Page 206 of 216 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just tried to listen to the Underneath It All podcast and can't get it to play anywhere, tried Apple and other places - has this been discontinued?
    Most of the episodes are on archive.org:
    https://archive.org/details/podcast_...inch_721681606

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is the venue where NIN were supposed to play Cleveland 2021 shows (Jacobs Pavilion) perhaps the same one as they already played in 1994? Listed back then as Nautica Stage at the Cleveland Flats?

https://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19940830.html

I never connected the dots until I actually listened to the recording, and there is a banter where TR thanks the Lord for 'not raining on them today too' (and it's the second show of the two they did there), which means it was an outdoor show

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is the venue where NIN were supposed to play Cleveland 2021 shows (Jacobs Pavilion) perhaps the same one as they already played in 1994? Listed back then as Nautica Stage at the Cleveland Flats?

I never connected the dots until I actually listened to the recording, and there is a banter where TR thanks the Lord for 'not raining on them today too' (and it's the second show of the two they did there), which means it was an outdoor show
    What a set list arrangement! Hurt mid way through the set and closing with Dead Souls into I Do Not Want This, with Ruiner thrown in a few songs back for good measure!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Yes, Nautica Stage and Jacobs Pavilion are the same venue. I am unsure what changes have occured in 23 years (I saw Slipknot there in 1999), but it is a part of the Nautica Entertainment Complex:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...s_at_jaco.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    About a year ago someone online made a video for Less Than that was recent clips of US news footage, I cant find the video anywhere - does anyone remember this and know where to find it?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is the static noise sample between Pinion and Mr Self Destruct (1994/95 shows) the same one as the one between The Great Destroyer and Burning Bright (2017/18)?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    About a year ago someone online made a video for Less Than that was recent clips of US news footage, I cant find the video anywhere - does anyone remember this and know where to find it?
    It was made my MeidasTouch. It's on their channel:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is there a speculation thread for new music? I'm not seeing one - but with dates being added everyday it really seems like just a matter of time before new music in some form is announced.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is the static noise sample between Pinion and Mr Self Destruct (1994/95 shows) the same one as the one between The Great Destroyer and Burning Bright (2017/18)?
    Holy shit you may be on to something. They sound almost identical to me. Someone who knows what they're doing, can you clip and compare the 2 samples and see if they're identical? If they are great fucking catch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    Hey guys, long time no see. I remember someone here showed his MOTP CD single which has no art on the disc. He/she even uploaded a YT video to show that the CD contains the songs. Does anyone remember this story?

Yesterday I bought a Queen CD which has the same issue. Haven't found anything on Discogs or elsewhere. Thanks! And good to be back.
    Anyone?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What do you guys say when you refer to "999,999"? Do you actually say "Nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine" or something else? Saying that is so obnoxious. I just call it "Nines."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    What do you guys say when you refer to "999,999"? Do you actually say "Nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine" or something else? Saying that is so obnoxious. I just call it "Nines."
    I just sat "nine" nine times

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This is paradoxical question since this is the first time that this track has ever been brought up in conversation any time, by anyone, across any medium.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Do you actually say "Nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine" or something else?
    "The intro to 1,000,000" is what I would say.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This is paradoxical question since this is the first time that this track has ever been brought up in conversation any time, by anyone, across any medium.
    Umad

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I just sat "nine" nine times
    What are the three extra 9s for?

I’ve never said it out loud, but I’d probably opt for “a million minus one”.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What are the three extra 9s for?

I’ve never said it out loud, but I’d probably opt for “a million minus one”.
    Beats the hell out of me, I meant to say six times. Maybe my dyslexia? I even had a typo too, man what an awful post by me. I was very stoned at the time so I'm sure that had something to do with it too.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I actually DO really dig that track/intro thing, and DO bring it up, oddly enough.
    @klyrish this is funny, because i DO actually say nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine, but now that i think about it, i say it sort of quickly and in an exasperated manner.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Beats the hell out of me, I meant to say six times. Maybe my dyslexia? I even had a typo too, man what an awful post by me. I was very stoned at the time so I'm sure that had something to do with it too.
    lmao

I was thinking of that Simpsons episode where Homer adds all those B’s in BBBQ. “What’s that B for?” “That’s a typo.”

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lmao

I was thinking of that Simpsons episode where Homer adds all those B’s in BBBQ. “What’s that B for?” “That’s a typo.”
    Homer's BBBQ... What's the extra B for?

BYOBB.

What's THAT extra B for?

That's a typo.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Do you actually say "Nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine"
    I do actually say this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Here's a weird one. Why on earth is Trent credited on this song?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Here's a weird one. Why on earth is Trent credited on this song?

Just sounds like they sampled the final 4 notes from Right Where It Belongs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Just sounds like they sampled the final 4 notes from Right Where It Belongs.
    Good catch. I think you're right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been meaning to ask this for almost five years, since the 2017 tour:

What, exactly, is the instrument that Atticus plays on tour? It seems to be some sort of sequencer or sampler and not an EDM DJ set. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of synth but not quite a keyboard synth. This is one of the only closeups of it I could find.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this for almost five years, since the 2017 tour:

What, exactly, is the instrument that Atticus plays on tour? It seems to be some sort of sequencer or sampler and not an EDM DJ set. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of synth but not quite a keyboard synth. This is one of the only closeups of it I could find.
    That shot kinda swoops into his setup there, so you get a little bit better view of the stuff. I can make out:

Korg Kaoss Pad (dunno which one)
    Native Instruments Maschine MKII (it was between this one or the plus)
    Livid CNTRL:R
    An iPad Pro? (sure I'm just not seeing this correctly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question about a Trent Reznor track of unknown origin and title. It is dialog between a man and a woman that sounds at first like sex talk between the devil and a woman and then like sex talk between a female angel and a man. It may be a collaboration with another artist and it could be an outro or intro or hidden track. It was playing somewhere once and the only information I have is that it was Trent Reznor. Thanks for your help! If I have posted in the wrong place please let me know!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joanstrother95@gmail.com View Post
    I have a question about a Trent Reznor track of unknown origin and title. It is dialog between a man and a woman that sounds at first like sex talk between the devil and a woman and then like sex talk between a female angel and a man. It may be a collaboration with another artist and it could be an outro or intro or hidden track. It was playing somewhere once and the only information I have is that it was Trent Reznor. Thanks for your help! If I have posted in the wrong place please let me know!
    maybe it’s the queen cover ? get down make love

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy shit I think this is the 1st time that I have ever seen Trent sing the chorus to Gave Up, I never knew he ever did that live. Should have it queued up correctly. Have there been any other times he has done this?