Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2024

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2024

Maybe THIS year...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Some streamer said the music in a video game sounds like Nine Inch Nails and then looks up up the meaning of the name:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/gk7Q_h9OR...D0mzZcBRGW9lWz

I really hope there's some new NIN this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even if it was another deveations album or ghosts or something..... I would be beyond happy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    At this point, I'd be fine with more $60 t shirts.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    See what is in his bag.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just browsing reddit and saw this thread where someone drew parallels to how MRIs sound and NIN music. Someone then said that’s what they thought “Claustrophobia Machine (Raw)” was all about:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/s/5Jff82YIbV

I… never made that connection!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just browsing reddit and saw this thread where someone drew parallels to how MRIs sound and NIN music.
    Back in 2008 when I became disabled, I did a lot of MRIs and was told that it was loud and not a good noise... I said I listened to industrial music (and specifically mentioned NIN since at least a lot of people have heard of them). Yeah, it was fine.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've fallen asleep in MRI machines because of the sound. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Just browsing reddit and saw this thread where someone drew parallels to how MRIs sound and NIN music. Someone then said that’s what they thought “Claustrophobia Machine (Raw)” was all about:

Isn't that the basis for The Eater of Dreams ?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Isn't that the basis for The Eater of Dreams ?
    The demo of it feels right in line with that

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Weird touring dreams that you have when you've been on the road too long:

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    New podcast interview with Carré Callaway from Queen Kwong that mentions her early experience opening for NIN in 2005 (it did not go well) and about her life with a CF diagnosis. Really great to hear she's doing well and recording another record! https://thebonnellfoundation.org/que...d-roll-and-cf/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    a friend messaged me that there will be no nin tour in 2024 and i fucking believe him. i hope he’s wrong. he’s basically calling atticus a liar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    a friend messaged me that there will be no nin tour in 2024 and i fucking believe him. i hope he’s wrong. he’s basically calling atticus a liar.
    did atticus say there’d be a tour? if so, where?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    did atticus say there’d be a tour? if so, where?
    last year sometime, a fan met atticus in a subway and posted to discordance. they said he said they tour uk “next year”.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    last year sometime, a fan met atticus in a subway and posted to discordance. they said he said they tour uk “next year”.
    Plans can change. Maybe they got offered a scoring job that conflicted. Maybe they're actually working on new NIN. Maybe they just decided not to tour. TR has stated that 2022 was the end of the CBI tour and stage production. In my opinion, it doesn't really make sense for them to tour and create a new stage show until there is new music. As much as I enjoy NIN touring, I'd rather hear new music and not see them become a live act that just plays the old stuff. Given TR's statements to not tour as much, I don't see that happening anyway.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    but there was supposedly also a corroboration from Robin via one of those 1-to-1 personal video chat things he's involved with... although I seem to remember vague phrasing like "this is the plan for now" rather than a definitive confirmation.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Plans can change. Maybe they got offered a scoring job that conflicted. Maybe they're actually working on new NIN. Maybe they just decided not to tour. TR has stated that 2022 was the end of the CBI tour and stage production. In my opinion, it doesn't really make sense for them to tour and create a new stage show until there is new music. As much as I enjoy NIN touring, I'd rather hear new music and not see them become a live act that just plays the old stuff. Given TR's statements to not tour as much, I don't see that happening anyway.
    i don’t know why but i did hear halsey is making a new record. maybe it’s that.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Just saw a commercial for "The Beekeeper" that used HLAH but it was someone covering it. Definitely not NIN.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd be very surprised if they worked together again. I'm a fan of that record, but I just don't see TR/AR going back to do a second record with her, I think they'd both be more likely to go in different directions.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Just saw a commercial for "The Beekeeper" that used HLAH but it was someone covering it. Definitely not NIN.
    that trailer has been out since forever (I think I first saw it in theater before TNMT in August) and I think general consensus is that it's a generic trailer orchestrated cover (like they do for all songs now) but it uses TR's vocals from NIN studio version.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    that trailer has been out since forever (I think I first saw it in theater before TNMT in August) and I think general consensus is that it's a generic trailer orchestrated cover (like they do for all songs now) but it uses TR's vocals from NIN studio version.
    I haven't been to a movie theater since before COVID. One of the things that had to go being on a fixed income.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maybe Witchgang took precedence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess that most of people don't know Merzbow or Aube (RIP!) musical output XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If NIN ends up touring in 2024, fortune would be in my favor and the stars are aligned. Fuck I hope that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    but there was supposedly also a corroboration from Robin via one of those 1-to-1 personal video chat things he's involved with... although I seem to remember vague phrasing like "this is the plan for now" rather than a definitive confirmation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

I'm sure most people know this stuff, but for context, Hideo Kojima is a video game designer, most famously of the Metal Gear Solid series. At the recent video game awards, he walked on stage to Came Back Haunted. Since then people have been speculating that TRAR will score his next game.

EDIT: he just added this on Twitter:

Last edited by otnavuskire; 01-11-2024 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A24 and Kojima will produce a Death Stranding movie so that's where I'll put my bet on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Whatever this is, I want it so hard.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Really hope it’s a game I can play, want to immerse myself in a world scored by TRAR! It’s actually ludicrous they haven’t done a game score yet

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    “You’ve got to remember, I’m a massive Stone Roses fan,” Gallagher announces from across the table at a studio in Kentish Town, north London. “They were the ones who got me into [being in] a band, so I know the rhythms. It’s not like I’m singing Trent Reznor out of the fucking Nine Inch Nails, d’you know what I mean?”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...gher-interview