Page 53 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I never actually downloaded those 3 "greatest hits" albums TR? put to torrent. You know, the quiet tracks, essential tracks and deep tracks, I think. I never felt the need to as i have all of tracks already. But just curious...since this is something that was done by the nin camp, are the songs with crossfades the same as album versions, or different for flow of said compilations?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    No, no crossfades or anything, and a few of the songs are actually mislabeled (I think it's usually mixing up the Still versions and the album versions). The only difference is the Twilight Zone sample buried deep in the torrent version of All The Love In The World.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Griffin View Post

Does anyone know where I can find a jacket like the one Trent is wearing here? Or like the shirt with the military insignia that Trent wore while they were supporting YZ? Thanks
    I have that very jacket. Purely by accident. It's by G-Star Raw. You could get grey, black, or a military green. Pretty sure it's obsolete now, but there'll be a newer version.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Aside from Hesitation Marks, isn't it also possible that With Teeth also has references to The Downward Spiral? I only ask because of the pictures with teeth in both versions of The Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Aside from Hesitation Marks, isn't it also possible that With Teeth also has references to The Downward Spiral? I only ask because of the pictures with teeth in both versions of The Downward Spiral.
    One thing I'm trying to wrap my head around lately is: Thoughout NINs career the narratives for each album changed, while the lyrics pretty much stayed the same (excluding everybody's favorite anti-Bush-lyrics). It seems those things are all about what appears to be the most interesting narrative to Trent at any time. In retrospect I wonder if Trent just made those topics and concepts up, because catering to a certain image made selling an album easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just curious, why has Trent changed his tone to be so much more, I dunno, businesslike since the return from hiatus? He went from giving away his album/having awesome deluxe packages and encouraging fan taping of shows to being super strict about the taping policy and releasing multiple versions of Hesitation Marks, on a major label no less.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Nothing can stop me now"

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Just curious, why has Trent changed his tone to be so much more, I dunno, businesslike since the return from hiatus? He went from giving away his album/having awesome deluxe packages and encouraging fan taping of shows to being super strict about the taping policy and releasing multiple versions of Hesitation Marks, on a major label no less.

You answered your own question with the last 6 words in your post. Y'know- don't bite the hand that feeds and all that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I guess he realized he likes having income?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    You answered your own question with the last 6 words in your post. Y'know- don't bite the hand that feeds and all that.
    Except we all should know, after living through YZ-era Trent, that he loves to bite the hand that feeds him.

I can only speculate that the no video policy has to do with a possible video release, but could also be anything from contract signed with PBS for the Austin thing, to not wanting people to see YouTube quality video instead of the real thing, to a myriad of other reasons none of us can really know. I don't think it was something he just gave in to having in the contract with his label. Plus, he only had the open taping policy for the Wave Goodbye tour because he expected it to kinda be the end of NIN touring. Idk, man.

He has been gone for a few years, and can't just give everything away for free. I mean, sure, he could, but should he? No. Don't let 2 free albums (well, 1 free album, and one free volume of an album, but the rest is creative commons so it's legal to download the rest from a torrent site) spoil you, art is not free. And fuck, I think the man deserves to make a few bucks per person.
    As for the multiple "versions", they're all the same album, just different packaging. For people who are super into art, you can buy the album PLUS some art. He did the same thing with Ghosts (that free album you mentioned) except this time it's not $300.
    The major label thing, you mention like it's a bad thing. He signed to use them to market his new album and tour. He's mentioned in interviews that when NIN would tour to european countries, really only the super fans would know about it and come to the shows. They don't own the rights to the music, they just distribute (as far as I can tell) and market.

The things I do to put off writing a 7 page paper... I swear if I could write every paper about NIN I would have aced college...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    "Nothing can stop me now"
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that, and, "I am the pig! I am the swarm! All your hurt sticks on me, and I keep it warm!" from The Collector, but there has to be other references that go further too. It's also cool to see how Closer and Every Day Is Exactly The Same can flow into each other in a very slightly similar way. For all I know, Sunspots could sort of be like Closer too, especially when played live. Oh yeah, and there's also "I've become a million miles away." in All The Love In The World.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    going from having "awesome deluxe packages" to "releasing multiple versions" is a huge change?

trent frequently spoke about the business aspect before the hiatus, actually, much more so than afterwards. he wasn't trying out different payment models because he hated money.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I am lucky enough to have one of my final papers be (kinda) on NIN. For my copyright class, talking about participatory art, etc, and wanted to discuss Trent's whole multitracks and creative commons thing. Unfortunately, need some interviews/articles, it can't be just an opinion piece. While searching the Hotline archives for some early multitrack stuff, I found this post. Unfortunately, the interview it links to is no longer available. Because I know this is how NIN fans are, does anyone have a copy of the interview, either audio or transcribed? Also, any other interviews on the subject matter, or better yet, articles, would be wonderful. Now to go back to skimming everything the Hotline has posted in the last decade.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Hey guys, I am lucky enough to have one of my final papers be (kinda) on NIN. For my copyright class, talking about participatory art, etc, and wanted to discuss Trent's whole multitracks and creative commons thing. Unfortunately, need some interviews/articles, it can't be just an opinion piece. While searching the Hotline archives for some early multitrack stuff, I found this post. Unfortunately, the interview it links to is no longer available. Because I know this is how NIN fans are, does anyone have a copy of the interview, either audio or transcribed? Also, any other interviews on the subject matter, or better yet, articles, would be wonderful. Now to go back to skimming everything the Hotline has posted in the last decade.
    Found it on the Wayback Machine:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201105240...ease-strategy/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that, and, "I am the pig! I am the swarm! All your hurt sticks on me, and I keep it warm!" from The Collector...
    The plague, not the pig

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    That's the page, but the audio file itself is not available:

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolmusic/spinner/audio/interviews/nin-ghosts-inter_bb_dl.flv

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

I'm not familiar with Jimmy Kimmel's format, does he interview the musical guests or is it just a performance?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

It's almost always just a performance.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    The plague, not the pig
    Oh crap. [Self-Facepalm] And yet another addition for the Mistaken NIN Lyrics thread. And well, thanks for telling me. Holy crap.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-05-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has Everything been performed live yet?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    No. Hasn't even been on an alternate setlist since that one way back in July. It's like Trent forgot the song exists.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    In that first Vimeo behind the scenes clip about the NIN Festival tour, a live version of Everything can be heard playing in the background during interviews, somewhere near the middle of the clip.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    No, no crossfades or anything, and a few of the songs are actually mislabeled (I think it's usually mixing up the Still versions and the album versions). The only difference is the Twilight Zone sample buried deep in the torrent version of All The Love In The World.
    Twilight zone sample?? I dont think ive heard this. What is it exactly??

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Twilight zone sample?? I dont think ive heard this. What is it exactly??
    It's a really quiet sample of Twilight Zone dialogue right at the beginning of the song. It's easiest to hear when you have headphones.

Things like the mislabeled songs and apparently using a different version of ALTITW make me wonder just how hastily made that torrent collection was.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Was All The Love In The World ever played live at an actual concert yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just during rehearsals in 2005

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh wait, it actually happened yesterday.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...354#post149354

I'm a bit jealous now.

@tony.parente - Because I'm sure that you would've loved it too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-06-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Oh wait, it actually happened yesterday.

I'm a bit jealous now.

@tony.parente - Because I'm sure that you would've loved it too.
    Oh my god.

...oh my god.

Oh my GOD.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quick, ask about other songs he's never played live before, let's see if it'll work again

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Was The Perfect Drug ever played live at an actual concert yet? Did Kinda I Want To, That's What I Get, The Only Time, and Happiness In Slavery ever get played again yet?

A - I can dream.

B - Yeah, I wish!

C - I hope so too.