Page 44 of 216 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    In the 2013 rehearsals that leaked, where does TR say something about 'faking playing something' during a certain song? I read about it somewhere here but listened to it but couldnt find it
    It's the beginning of Disappointed, I believe, where most of the guys on stage don't actually have anything to do, so Trent suggested that they pretend to play something so they're not just standing there uselessly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The solution: go offstage until your part begins....let Trent get some Trent time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It's the beginning of Disappointed, I believe, where most of the guys on stage don't actually have anything to do, so Trent suggested that they pretend to play something so they're not just standing there uselessly.
    Thanks, but I think I downloaded a version that cut that part out

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    The solution: go offstage until your part begins....let Trent get some Trent time
    Well, with Disappointed, they're already on stage, and all that time was put into bringing them out individually for Copy of A, so it'd be stupid for them to just walk right back off stage for the very next song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Well, with Disappointed, they're already on stage, and all that time was put into bringing them out individually for Copy of A, so it'd be stupid for them to just walk right back off stage for the very next song.

I noticed at one show that Robin was offstage for the entire first part of "Came Back Haunted" before the chorus and it actually worked well. Yeah maybe all the band going offstage would be weird but it wouldn't hurt to repeat the idea of each member building onto songs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Does anyone here have non-entity (live version) audio to share?
    I mean that TV broadcast (reactnow) one, with Trent on piano with a drum machine.
    I wonder there's any listenable audio available. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Another solution: rework the song so that everyone has to actually play their parts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Does anyone here have non-entity (live version) audio to share?
    I mean that TV broadcast (reactnow) one, with Trent on piano with a drum machine.
    I wonder there's any listenable audio available. Thanks in advance.
    http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../20050909.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have the teitan posts?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    oh! I didnt knew that seed 01 was in sale
    They were given away free from nin.com, plenty of people have them on ebay and so forth, can't hurt to ask around

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Has trent ever expressed any interest in writing an autobiography? Seems like something that a lot of people would be interested in.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Has trent ever expressed any interest in writing an autobiography? Seems like something that a lot of people would be interested in.
    I would be very surprised if he did that given how he likes his privacy. Maybe strictly on his musical and public life but that wouldn't sell as much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Another solution: rework the song so that everyone has to actually play their parts.

I think the issue (with that song moreso) is that their parts do not begin until a certain point in the song. Same with "Came Back Haunted," most of the time Robin and Josh aren't doing anything.
    But...it would be cool to have them add some improv additions to it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

This might have been asked already, are wallpapers of the HM artwork available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    This might have been asked already, are wallpapers of the HM artwork available?
    Not yet, but soon. And this is Sheridan-soon, not Reznor-soon.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...22453917220864

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I would be very surprised if he did that given how he likes his privacy. Maybe strictly on his musical and public life but that wouldn't sell as much.
    If Maynard can do it, anyone can...

Anyway, might be a dumb previously-answered question but, whatever happened with Kronos Quartet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What do you mean? They're still around...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Seed 01 - Collected was also available as a free promo item included with the Sony PSP Game Shark Media Manager.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    What do you mean? They're still around...
    Weren't they supposed to have been recording something with Trent?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The tweet where that news came from actually said that they couldn't work with Trent due to scheduling conflicts. It was one of the indicators that we were getting a new album waaaaaaaaay back in like, January.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Oh. Well then, my apologies.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    This may be a long strecht but it has to be out there:

In 2005 I was skimming through the internet looking for music videos in mov or mp4 format. I stumbled upon a portfolio trailer by a director/animator etc. (I don't know anymore) which featured bits and pieces of several live documentaries and music videos. There was footage of a scraped QOTSA DVD from the songs for the deaf tour as well as some NIN among other artists I can't recall right now.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's long ago and I can see it in front of my eyes but can't seem to find it anymore.
    I have the video you might be referring to. Couldn't remember for the life of me what the original source the old ETS pulled it from was, but luckily, the video still has all the info it was tagged with by the director.

The video is a promo reel for Christopher Sims of Timecode Entertainment. It has the smallest glimpse of a pro-shot With Teeth club tour performance, and Josh Homme playing guitar (I can't discern what era or setting he is in). Tried searching Timecode Entertainment's official website, but their domain is up for sale, and the video itself is not posted on Christopher Sims's website.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Maynard wrote an autobiography?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Maynard wrote an autobiography?
    He's in the process of co-writing it with an author friend of his. He's been talking about it frequently in recent interviews. I assumed it was a joke the first time he mentioned it, but he keeps talking about it in a serious manner so I guess it's happening.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hmm...this should be interesting.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    @p_rez17 : that image of Trent is exactly what stuck in my mind! I remember a longer trailer for the QOTSA footage that ultimately showed that this was from the SFTD era with the sperm-logo all over the place. Is there any more from Nails or really just that tiny glimpse?

Man, pro shot footage from the 2005 club shows is what would melt my mind right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know why AATCHB has never been played live? I know it was rehearsed before but wondering why not at a show. Would be great for the tension tour!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    Does anyone know why AATCHB has never been played live? I know it was rehearsed before but wondering why not at a show. Would be great for the tension tour!
    I did not know it had even been rehearsed? It's a very quiet song though, playing it might not fit in well

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    @p_rez17: that image of Trent is exactly what stuck in my mind! I remember a longer trailer for the QOTSA footage that ultimately showed that this was from the SFTD era with the sperm-logo all over the place. Is there any more from Nails or really just that tiny glimpse?

Man, pro shot footage from the 2005 club shows is what would melt my mind right now!
    There are two very short Nine Inch Nails clips sandwiching the Queens of the Stone Age clip. It is literally, blink and you miss all three clips (NIN, QOTSA, NIN)!

As long as I'm in this thread, I remember seeing an updated version of Collected (Seed 1) when I attended the Year Zero listening party at the House of Blues in San Diego. It was exactly the same as the one we got on DVD except it when it got to "The Hand That Feeds."

Instead of the full music video, it was only a clip, followed by a clip of the video for "Only." This is where I get a bit hazy. I don't remember if it showed anything from Beside You In Time (I seem to be recalling "Hurt" live), but it definitely ended with the full "Survivalism" video and maybe the Year Zero commercial (again, not sure). After the album was played, I asked the employee working the audio/visual if I could take a look at the DVD they played before the album. He pulled it out for a second; I remember it looking like a plain white disc and him saying I couldn't have it.

At the time, the ARG was in full swing but I never read anyone ever mention it on this board or The Spiral when everyone was on the hunt for clues (not that I thought it had any, but everything was under such scrutiny in those times). Does anyone else remember seeing the updated version of Collected? Did anyone else try to obtain it?

It wasn't anything incredibly important to add to a collection, but I remember really wanting a copy after seeing it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    So, that "a day of experimentation with a hero of his" TR tweet, could it have been about Palladino or Buckingham?