Page 51 of 215 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    - Because that would also be far too shameful to openly complain about if that would be that case, and I just felt all three emoticons at once upon seeing those three facts.
    Why would you be ashamed to tell your friends you couldn't afford to do something or that you were ill or had a condition that would stop you doing certain things?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh, I meant to say if it would be shameful if it I was the person that didn't have any problems to see Nine Inch Nails, but didn't anyway, yet openly complained about not seeing them. It was my way of saying that I completely agree with you, because I was referring to the opposite. I wasn't too sure about the way I worded it, and now I really see why. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    listen guys ive been into nin since 1990 and ive seen them twice in twentythree years.
    who cares if you have seen them .
    its not a big deal to me or the older fans .
    if you dont get the chance so what , i think trent will tour for a good number of years down the line anyway.
    quote from trent we in this together .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    not sure where to ask, but i am looking for the pdf/digital booklets for Still, With Teeth and YearZeroRemixed. i own these albums physically but i dont want to re purchase them from itunes just for the booklets.

thank you in advance for any help, ets!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I haven't been following NIN or ETS that much lately, but is there any new quality footage from the Tension tour so far? Or has anyone seen Rob or someone filming stuff on stage lately?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So after seeing all the live footage with Danny in the band, it makes me wonder, was there any reason why Trent seemed to fuck with him more than anyone else? As much as it was part of the theatrics and the performance, Danny's expression made him appear really frustrated with Trent's awesome ridiculous jackass behavior.

*my original post meant to be in "Random NIN Thoughts" but I decided to make use of this space*
    Last edited by captainbeyond; 10-16-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Anyone happen to have the tracklist to the Trent Reznor Mixtape (that included Trent's Megadeth and Queen remixes)?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it: http://www.ninwiki.com/Untitled_Mixtape

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Is it true that Trent has tinnitus?

Wikipedia includes him in a list of musicians that have it, and their source is this American Tinnitus Association website: http://www.ata.org/music/musicians But that site doesn't show where they got their information. I've personally never seen him mention it in any interview, so I'm wondering if it's true, because I've seen some people just assuming he has it because of certain lyrics (i.e: SICNH).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I also remember some of the lyrics from The Becoming were being used to support that case as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Consequence of Sound published this pic of Trent / Mariqueen / Josh Eustis and Rob on the Game of Thrones set - who are the other 3? I've never seen Game of Thrones, are they cast members or people who made it?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/1...me-of-thrones/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Random question because I don't want to look through every Tension setlist..

Are they still playing the (incredible) reworked Sanctified?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Not on this leg of the tour.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Other than last night's show.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This is actually in relation to the Random NIN Thought I've posted. Is it really safe to assume that far more people have heard about Guns N' Roses and Nirvana than Nine Inch Nails even until now?

I thought that wouldn't be the case, but I seem to find more fans of Guns N' Roses and Nirvana in real life. I've always thought that Nine Inch Nails was just as big as a late 1980s and early 1990s giant as both bands were back in their day, even if he didn't really blow up at the peak of his fame and success around 1994-1995. I've even seen more Radiohead fans than Nine Inch Nails fans, and I remember somebody here even mentioning that Radiohead actually does have a bigger audience than NIN. I forgot exactly who though, but that thought has also occurred to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    This is actually in relation to the Random NIN Thought I've posted. Is it really safe to assume that far more people have heard about Guns N' Roses and Nirvana than Nine Inch Nails even until now?

I thought that wouldn't be the case, but I seem to find more fans of Guns N' Roses and Nirvana in real life. I've always thought that Nine Inch Nails was just as big as a late 1980s and early 1990s giant as both bands were back in their day, even if he didn't really blow up at the peak of his fame and success around 1994-1995. I've even seen more Radiohead fans than Nine Inch Nails fans, and I remember somebody here even mentioning that Radiohead actually does have a bigger audience than NIN. I forgot exactly who though, but that thought has also occurred to me.
    I'd definitely say so- NIN has a very dedicated following which (to me) makes it seem like the fan base is larger than it actually is. When I was in school, I never encountered any big NIN fans, and if I brought it up around my friends, the only songs they could ever name were Closer and Hurt :/

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Well, until this past Saturday. I say that not having listened to the recording, but I assume they're using the modern accompaniment. It would be fun to hear Pino doing the oldschool slap bass though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh, god, I can't even recall the old accompaniment off the top of my head. *digs through old bootleg cds*

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Well, until this past Saturday. I say that not having listened to the recording, but I assume they're using the modern accompaniment. It would be fun to hear Pino doing the oldschool slap bass though.
    Watched the first part of a video someone took, and it is the new "festival version". Also, Robin looked SO INTO holding down a single note on the synth. And then a few seconds later a different single note. By far my favorite part of the new version now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I dunno where else to ask...

What do you guys think the chances are of HM Stems coming out. I think about it everyday (yes I'm a nerd).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    I dunno where else to ask...

What do you guys think the chances are of HM Stems coming out. I think about it everyday (yes I'm a nerd).
    I would say high, because he's released multitracks for at least one or two songs per release since WT. But I also wonder with as much time as has gone by with no word (even with HTDA, Rob said they wanted to but were working on where, in what I feel like was less time than how long HM has been out) if that'll be the case this time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well, I have two additional questions:

1. What's all about Jeordie that the fact that in case of every Meathead cartoon he is getting a blowjob? Is this related with some interview or what? :-)
    2. Is there any interview or explanation where TR explains why he put the cheering crowd in "Right Where It Belongs"? Besides the ending of "Starfuckers, Inc." -this is the only studio song (I think) where the crowd is placed...

BTW: This is the best forum on the whole Internet. And I didn't meant "NIN forum". I meant forum. In the whole Internet. Ever. :-)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    Well, I have two additional questions:

1. What's all about Jeordie that the fact that in case of every Meathead cartoon he is getting a blowjob? Is this related with some interview or what? :-)
    It could very well be, and it seems to be most likely from his sexual escapades when he was in Marilyn Manson. And in certain times, Jeordie White as Twiggy Ramirez was even known to be more eccentric and outrageous than Marilyn Manson.

2. Is there any interview or explanation where TR explains why he put the cheering crowd in "Right Where It Belongs"? Besides the ending of "Starfuckers, Inc." -this is the only studio song (I think) where the crowd is placed...
    I also heard a cheering crowd in Down In It and Piggy. I've often wondered if that was some sort of a satirical piss-take at fame, and how superficial and destructive it can be. I'm not saying that's exactly why, but I've always imagined that to be the case. It's just my two cents on that matter.

BTW: This is the best forum on the whole Internet. And I didn't meant "NIN forum". I meant forum. In the whole Internet. Ever. :-)
    For real. Decent/excellent Moderation, and even proper posts and threads are sometimes nonexistent and many other forums. It's also very organized, and as a neat-freak, that's one of the things I've always loved about this place.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-28-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know where I can find a jacket like the one Trent is wearing here? Or like the shirt with the military insignia that Trent wore while they were supporting YZ? Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The whole band looked like G-star threw up on them that year, so I'm guessing that's a good place to start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    The whole band looked like G-star threw up on them that year, so I'm guessing that's a good place to start.
    Icklekitty its been too many years since you've made me laugh,that was quality.
    sidenote: That YZ jacket trent wore around that time period is something i would love too!

As for my question:
    Can anyone help me with trying to download Exhibit 24?
    Last edited by jubilee; 10-23-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Its important!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Now as the topic of Trent's wardrobe raises its head, I'm reminded of my own question:

What the hell are those dope-ass kilt-shorts-whatever he introduced this year called exactly and officially? CUZ I WANT THEM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    Now as the topic of Trent's wardrobe raises its head, I'm reminded of my own question:

What the hell are those dope-ass kilt-shorts-whatever he introduced this year called exactly and officially? CUZ I WANT THEM.
    Someone posted a link somewhere, we figured it out after the festival run was over (still arguing/speculating after MIA in Philly), they're multiple hundreds of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    As for my question:
    Can anyone help me with trying to download Exhibit 24?
    You can just copy-paste from the site, unless you want more of a screencap of it?
    Which reminded me to look for someone on the ETS list...

24.24.2.2788 teitan [Incarcerated]

So, I guess this means at the end of Survivalism, the band isn't killed, but just arrested? The Exhibit list is open about killed resistance members, so it isn't like they would hide his death...
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 10-23-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Chances are that the programmer at 42 Entertainment who automatically generated those numbers and "fates" had no idea that was TR's old pseudonym.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post

a search for "harem shorts" brings up some good offers, while most of it looks ridiculously shitty.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Someone posted a link somewhere, we figured it out after the festival run was over (still arguing/speculating after MIA in Philly), they're multiple hundreds of dollars.
    It looks very Japanese. I don't know if you would be able to get something more reasonable online, or if there are Japanese brands near there.