Page 5 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think I asked this before but what was up with those grey outfits NIN wore in a band photo and maybe for performances at some point? Who designed the costumes? Was it during Year Zero or Slip tour? Did the outfits have a name? The resistance suit? What did it mean?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I also forgot to ask who made the grey and red-lined art for The Slip.. It's interesting how it has a distinct, flat and minimal look..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    I also forgot to ask who made the grey and red-lined art for The Slip.. It's interesting how it has a distinct, flat and minimal look..
    Rob Sheridan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Rob Sheridan
    Oh he made that one too eh? mm. Did he do the grey outfits?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone share the links to Trent's old Spotify playlists, such as his driving music, etc? They don't appear to be showing on his profile. Thanks

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walking_shade View Post
    Can anyone share the links to Trent's old Spotify playlists, such as his driving music, etc? They don't appear to be showing on his profile. Thanks
    My Shazam Tracks: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...G63aOKAnBs160s

Definitive NIN - The Singles: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...2SRRDCLYHKjZgs

Definitive NIN - Quiet Tracks: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...KFkb3X0pWiyZht

Definitive NIN - Deep Cuts: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...JAjdqOA6juNVNB

Definitive NIN - Heavy: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...MiSZUEL79wROIO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, but I saw those. I'm almost certain he had more playlists, personal playlists of different artists. I remember one being called Real Men Wear Parachute Pants, or something like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walking_shade View Post
    He was also on blip.fm for the 90s seconds that was popular: https://blip.fm/trent_reznor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why is UMG the distributor for the new Vinyls when they're pulling shit like this?

(There were listed on https://www.youtube.com/user/ninofficial/videos but disappeared soon after I viewed them, while I was still checking for others.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is the seed0 Youtube channel known to have been made by Trent, or is it just a fan? I know seed0 is Trent's torrent username, so it's easy to assume this channel is him.
    It has 2 videos when you do a channel search filter on Youtube, but only one is publicly viewable uploaded 12 years ago:
    "Trent Reznor, Peter Murphy, TV On The Radio: Dreams".
    Anyone know about the private/unlisted second vid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone interested? Row 1 Centre. Red rocks. Sept. 18.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...045#post426045

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a random ass fuckin question but, Im a young harcore nin fan who loves collecting vhs and nin stuff, does anybody have a broken movie transfer on their computer thats from an actual vhs copy. I want to see what the dub on dubs on dubs copy of broken would look like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do any recording savvy ppl here have an idea/guess of what Trent's vocal chain might look like?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So this is a hella random question. Also, it's been a while so, hello again! To everyone who purchased the March of the Pigs single before The Downward Spiral, was it weird to hear remixes of Reptile before actually being able to listen to the album version? This question never really dawned on me cause I bought the single after downward spiral but it's bugging me this morning. The only thing I can imagine liken it to, is when I had seen Closure before actually owning any albums. That being just being kind of immersed in this weird collection of soundscapes that made sense with all the random tour clips and segues between videos but being clueless of their origins. Anyway, that's that. Also, A Violet Fluid still rules.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    So this is a hella random question. Also, it's been a while so, hello again! To everyone who purchased the March of the Pigs single before The Downward Spiral, was it weird to hear remixes of Reptile before actually being able to listen to the album version? This question never really dawned on me cause I bought the single after downward spiral but it's bugging me this morning. The only thing I can imagine liken it to, is when I had seen Closure before actually owning any albums. That being just being kind of immersed in this weird collection of soundscapes that made sense with all the random tour clips and segues between videos but being clueless of their origins. Anyway, that's that. Also, A Violet Fluid still rules.
    The bigger question I have for these folks is: what the hell did you think of Big Man With A Gun?!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    The bigger question I have for these folks is: what the hell did you think of Big Man With A Gun?!
    Honestly, at the time it sounded funny to me. When Trent explained in interviews that it served as a sort of satire on gangsta rap, that made sense but it still sounded silly.

In the years since though, culture has shifted and now that song sounds kind of disturbing to me. The lyrics now read like an incel’s online manifesto before he shoots up a yoga studio or sorority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    When I heard it, I immediately took it as satire - portraying a man who is insecure and overcompensating. "I'm every inch a man, and I'll show you somehow." It was a weird messed up window into a man's mind when he's obsessed with how weak and insignificant he feels.

By the time TDS was out, I already had Under the Pink, and I knew Trent sang on that album. So it was a weird flip - considering Tori's Me and and Gun off Little Earthquakes, so I thought there was no way BMWAG was something to be taken literally.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    Here, you can read some contemporaneous reactions:

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/P7CotpWVQoQJ
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/SiH2J5t4iGUJ
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/ZYIRvIGwW9QJ
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/QoIyUFH9d-AJ

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Glad to hear that the hard-to-please-motherfuckery has always been with us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa, the fuck man, that's crazy! See that's why I always loved this place. Crazy jazz that should be lost to time somehow seems to materialize. Anyway, to the Big Man With a Gun discussion, I always felt a little weird about it. I dug the heaviness but it really kind of always felt too tongue in cheek to overshadow anything else on the record. That being said, when the album itself is a damn masterpiece, even the poorer bit must be good to some degree. Never once did I feel the need to skip, so it does it's job. I remember feeling super pumped about Startfucker Inc. when I first heard it on the TDTWWA single. That's definitely akin to that I guess. TDTWWA (Quiet) stole the show though. I remember showing that to friends of mine that hated NIN and even they were converted, even if it were for just a few songs similar in vein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is The Hand That Feeds DFA Mix single on iTunes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I searched 'Vagina Dentata' and results came back (haunted) null.
    It seems to me that the With Teeth album might be referring to Vagina Dentata...especially since the original title was going to be Bleed Through.
    Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    It seems to me that the With Teeth album might be referring to Vagina Dentata...especially since the original title was going to be Bleed Through.
    Any thoughts?
    stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stop what? It's a simple question. Can you handle that?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Any thoughts?
    Keep up the research - I like this line of questioning.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Any thoughts?
    This answer is less interesting, but it's about addiction. Trying to drop the habit but it's holding on with teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What are you thoughts on this inspired painting done by me?
    Watercolor on paper.

https://ibb.co/qjcwhyw
    Last edited by ZeroisGreg; 06-02-2024 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i know ImgBurn gives a warning about none of the chapters matching the optimal layer break position but it played fine afterward

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever actually bothered to remix corona radiata with the greater good and pinion like NIN did in Buenos Aires in 2008? Just stumbled upon it after a long time and I still think it was a great intro for wish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever get a scan of that interview TR did for Q magazine? It was the march issue if I recall and the photos from it were leaked around February I think. Was there nothing of interest in there?