Page 79 of 216 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Did most NIN concerts in 1994-1995 start with Pinion and Terrible Lie, or did they just start with Terrible Lie? Did they also mostly end with Hurt too?

Was Terrible Lie also a regular concert opener back in 1989-1991? What song or songs did they also regularly close NIN concerts with back then? Wasn't Ringfinger one of them?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^^
    Start here and then share what you find:
    http://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-inc...=Self+Destruct

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Did most NIN concerts in 1994-1995 start with Pinion and Terrible Lie, or did they just start with Terrible Lie? Did they also mostly end with Hurt too?

Was Terrible Lie also a regular concert opener back in 1989-1991? What song or songs did they also regularly close NIN concerts with back then? Wasn't Ringfinger one of them?
    this is why ninwiki has the common setlists prominently displayed on tour pages.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Thank you both for the finds. I really should've checked out ninwiki at first, although I haven't been there for a while, and I haven't been to setlist.fm for quite some time either. I thought it was rather nice to see that they even have average setlists displayed on it. (Which I also haven't seen before either, and they've certainly answered all of my setlist questions.)

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-...html?year=1989

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-...html?year=1990

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-...html?year=1991

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-...html?year=1994

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-...html?year=1995
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-09-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i say wear what you want to wear. the people who get it will be amused, the people who don't might ask (good conversation starter), but i can't imagine anyone giving you a hard time about it.
    never let your fear decide your fate

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Gladcarrot also created spreadsheets for most of the tours that are helpful for visualizing the setlists compared to each other, as well as song frequency. Some examples:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131007...port_tours.htm
    https://web.archive.org/web/20131007...e_1991_Sin.htm
    https://web.archive.org/web/20131007...lfDestruct.htm
    https://web.archive.org/web/20131007...Destruct_2.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone know what the meaning was behind the music video for We're In This Together?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echoplex31 View Post
    does anyone know what the meaning was behind the music video for We're In This Together?

I always figured it was something along the lines of "everyone is chasing the same dream, getting a girl. But then you just end up alone". I didn't think about it much

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    The meaning was: HEY GUYS, look who's back! And with a brand-new big budget music video!
    j/k

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The meaning was: HEY GUYS, look who's back! And with a brand-new big budget music video!
    j/k
    hey, i think that was definitely part of it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You-u-u and me-e-e We're in black-and-white now

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I read somewhere that it was a metaphor for the race of sperm to fertilise the egg

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    On 18 Ghosts II I swear Trent's saying something at 4:27. Can anyone figure out what that is? It's audibly his voice, is it a specific sample from somewhere?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    On 18 Ghosts II I swear Trent's saying something at 4:27. Can anyone figure out what that is? It's audibly his voice, is it a specific sample from somewhere?
    I just listened to the multitracks (the file is called "Throat 18") and he's saying something like "ooh know thahhh ahh oooohhh".

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    TouchTunes, the Internet jukebox that you'll find at your favorite place to get drunk here in the US of A, has just about the complete NIN catalog....... except Somewhat Damaged is not on TF (or any other album for that matter) for whatever reason.

Anyone possibly know why? I haven't looked through the entire NIN catalogue track by track but this omission is obvious.... typically because I wanna play the song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    TouchTunes, the Internet jukebox that you'll find at your favorite place to get drunk here in the US of A, has just about the complete NIN catalog....... except Somewhat Damaged is not on TF (or any other album for that matter) for whatever reason.

Anyone possibly know why? I haven't looked through the entire NIN catalogue track by track but this omission is obvious.... typically because I wanna play the song.
    Bartender: "hey, everyone, it's happy hour! $5 drinks! let's party!"
    Krazy: "i think it's about time to put on somewhat damaged to elevate the mood "

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Bartender: "hey, everyone, it's happy hour! $5 drinks! let's party!"
    Krazy: "i think it's about time to put on somewhat damaged to elevate the mood "
    Damn straight!! After someone plays some country bro crap I need to cleanse my brain of what just went through it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes, it's a sad truth... portraitofdecay.com is no longer. Budget crunches and no other use of a webserver has given the axe as of this month's bill. I'm hoping that Levi might want to keep it alive if I send it to him? (And maybe he can get movement from the crowd to get the thousands of other pages from the years past that were archived but never edited to go live!?)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ah shit @bwary that sucks. Would dumping ads over the homepage not help at all? Or hell, crowdfunding the costs

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    Yes, it's a sad truth... portraitofdecay.com is no longer. Budget crunches and no other use of a webserver has given the axe as of this month's bill. I'm hoping that Levi might want to keep it alive if I send it to him? (And maybe he can get movement from the crowd to get the thousands of other pages from the years past that were archived but never edited to go live!?)
    Have you contacted @Leviathant about it yet? I suspect he'd be interested.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    Do you mind sending me an email? Let's see if there's something to be done here. I definitely would like to keep it alive.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I enjoy looking at the archived stuff on there and would be willing to donate something to keep it alive

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I also have the wherewithal to host the site if no one else can. Just other people would need to maintain it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I came across a pic on tumblr from Fragility 2.0 and I can't figure out for the life of me which song is being performed in it. Any help?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Gave Up. Ending when the screens go down.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Are there any studio photos of Trent and his crew from recording sessions of Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and Hesitation Marks?
    (I believe all other major recordings are covered by at least two or three pictures that I know of)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'm not aware of any.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what happened to the remix artist Dirty Scarab? Back when I used last.fm once upon a time, I ended up discovering the entire NIN fan remix culture and fell in love for quite some time (I still listen to so many fan versions of YZ songs), and the stuff this guy did (especially his My Violent Heart and Me, I'm Not remixes) were some of the best, hands down. Anytime I've ever gotten curious and looked around I've not found or seen anything since.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    jakalope is garbage. has razor's supposed contribution been confitmed? it's silly.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Khrz; 07-25-2014 at 06:29 PM.