Page 122 of 216 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Is anyone else irrationally irritated that TDS live performances had The Only Time version of Closer done, instead of the album version, basically playing an alternate version of the album? This is so terrifically pedantic and just an obscure complaint but goddamn I've felt genuinely annoyed every time I give Webster Hall a listen. I feel like the definitive "NIN fan who wants perfection more perfect" guy right now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Is anyone else irrationally irritated that TDS live performances had The Only Time version of Closer done, instead of the album version, basically playing an alternate version of the album? This is so terrifically pedantic and just an obscure complaint but goddamn I've felt genuinely annoyed every time I give Webster Hall a listen. I feel like the definitive "NIN fan who wants perfection more perfect" guy right now.
    But what is the album version? Original CD, CD-J, Remaster, 5.1 mix? Or the vinyl's slightly changed track fades? I like the idea that a definitive live version would be different to a definitive studio version, it gives more reason to experience the live iteration.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    But what is the album version? Original CD, CD-J, Remaster, 5.1 mix? Or the vinyl's slightly changed track fades? I like the idea that a definitive live version would be different to a definitive studio version, it gives more reason to experience the live iteration.
    Thank you so much for helping make me feel less irritated by something so trivial.

Really it's just a matter of wishing they'd do the original instrumental section again, best part of the song as far as I'm concerned and while I love TOT added in, it'd be cool for them to have done it the way they did for all of TDS and TF tours for that occasion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What if, after we go to sleep tonight, we all suddenly wake up at the next NIN concert? And we're in the crowd waiting... And then out comes this old bearded man in a wheelchair... wheeling his way to the mic to start the show... and it's Trent! LMFAO! Then, in a panic, you ask someone what year it is and they look at you all strange (in that hostile/snobby NIN fan kinda way), before matter-of-factly replying: "2039. Duh."

How would you react?
    Last edited by nineinchnerd; 08-07-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey guys, remember that tour where on www.nin.com there was a banner with a picture of the city in which the band was going to play (typically a photo of a well known landmark) with the NIN logo on top of the photo? Do you know if I could find an archived website with those pictures? I tried looking around with no luck. Thanks in advance!

(www.portraitofdecay.com does not seem to be working).
    Last edited by cahernandez; 08-07-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wonder what Trent thinks of the new Dre album?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    I hope he thinks it sucks, because it's BAD.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hasn't Dr Dre only released like 2 or 3 albums in his career?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Compton is Dre's 3rd solo album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Compton is Dre's 3rd solo album.
    But he's been extremely prolific as a producer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Dr...on_discography

until 2008 anyway. That must be when he was working on the 5th through 12th versions of Detox.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yup. and about 10 albums that he scrapped halfway into recording

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    There’s a chance that the Compton album may inspire Trent to once again reexamine and reinvent his own sound with nin. Maybe in his next album we’ll know him as The Notorious Cleveland G, T.R.E. ……….nt, in the new nin album - Cleveland. Whad'ya think, would it fly?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

This is an old question but I missed out on the Year Zero stuff so I must ask; What was up with the grey, button up shirts, suit pants and ties NIN members wore at some of the concerts? What did it mean? Was their a definite explanation behind the clothing?

Also, does anyone have a comprehensive year zero content collection? I'm not really talking music and remix's, but more like all the weird websites, phone numbers, spectrographs and such from the ARG..?
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 08-14-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Also, does anyone have a comprehensive year zero content collection? I'm not really talking music and remix's, but more like all the weird websites, phone numbers, spectrographs and such from the ARG..?
    Year Zero Research — NinWiki

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Breakfast sausage

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why do you think Trent didn't put the Twilight Zone sample on the album version of All The Love In The World on With Teeth but appears in the Deep Cuts online playlist version and the With Teeth instrumentals on Apple Music?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Why do you think Trent didn't put the Twilight Zone sample on the album version of All The Love In The World on With Teeth but appears in the Deep Cuts online playlist version and the With Teeth instrumentals on Apple Music?
    Most likely because they would have had to pay royalties to put it on an album for sale. The Deep Cuts and Instruments were/are free.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    licensing rights?

edit: @RJK beat me to it and with more detail

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    To jump in - you're allowed free sampling of some sources, including TV, but only very short amounts. The sample outruns that, which is also why the sample from Midnight Express is missing in PHM-R.

But considering he's since used it twice, I'm certain he prefers it that way, so I now consider it the prime version.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If Trent did another nin album, but made it exclusive through Apple-iTunes, no physical release, would that be a issue to you? Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    If Trent did another nin album, but made it exclusive through Apple-iTunes, no physical release, would that be a issue to you? Any thoughts?
    The majority of us love physical releases.
    Personally, I can't see Trent doing that unless he has completely given up on music consumers. He has mentioned many times how much he loves sitting down with the physical album, looking at the artwork and through the booklet. I know a lot of NIN fans feel the same way, to the point of collecting multiple versions of each Halo.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yes, in a big fucking way.

First, format-exclusive releases are always shitty (format being iTunes here). There are countries where iTunes is unavailable, people unable to use it due to not having a card (or being too young to own a card). Plus iTunes has limited formats and has controversial terms of services that many people avoid even if they could use it.
    Second, digital only sucks. It makes sense for minor releases, or for artists who can't afford the downpayment for a physical release, but for TR/NIN, it's not only cutting out part of the fanbase who still love and use physical media, it's also showing that the album is of less value, and not as legitimate (like how Remix 2014 EP isn't compared to "proper" remix albums). Also, digital only gives it a shelf life. It will only be available as long as that service exists, which may cut out later fans if/when iTunes goes away.
    Third, it would create a lot of backlash from fans who are already saying he's "sold out" by working for Apple, probably losing him a lot of sales.

I don't use iTunes, from choice, and can't use Apple Music from theirs. I don't use digital download for releases unless it's a small artist that isn't having any other kind of release. I live entirely in the realm of physical media, and to be digital download (or worse, streaming) only would be a big kick in the teeth. If Trent doesn't want to release on cassette anymore, that makes sense. If his CD and vinyl sales were at nil so he went digital only (which, you know, they aren't considering the price his vinyl still goes for) then fine, but format exclusivity is a shitty thing and would ruin many fans' experience and ability to legally get it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Pretty much agree with both above posts. I was just curious as to peoples thoughts on the possibility of a nin exclusive. Look at Dr Dre’s new album, which is an Apple-Itunes exclusive. Whether or not you like Dre and his music aside, it’s being reported that already Compton has been streamed 25 million times, and has sold half a million downloads on iTunes. That’s not too shabby for an exclusive album right out of the gate. I just wondered with Trent also being invested in Apple, if he were to follow suit, how that would be received by others. Personally, I’d be happy for a new nin album, but I’m not sure how I’d feel about being forced into a music service to get it. I’m probably just being paranoid about nothing anyway. I really don’t think he would do it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Pretty much agree with both above posts. I was just curious as to peoples thoughts on the possibility of a nin exclusive. Look at Dr Dre’s new album, which is an Apple-Itunes exclusive. Whether or not you like Dre and his music aside, it’s being reported that already Compton has been streamed 25 million times, and has sold half a million downloads on iTunes. That’s not too shabby for an exclusive album right out of the gate. I just wondered with Trent also being invested in Apple, if he were to follow suit, how that would be received by others. Personally, I’d be happy for a new nin album, but I’m not sure how I’d feel about being forced into a music service to get it. I’m probably just being paranoid about nothing anyway. I really don’t think he would do it.
    Really hope Welcome to Compton isn't iTunes exclusive, because then that vinyl I preordered ain't coming :P

Digitally exclusive to iTunes ain't the same as pure exclusivity!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Really hope Welcome to Compton isn't iTunes exclusive, because then that vinyl I preordered ain't coming :P

Digitally exclusive to iTunes ain't the same as pure exclusivity!
    Good call. Nice to see it’s format is being expanded to a physical. Will it get a CD also?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Good call. Nice to see it’s format is being expanded to a physical. Will it get a CD also?
    No idea I'm afraid, hopefully though for the CD users out there

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The Compton vinyl is the only thing in the official store at the moment. First 150 copies autographed, no release date currently.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    There was a fan comic that portrayed Trent and Tori Amos as a couple and evil Courtney Love who would try to split them up. What was its name?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I think it was called Tori And Trent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Would you consider TPD (the halo) a single or a remix EP? Considering the domestic version doesn't carry the studio version, and it's called "The Perfect Drug Versions", I'm kinda feeling like I should label it a remix EP, but as it's only for one song...