Page 87 of 215 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 6437

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The Get Down, Make Love cover was produced by Al Jourgensen. The "yes" part which occurs after the spoken word intro sounds a lot like Al, too. Is that him?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    The Get Down, Make Love cover was produced by Al Jourgensen. The "yes" part which occurs after the spoken word intro sounds a lot like Al, too. Is that him?
    No, it's still part of the sample from the film

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is the premiere date of "Gone Girl" soundtrack known already?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Nope.

Probably late September.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is anything actually said in Pilgrimage? or is it just yelling and chanting?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echoplex31 View Post
    is anything actually said in Pilgrimage? or is it just yelling and chanting?
    can't say i've ever heard lyrics — it's all the same type of wordless vocalizations used on stuff like "Just Like You Imagined" and so on (although i'm pretty sure JLYI actually has the words of its title whispered with enormous delay effects right when the drums and bass come in... you can hear it better on the AATCHB 5.1 mix).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fumbled around the interwebs this afternoon and found the following blurb on Bowie's site http://www.davidbowie.com/bio
    In January 1997, he celebrated his fiftieth birthday with an all-star performance at New York’s Madison Square Garden. He was joined on stage by old friends Lou Reed, Sonic Youth, Robert Smith, Billy Corgan, Foo Fighters and Frank Black, all of whom played and sang with David to make it one of his most memorable shows. Then he was off once again on a world tour that stormed over fifteen headlining festivals, countless theaters and clubs, and finished with a stadium tour of South America with Nine Inch Nails and No Doubt.
    I'm guessing this is an error as NIN weren't touring in 1997, but does anyone know for sure?

The timeframe would put this at the end of Bowie's EARTHLING tour at the following dates:
    31 October 1997 in Curitiba
    1 November 1997 in Sao Paulo
    2 November 1997 in Rio de Janeiro
    5 November 1997 in Santiago
    7 November 1997 in Buenos Aires

No Doubt's tour history page http://www.nodoubt.com/tour/archive/1997 confirms they were there.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Trent has, from onstage, referred to the time they toured together as 1997, but I think he's mistaken. The co-headlining dates were all in 1995. However, the full remix EP and video for "I'm Afraid of Americans" didn't drop until late '97. Maybe there were plans for more shows together afterwards, but they never happened.
    Last edited by botley; 09-01-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    isn't the "greatest hits" album supposed to release this year?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wasnt the Fragile re-release supposed to come out in 2009?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Saw a vinyl called the Pretty Hate Machine Sessions at a shop today. 39$ sealed. Looks like Purest Feeling tracklisting. Anyone know anything about it?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ Well, I know it's an illegal bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Wasnt the Fragile re-release supposed to come out in 2009?
    No, there has never been a release date announced.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    No, there has never been a release date announced.
    Oh, my bad. I was a year off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, I just saw this video for the first time:

This has to be the most intense performance of The Fragile I've ever seen. In the breakdown section he's actually tearing up and doesn't seem to be able to sing properly. I'm just blown away.

Do any of you guys know any other videos of NIN performances which are similarly intense?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    So, I just saw this video for the first time:

This has to be the most intense performance of The Fragile I've ever seen. In the breakdown section he's actually tearing up and doesn't seem to be able to sing properly. I'm just blown away.

Do any of you guys know any other videos of NIN performances which are similarly intense?
    Man that was a great show. My first road trip for a concert.

This also reminds me that they haven't played The Fragile since Wave Goodbye and it won't be on the upcoming Blu-ray

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I think there was a performance of Something I Can Never Have circa 1994 where Trent burst to tears during the last part of the song.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I think there was a performance of Something I Can Never Have circa 1994 where Trent burst to tears during the last part of the song.
    Pretty sure that was the UK Forum show that the soundboard recording came from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does anybody know what performance this gif is from? http://loopcloses.tumblr.com/post/91311466517

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    does anybody know what performance this gif is from? http://loopcloses.tumblr.com/post/91311466517
    I would suggest sending the guy who runs it a message, always helpful (and a good blog)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I would suggest sending the guy who runs it a message, always helpful (and a good blog)
    ok, how would i found out who runs the page?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    ok, how would i found out who runs the page?
    You don't need to. It's a tumblr blog, so just send a message at http://loopcloses.tumblr.com/ask

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It's from Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What's the song at 5:00? Says it's a remix but of what?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...0C905B35D16143

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    remix of “head down”, the song from previous nin album - https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails/head-down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anybody remember how the Ghosts orders were fulfilled/who fulfilled them/where you could download your files from? I'm trying to download the original ALAC file with the individual track artwork, but I can't find ANY of my purchase information anywhere, and nin.com doesn't seem to have order history that goes back that far.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Does anybody remember how the Ghosts orders were fulfilled/who fulfilled them/where you could download your files from? I'm trying to download the original ALAC file with the individual track artwork, but I can't find ANY of my purchase information anywhere, and nin.com doesn't seem to have order history that goes back that far.
    Originally, I had just went through and added individual track art manually. I believe I got them from ninwiki.com (I would check for you, but ninwiki.com seems to be fucking up right now...which has become a common occurrence, it seems. ).

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    It looks like it was fulfilled directly through store.nin.com themselves. Here's the e-mail I received:

Subject: Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I-IV download link
    Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:28:16 -0800

Thank you for purchasing Ghosts I-IV. To download your files, click on the link below and follow the instructions on the download page carefully. If the link below is not clickable, copy it and paste it into your web browser's address bar.

http://store.nin.com/download/order?id=.......
    I tried the link and it does not work anymore, so I guess it's no longer available. Your best bet is to simply download them from various P2P sources. Ghosts is Creative Commons, so no copyright laws would be broken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It looks like it was fulfilled directly through store.nin.com themselves. Here's the e-mail I received:

I tried the link and it does not work anymore, so I guess it's no longer available. Your best bet is to simply download them from various P2P sources. Ghosts is Creative Commons, so no copyright laws would be broken.
    Thanks for that info. I'm trying to get it through torrents, but nobody's seeding I may just go through and do the individual tracks like @pinata89 suggested. That's really the only reason I want the original download, and I was getting irritated with the fact that I was having such trouble accessing something I paid for. Not cool.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Two random questions:

1) When Trent was leaking YZ tracks, didn't someone who found one end up getting sued by the record label? Just curious if anyone knows if that ended up having a happy ending - it sure didn't seem to be headed that way last I saw, which was years and years ago.

2) Speaking of old news: just curious what happened to that supposed old footage that a user claimed to have unearthed, only to eventually be told we should "probably just forget this thread ever happened" or something like that. I'm not asking if we'll see the footage (if it even exists), since I'm sure we won't. I'm only curious as to what the story there is.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    1) When Trent was leaking YZ tracks, didn't someone who found one end up getting sued by the record label? Just curious if anyone knows if that ended up having a happy ending - it sure didn't seem to be headed that way last I saw, which was years and years ago.
    IIRC, it was one of the European NIN sites that got a takedown notice from the European distribution arm of the label. I don't think any lawsuit resulted from it; just the takedown notice. A case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    2) Speaking of old news: just curious what happened to that supposed old footage that a user claimed to have unearthed, only to eventually be told we should "probably just forget this thread ever happened" or something like that. I'm not asking if we'll see the footage (if it even exists), since I'm sure we won't. I'm only curious as to what the story there is.
    Latest on that just happened yesterday: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...762#post212762