Page 41 of 216 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    Isn't that just steam from sweating way too much?
    I know there's a reasonable explanation, I'm just surprised that I've never noticed this in any NIN video before. Or any video of a sweaty person, period.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I know there's a reasonable explanation, I'm just surprised that I've never noticed this in any NIN video before. Or any video of a sweaty person, period.
    It does give a pretty cool look

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I laughed so much when the rumor of "The Slip" having three disc begin, TR answered "There will not be 3 discs included in The Slip album release. I'm not made of money." hahahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where on the bonus disc is this "Conversation with"? Isn't this the bonus disc that came with the deluxe edition? Mine only has the remix tracks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I believe that's exclusive to the iTunes Deluxe Edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I just listened to the demo tracks that didn't make the cut and I find myself liking them a lot more than some of the actual tracks on the album. I'd like to place these tracks within the albums as "instrumentals" but can't figure out where would be the best places to put them. Where do you all think would be the best spots for them in the album?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are correct, thank you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    You are correct, thank you.
    its iTunes only.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nope, its also available at HDtracks:
    https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?f...HD886444020268

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by all3n_y View Post
    So I just listened to the demo tracks that didn't make the cut and I find myself liking them a lot more than some of the actual tracks on the album. I'd like to place these tracks within the albums as "instrumentals" but can't figure out where would be the best places to put them. Where do you all think would be the best spots for them in the album?
    Disappointed
    Demo 1
    Everything

Everything
    Demo 2
    Satellite

Running
    Demo 3
    I Would For You

For shits and giggles:
    ~ Demo 1 renamed as 'Other Murmurs'
    ~ Demo 2 renamed as 'Turn and Burn'
    ~ Demo 3 renamed as 'Cargo in the Blood'
    76:27 overall
    Last edited by jezstyle; 09-05-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    its iTunes only.
    Nope. It's also included with the audiophile version on hdtracks (for the low low price of $17.98).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I put the audiophile, wav format version of hm on my ipod yesterday and everytine i try to play it my ipod classic, 160gb crashes.

Itll still play everything else but elwhat gives. The songs work in itunes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I put the audiophile, wav format version of hm on my ipod yesterday and everytine i try to play it my ipod classic, 160gb crashes..
    Try the audiophile "lossless" version (actually Apple Lossless).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Which video game franchises is Trent a fan of? I'm well aware that he's a fan of Doom and Zelda, but isn't he also a fan of Mario and Final Fantasy? I also still wonder how his surname even ended up on Super Mario World, but I still thought that was cool anyway.

(I also forgot what other video game franchises he liked, but I'm sure that there obviously has to be a lot more of them, since Nintendo love can only go so far. )

I also wondered what some of his favorite TV shows and movie might be? (I've figured that I'd just check it out on Facebook and Twitter though, and I wasn't sure if these kinds of questions were favorably looked upon, now that I've reconsidered it.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-05-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i pre-ordered deluxe from amazon before I knew about alternate audiophile master from nin.com. I'm considering dropping the $12 for official download. can anyone tell me if you can download both masters in any version? for example can I download FLAC, WAV, ALAC, MP3 in each master version (8 DLs total) if I wanted?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    can anyone tell me if you can download both masters in any version? for example can I download FLAC, WAV, ALAC, MP3 in each master version (8 DLs total) if I wanted?
    Yes you can.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Which video game franchises is Trent a fan of? I'm well aware that he's a fan of Doom and Zelda, but isn't he also a fan of Mario and Final Fantasy? I also still wonder how his surname even ended up on Super Mario World, but I still thought that was cool anyway.

(I also forgot what other video game franchises he liked, but I'm sure that there obviously has to be a lot more of them, since Nintendo love can only go so far. )

I also wondered what some of his favorite TV shows and movie might be? (I've figured that I'd just check it out on Facebook and Twitter though, and I wasn't sure if these kinds of questions were favorably looked upon, now that I've reconsidered it.)
    I remember he said during one of the Spiral chats that the band was playing We Love Katamari on the tour bus...he mentioned other games too, Katamari is the only one I specifically remember. He also admitted that they were watching Desperate Housewives and he was kind of guilty about it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Reznors in Super Mario World came about because the programmer(s) were fans of NIN. I'm going to assume the feeling was mutual because Mario games in the eighties and nineties were awesome but I haven't seen anything stating that they are.

I don't know if you saw the promo for the show Fringe that included a reworking of AVOTT with lyrics of dialogue from the show. That was not commissioned. Trent made the mix because he's a fan of the show and saw connections between the themes of the show and the themes of YZ and sent it to them and told them they were free to use it I'd they wanted but if they didn't no hard feelings. So I think it's safe to say that he was a fan of the show Fringe (as he should be because it was awesome).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I the only person that thinks its cool that Eugene from Autolux is on HM?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarj View Post
    Am I the only person that thinks its cool that Eugene from Autolux is on HM?

Autolux is one of my favorite artists being that Future Perfect is one of my top 5 most played albums of all time. They are also absolutely amazing live. Eugene is a badass with one of the best bass tones ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Who is the person that made all the hilarious GIFs?

Reading Festival has some gems. 3:00 into the set is a hilarious shot of Robin that would make the creepiest GIF of all time.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The Reznors in Super Mario World came about because the programmer(s) were fans of NIN. I'm going to assume the feeling was mutual because Mario games in the eighties and nineties were awesome but I haven't seen anything stating that they are.
    It makes it even more interesting and lovely to know that. I'm also glad that it was mentioned in The NIN Hotline. No wonder why I missed it though, because I was barely on ETS or The NIN Hotline in 2012. It turns out that the guy that did that was Dayvv Brooks, when he was working for Nintendo of America in 1991.

http://www.theninhotline.net/news/permalink/1346809479

http://www.mariowiki.com/Special:Con...ns/Dayvvbrooks

http://www.mariowiki.com/Reznor

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...71308375060482

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Am I late to the party of hearing TDS on SACD surround-converted-to-stereo FLACs??? Holy spinning hell-house of stupefying sonic wizardry! Things are brought to the front that were almost completely buried (sometimes by pushing the more prominent melodies/effects way to the back). I'm sure that this mix isn't how TR would've intended it to be heard, but WOW. It's almost a completely different experience.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeCornhole View Post
    Am I late to the party of hearing TDS on SACD surround-converted-to-stereo FLACs??? Holy spinning hell-house of stupefying sonic wizardry! Things are brought to the front that were almost completely buried (sometimes by pushing the more prominent melodies/effects way to the back). I'm sure that this mix isn't how TR would've intended it to be heard, but WOW. It's almost a completely different experience.
    Fair game. It's so incredible I use that particular mix for my digital version of TDS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Indeed. This threatens to become my go-to version for a while. I know the traditional mix front to back; it'll be fun to explore all the nooks and crannies on this one.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

I keep seeing the question, but never an answer:

Has the Autolux remix of "Everything" been heard? It seemed nonexistent through last week.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Did Nothing Records ever put out label samplers, those things with loads of different artists on?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Did Nothing Records ever put out label samplers, those things with loads of different artists on?
    Only once that I know of. They put out a sampler called "Nothing Changes" as a pack in with some electronic music magazine. If a google search doesn't turn it up, let me know and I'll provide details from my copy. It was focused primarily on the d&b artists they had

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Only once that I know of. They put out a sampler called "Nothing Changes" as a pack in with some electronic music magazine. If a google search doesn't turn it up, let me know and I'll provide details from my copy. It was focused primarily on the d&b artists they had
    Cheers found the notes. Only one is surprising though, considering Nothing had their own sleeves, a tour (Nights of Nothing) and existed for 15 years.

(For anyone else, http://www.discogs.com/Various-Nothi...s/release/3180 )