Page 6 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    wasn't there eraser rehearsal video in quicktime format on fragility-period nin.com?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ^ never saw one, just the one of "Just Like You Imagined."

they could never top the Self Destruct performance of "Eraser" (as on Closure). everything was just... right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is nin.com down for anyone else?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is just pure speculation, but does anyone think that the Deadmau5 remix of Survivalism has anything to do with the Year Zero television series? I can easily hear something like that being on television. He could have just done it for fun, but it's a 'Random NIN Question'...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Schwing!

(tencharacters)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Does anyone here know how many copies of the Closure VHS set were made? I've searched it and came up with nothing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    Does anyone here know how many copies of the Closure VHS set were made? I've searched it and came up with nothing.
    It was never a limited number, so I imagine the only way to know is to ask Interscope how many units it sold whilst in print.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    I'm still mad I saw a copy at FYE in High School but didn't get it because "I want to buy all the albums before I get the live stuff so I know the songs".
    :|
    Stupid...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Speaking of Closure, are any of the people who burned DVD copies still around? I'm happy to cover shipping and materials and whatnot, but the £17 copy on eBay is a bit too ridiculous, any my computer is currently being held together with duct tape.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^
    how does 12 USD total (incl. post.) sound to you? printed in colour, looks like like this:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So I was messing around with the ID3 tags on some tunes, and i fucked up the ones I had for the With Teeth rehearsals...although, they were a bit wonky on the files I have anyway.

The question I have, is that when I got these rehearsals, some were labelled as "With Teeth rehearsals" and "Beside You In Time rehearsals", all these totaling 35 tracks. Is it known if these are actually separate recordings? Also, was there an actual track listing for these? the numbering on these isn't actually the best either.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Briefly, the files dropped one by one in no particular order. Uploader hasn't mentioned exact dates, but people with keen ears said one session seems to date back to before 2005 tour started while another takes place before 2006 tour. The tags in those rehearsal tracks suggest they were taken from 4 separate CDs and the repeated songs were omitted (explanation to the one group being larger than others).
    Sorry for not providing exact listings, I personally hadn't kept the numbers on those files, as they don't quite form a continuous "album" to be listened to (IMHO)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, I like listening to the rehearsals (The Slip DVD rip included) on shuffle if I listen to them all at once anyway, there's clearly no intended cohesion.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Briefly, the files dropped one by one in no particular order. Uploader hasn't mentioned exact dates, but people with keen ears said one session seems to date back to before 2005 tour started while another takes place before 2006 tour. The tags in those rehearsal tracks suggest they were taken from 4 separate CDs and the repeated songs were omitted (explanation to the one group being larger than others).
    Sorry for not providing exact listings, I personally hadn't kept the numbers on those files, as they don't quite form a continuous "album" to be listened to (IMHO)
    I actually wanted to create my own track order of it, to simulate a live show. Did you already do that? have a recommended order I should put them in?

EDIT: I accidentally a word
    Last edited by Callahan; 07-25-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Guess I will have to look into that since I got 37 rehearsal tracks and 5 from that radio sessions they did covering Joy Division songs.

Will try and come up with a nice setlist today. God, how I wish these rehearsal-tracks would have been mastered like the ones on the BYIT and Slip DVDs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Guess I will have to look into that since I got 37 rehearsal tracks and 5 from that radio sessions they did covering Joy Division songs.

Will try and come up with a nice setlist today. God, how I wish these rehearsal-tracks would have been mastered like the ones on the BYIT and Slip DVDs.
    Do you have all the tracks from those radio sessions? Because the Joy Division day was the weakest of them all imo

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Do you have all the tracks from those radio sessions? Because the Joy Division day was the weakest of them all imo
    The weakest day was definitely the first one.
    Nnnnn hrrrrrrrrt mmmmself t'dayyyyyyyyyy... Peter Murphy should be banned from performing Hurt by the law.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Murphy's Hurt without Trent is far better, but I still think his is still brilliant.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

37 tracks?? hmm...which two am I missing? screen shot from my iTunes.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^^
    EDIETS, Getting Smaller

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    EDIETS, Getting Smaller
    well, shit...does anyone have those handy by chance? would love to get my hands on those!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    ^^ I imagine it's in the group of "40 Rehearsal Tracks" http://www.seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    there are only 3 JD-rehearsal songs the other 2 are just "intermissions", my bad.

dead souls
    atmosphere
    24 hours

warsaw is missing, but played during the actual radio session.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The weakest day was definitely the first one.
    Nnnnn hrrrrrrrrt mmmmself t'dayyyyyyyyyy... Peter Murphy should be banned from performing Hurt by the law.
    It's my favorite since I was there but you're right they kept getting better with each one.

My husband has often compared Murphy's hurt to songs by crash test dummies. :-/ mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    thinking back to when trent tweedted about test-diving new htda album... anybody know what he drives? I'm trying to picture him cruising mulholland, but can't imagine what car he's got.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    thinking back to when trent tweedted about test-diving new htda album... anybody know what he drives? I'm trying to picture him cruising mulholland, but can't imagine what car he's got.
    Last time he mentioned it in an interview, it was a Porsche 911 I think - but I don't think that car has room for 2 kids, so he's probably got a more sensible one now :P

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I remember hearing he had a Carrera GT in 2006, I'd imagine that's gone by now though (if, indeed, it was true - pretty big gap from a 911).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I remember hearing he had a Carrera GT in 2006, I'd imagine that's gone by now though (if, indeed, it was true - pretty big gap from a 911).
    carrera gts are sick, i remember getting the chance to sit in one at a jaguar dealership in minneapolis, probably the most expensive thing ive ever been in. anyways, good to hear TR is a porsche fan, ive always loved them too. Especially the 959 and 80's era 911s

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Last time he mentioned it in an interview, it was a Porsche 911 I think - but I don't think that car has room for 2 kids, so he's probably got a more sensible one now :P
    *imagines Is Your Love Strong Enough? blaring out of a soccer mom minivan*