Page 95 of 216 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I'm arguing with people who think Hesitation Marks is one of TR's best works....I rest my case..
    I've heard people say 'best since Fragile' about the album which I agree with (oh and so did you if I remember rightly) but you're making the rest up just to be a troll

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've heard people say 'best since Fragile' about the album which I agree with (oh and so did you if I remember rightly) but you're making the rest up just to be a troll
    best since the Fragile isnt saying much.......I dont remember ever agreeing with that statement, as I think YZ is far superior

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think YZ is far superior
    But bruh, I know you're a TR apologist and everything he touches is gold, but the reality is that YZ tanked. It's not highly regarded by anyone except the ultimate diehards who would jack off over a record of TR burping into a mic for 60 minutes while banging on a garbage can.

(...that's what I heard, anyway.)

In all seriousness, what does recommending HM to non-fans have to do with it being the best? It just means it's the best for that job. And no one here is a TR ball-licker. I love Hesitation Marks. I also think Broken is a turd sandwich (with a nice HIS/Gave Up middle) and that With Teeth should have been called Bland Rock (except for ATLITW and BYIT). The only one here with rose-coloured glasses on is Bill, and those glasses are pointed at, oh, 1992-1996.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fragile got decimated by the media and HM gets praised...just further proof how clueless music critics are
    Are you sure it got decimated by the media? Except pitchfork I thought it was liked but was expected to do better commercially after the Downward Spiral. It's too old for metacritic sadly

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    We are arguing with a guy who uses "mediocore" in a sentence, guys...

Y U FACEPLAMS ME
    Last edited by Khrz; 11-05-2014 at 04:54 AM. Reason: moar drifting

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's one serious flaw with nin records and introducing new people: lack of pictures of actual musicians on album art. And the colour palette isn't too rich either

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Y U FACEPLAMS ME
    Because a typo is hardly reason to disagree with someone
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    There's one serious flaw with nin records and introducing new people: lack of pictures of actual musicians on album art. And the colour palette isn't too rich either
    All the more reason to go for TS, there's a whole two people on it!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    I thought 99-cent album sales didn't count on the Billboard chart. Or is that only when they are new?
    It's a sale... I'm not sure why it wouldn't count. But I trust what Billboard says about its own charts.

"Queens of the Stone Age, Songs for the Deaf - No. 40 – Thanks to a 99-cent limited time sale price in the Google Play store, the 14-year old album re-enters the list with a 3,221 percent sales gain, and its best sales week (8,000) since 2003."

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Because a typo is hardly reason to disagree with someone
    Oh shit, I really thought he used "mediocore" to define the album's style, a portmanteau word meaning "hardcore mediocre" which probably only made sense/existed in my head...

Apologies Bill, I'm the moron.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Are you sure it got decimated by the media? Except pitchfork I thought it was liked but was expected to do better commercially after the Downward Spiral. It's too old for metacritic sadly
    http://www.nme.com/reviews//1441

NME wasnt a fan either....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    http://www.nme.com/reviews//1441

NME wasnt a fan either....
    NME gave the Downward Spiral 4/10 but recently included it in a list of seminal 1994 albums, all they do is big up the most boring 'indie' rock bands. They gave HM 8/10 though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If I remember right, papers and blogs in cool places (London, Chicago) have a 'seen it all' attitude re: this band. If one already got Boyd Rice or Throbbing Gristle before PHM, rather than vice-versa, then you dislike NIN.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    If I remember right, papers and blogs in cool places (London, Chicago) have a 'seen it all' attitude re: this band. If one already got Boyd Rice or Throbbing Gristle before PHM, rather than vice-versa, then you dislike NIN.
    That attitude is pompous but understandable if applied consistently, but NME were obsessed with Oasis whose Beatles influence was hardly subtle, they even had the same hairstyles FFS. And a lot of the Britpop bands were also very retro. So why should they single out NIN for that 'already been done' attitude?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good question. It should be posed to them. NIN has aged considerably better than Oasis, duh

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    http://www.nme.com/reviews/3649

their review of Things Falling Apart is priceless....

"Slagging off this record, however, will only feed Reznor's paranoia. It could even encourage him to make another one. A 10/10"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    There's one serious flaw with nin records and introducing new people: lack of pictures of actual musicians on album art.
    I've always wondered why there's so much emphasis on a musician's appearance in album art and in newspaper or magazine articles. My reaction, no matter what they look like, is always just: "so what? Why should I give a fuck about you? Your hairstyle tells me nothing about your music." If anything, it makes me irritated that the publication thinks a portrait photo should make me care about an artist.

Russell Mills and Mark Romanek will show you infinitely more about The Downward Spiral than the length of Trent's sideburns.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    It's a sale... I'm not sure why it wouldn't count. But I trust what Billboard says about its own charts.

"Queens of the Stone Age, Songs for the Deaf - No. 40 – Thanks to a 99-cent limited time sale price in the Google Play store, the 14-year old album re-enters the list with a 3,221 percent sales gain, and its best sales week (8,000) since 2003."
    Thanks for the reference. Billboard added a rule that it'd only count album sales if they cost at least $3.49, basically right after Lady Gaga sold 400,000 copies of her album for $1 or so in 2011. That rule must only apply to albums when they are new or to albums coming out after the rule change or something like that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maybe I missed it somewhere else and I didn't watch it earlier either (don't feel like catching it right now- you can apparently view the whole thing via link) but anyone got the NIN specific highlights of today's Q&A?...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @Krazy Yeah, none. I didn't pay that much attention (sadly it was kinda boring) but I'm pretty sure there weren't any interesting NIN questions at all.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    @Krazy Yeah, none. I didn't pay that much attention (sadly it was kinda boring) but I'm pretty sure there weren't any interesting NIN questions at all.
    Thankfully, I'm sick of score interviews being 50% NIN

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Thankfully, I'm sick of score interviews being 50% NIN
    To be fair Billboard noted on the link it wasn't just a score interview/Q&A and mentioned "also their work with NIN", or something to that effect.

And frankly these score interviews/sessions have long been redundant. "For TSN we had music written up before seeing the scenes... I like the Oscars more than the Grammys... David Fincher was motivated by Asian massage parlor music for GG... BLAH, blah, blah..."

I understand any person getting interviewed can become the same cycle of regurgitated questions but he's mentioned working on new NIN recently- I think anyone would find that more interesting to discuss than hearing the same Q&A's for their scoring for the billionth time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I understand any person getting interviewed can become the same cycle of regurgitated questions but he's mentioned working on new NIN recently- I think anyone would find that more interesting to discuss than hearing the same Q&A's for their scoring for the billionth time.
    Maybe in a NIN interview. This is a chance to ask about NBK, Quake and One Hour Photo, it's a chance to ask about future scores, for TR and AR (Atticus managed to not mention the three scores he has coming out but that's not the interviewers' fault to be fair). Yes the same old shit is boring, but ask score-specific questions, not NIN stuff which is, technically, unrelated.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maybe in a NIN interview. This is a chance to ask about NBK, Quake and One Hour Photo, it's a chance to ask about future scores, for TR and AR (Atticus managed to not mention the three scores he has coming out but that's not the interviewers' fault to be fair). Yes the same old shit is boring, but ask score-specific questions, not NIN stuff which is, technically, unrelated.
    Don't shoot the messenger...

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross will talk about their work on the score for David Fincher's Gone Girl, Reznor's work with Nine Inch Nails and more

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6304554/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-billboard-hollywood-reporter-film-and-tv-conference-keynote-qa-livestream

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    ... My reaction, no matter what they look like, is always just: "so what? Why should I give a fuck about you? Your hairstyle tells me nothing about your music." If anything, it makes me irritated that the publication thinks a portrait photo should make me care about an artist...
    You have valid points, hands down, however...
    let me ask you about this back cover from that one U2 tribute album:

you'd be crazy not to admit something feels wrong about this particular piece of design

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The picture in With Teeth seemed dated about two months after the album came out (or maybe even two months BEFORE the album came out), so I'm really glad Trent usually stays away from that.

On the other hand, The Slip cover photo is badass. That's how you incorporate a band photo into your artwork.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    The picture in With Teeth seemed dated about two months after the album came out (or maybe even two months BEFORE the album came out), so I'm really glad Trent usually stays away from that.

I'd like to buy a round of drinks* to whoever was responsible for TR getting rid of that early era WT emo haircut, and talked him into the buzzed head- crazy how much better he looks that way.

* if it was Trent himself I guess an iced latte would have to suffice

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I kinda wish Trent would grow his hair back out...maybe to Fragile-era length (or Fragility tour-era length).

Also, Billy Corgan too...tired of the bald thing with him. Plus, it would be a shock...as that's all anyone knows about BC it seems (post-Siamese Dream). And hell, why not add a beard too--makes things interesting (see link below).

http://glittercop.blogspot.com/2009/...sounds-of.html

At the end of the day, I don't care what they look like...as long as the music's good.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    At a show where Alessandro is playing later. Right now, he is standing a few feet away from me, watching the group that is on before him. Is it rude as fuck for me to say hi?

HOW DO I SOCIALIZE

I don't want to seem like an asshole..

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Break the ice by asking what Trent is actually saying in The Eater of Dreams.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    He's chatting with friends now. Opportunity has been missed. Hah.