing.
    I'd agree with this. The electro/darkwave/post-punk/industrial genre has been putting out a lot of quality music over the past few years and I have been consumed with it all. I still miss NIN a whole lot though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Some more newly uploaded behind the scenes footage of Woodstock 94, recorded by James:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Spanish/Welsh comedian who did the stand up show “Nine Ig Fails” about him going to see NIN in LA with no plan (it’s been recorded so hopefully will crop up somewhere soon) has a new show this year caaaalllleeddd…

“Seńor Self Destruct” https://machcomedyfest.co.uk/show/20...k-in-progress/

(Not sponsored, I just find it very funny the idea that someone is doing standup about NIN!)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    sorry for a second post today. has this been posted? I don't recall ever seeing this before. recently uploaded audio interview from October 1992.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    That's honestly what I'm hoping for this year. The instrumental "new" tracks from the Fragile version of Deviations were so much fun to listen to and experience that era, so I'd be really interested to see what left over material was around from TDS era. Don't think there's as much as The Fragile, but still.

Since I doubt we'll be getting new material any time soon, this could at least hold me over until then. With vinyl prices soaring, I wonder how much Trent is invested in putting out those Deluxe Versions of albums we're still waiting on (I.E. The Slip)

Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I'd agree with this. The electro/darkwave/post-punk/industrial genre has been putting out a lot of quality music over the past few years and I have been consumed with it all.
    Definitely check out the new Kontravoid record!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Guess Gibson was working on a TR model signature guitar at one point back in 13...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh wow, that would have been cool to see.

Also lol @ "Rez-NORE"

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I'm disappointed that this has been known in guitar circles for over a decade, and somehow it never crossed my desk. At the same time, it looks like the going rate for one of these bad boys has been $3500, and I don't need a $3500 guitar, so I'm not that disappointed. Pretty wild that negotiations went far enough to have 50(ish?) prototype units manufactured.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm disappointed that this has been known in guitar circles for over a decade, and somehow it never crossed my desk. At the same time, it looks like the going rate for one of these bad boys has been $3500, and I don't need a $3500 guitar, so I'm not that disappointed. Pretty wild that negotiations went far enough to have 50(ish?) prototype units manufactured.
    If it's gotten to 50, it's past the prototype stage and onto production. Limited artist models are often limited to that few, or even fewer. Clearly things fell apart pretty late in the process.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    If it's gotten to 50, it's past the prototype stage and onto production. Limited artist models are often limited to that few, or even fewer. Clearly things fell apart pretty late in the process.
    You might even say Things… Fell Apart.

Surely TR abandoned it just so we could make that pun.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    JMJ and Robin were at Alessandro's LA show last night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4CY_PWr12d/

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    sorry for a second post today. has this been posted? I don't recall ever seeing this before. recently uploaded audio interview from October 1992.
    Yes, it's been available for a while:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-95290300...october-8-1992

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Couple NIN mentions in this new St. Vincent interview: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ming-interview