Page 151 of 216 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is TF Intrumental still up there on Apple music? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Any other way to get hold of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also curious as to why TF and WT instrumentals aren't on Apple Music anymore. Anybody have any idea about it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what a TF vinyl is worth these days? I've never really been into collecting vinyls but I got an offer that seems pretty interesting.

On the other hand, when the TF deluxe edition is going to eventually (hopefully?) drop some day, I guess the original TF vinyls will be pretty worthless, right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Discogs stats (only relevant for that site since it opened the store):
    US

• Lowest:

CA$293.57
    • Median:

CA$368.63
    • Highest:

CA$428.96

UK

• Lowest:

CA$184.10
    • Median:

CA$261.24
    • Highest:

CA$334.73

EU

• Lowest:

CA$212.55
    • Median:

CA$324.32
    • Highest:

CA$427.67

eBay probably goes all over the place, but it would also have moved TF vinyl traffic longer than Discogs. I bought mine through eBay in 2003-4ish for CA$80.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks! I could buy it for around 130€, A- condition I'd say. Seems to be a pretty good deal.

Hmmm!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sheeit! I have my original pressing of TF on vinyl barely played. I also have all three of TPD promo vinyls, last time I looked, they were going for a fair bit too.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    vinyls

10 charac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Totally random, but as a non native english speaker, I always had curiosity about one thing:
    How do you guys say NIN?

do you go

"ann eye ann"

"neen"

or

"nah-een"

In Brazil, at least, we say "neen" because our "I" does not sound like "eye" but more like "ee"

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_OAK View Post
    In Brazil, at least, we say "neen" because our "I" does not sound like "eye" but more like "ee"
    Same in Russian, only with short "i" ("nin")

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I pronounce it pretty much how it's spelled: n-sound + in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    double post. delete.
    Last edited by mqhanlon; 12-04-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Unfortunately, that was part of Radio Nothing, which was the label folk asking if they could embrace and extend our idea, nine months after we'd launched nothingradio.net. (long story) When you uploaded MP3s to Live365, it was a one-way-process. You had no way to download files that were uploaded to the radio station, you could only stream them back. You had to upload at specific quality levels, too, so don't expect to find that file at anything higher than 128kbps.
    So, evidently all I had to do to find The Mechanic was to dig through some CDrs that I had buried in the garage. I don't know how or why, but I had an mp3 of it from about 15 years ago. It has about 4 seconds of corruption on it, but it's at 192kbps. And it's... pretty boring. (Sorry that this isn't incredibly on topic.)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_OAK View Post
    Totally random, but as a non native english speaker, I always had curiosity about one thing:
    How do you guys say NIN?

do you go

"ann eye ann"

"neen"

or

"nah-een"

NEEN? NIN?

I say N-I-N. Like I read the letters.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 12-04-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    NEEN? NIN?

I say N-I-N. Like I read the letters.
    finally, we agree on something!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    finally, we agree on something!
    I say it with a short i. Like "Ninn". You could call the Genre "Nindustrial Rock" if you pronounce it that way. ;P

But seriously is there no known case of the man himself using the short form? That would pretty much solve our question. Anyone have an audio/video file of an interview or something?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I say it with a short i. Like "Ninn". You could call the Genre "Nindustrial Rock" if you pronounce it that way. ;P

But seriously is there no known case of the man himself using the short form? That would pretty much solve our question. Anyone have an audio/video file of an interview or something?
    Go to 43 seconds in this interview video. Same way as I say it, the word "in" but with an "n" in front. Also in the iPhone app overview video they made, Rob says it the same way a bunch of times in front of TR.

Last edited by blassster; 12-04-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Go to 43 seconds in this interview video. Same way as I say it, the word "in" but with an "n" in front. Also in the iPhone app overview video they made, Rob says it the same way a bunch of times in front of TR.

that saddens me

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Saying the letters defeats the entire purpose of the acronym since it ends up being the same amount of syllables as just saying the actual band name

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Saying the letters defeats the entire purpose of the acronym since it ends up being the same amount of syllables as just saying the actual band name
    the acronym is mainly for abbreviating the written form - not the spoken form. example Stone Temple Pilots: STP

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Of course the acronym is mainly for when it's being written down but if you're going to read it aloud you might as well just say the full name if you're going to verbally read each letter. It sounds clunky, odd and unnecessarily committed to pure technical accuracy without caring about linguistic flow or conciseness to say "N-I-N" rather than just saying "Nine Inch Nails" or "nin".

Holy fuck I can't believe we're having these conversations, we really do need something new to argue to about, cmon trent pls

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    So does anyone spell EDIETS as idiots then?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think most people just say "nine inch nails". Can only speak for my own encounters, but very rarely do I hear people saying it as "ninn".

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I recall posting a pic of the Ren and Stimpy "EEDIOT!" thing not too long ago. These acronyms can be tiring at times.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    No but it sounds like some Internet dieting Webpage to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post

GREAT! Thanks. Also thanks for everyone that answered.

Fun Fact: among Brazilian fans, it is most common to say "nin" than it is to say nine inch nails. At least between the ones I know

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Guys, guys. NIN is an acronym, and acronyms are pronounced as words. Anyone saying en-eye-en are treating it as an Initialism (like we do for the song titles). And considering the standing practice of song titles being initialisms, it makes most sense to say NIN is the band and en-eye-en is Now I'm Nothing.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    And considering the standing practice of song titles being initialisms, it makes most sense to say NIN is the band and en-eye-en is Now I'm Nothing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Guys, guys. NIN is an acronym, and acronyms are pronounced as words. Anyone saying en-eye-en are treating it as an Initialism (like we do for the song titles). And considering the standing practice of song titles being initialisms, it makes most sense to say NIN is the band and en-eye-en is Now I'm Nothing.
    I remember in middle school before I had gotten into NIN, seeing people with the "now im nothing" shirts on and thinking thats what NIN must have stood for.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anybody know where I could get my hands on the With Teeth instrumental album without having to have an Apple Music account?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Anybody know where I could get my hands on the With Teeth instrumental album without having to have an Apple Music account?
    Apple Music stuff here

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I haven't been following the official websites lately. When was the Official NIN Forum officially shut down?