Page 40 of 215 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    To clarify @jesus 's question, does anyone remember the actual printed dimensions? I have a vague recollection of it being a strange size. Can't find clarification on ninwiki or the old Spiral swag list, where I thought it might've been listed.
    The dimensions were 3 feet wide by 4 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    stp opened for nin? how did i miss that?
    I think they're talking about either Virgin Mobile Festival 2008 or Voodoo Experience 2008. So STP "opened" in the sense that they played before NIN at a festival.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not sure where to post, I guess this is the proper place.

nin.com always crashes on an iPad I use (technically not mine- so don't wanna clear it and wipe it out). It loads fine on my iPhone and don't have a problem with any other sites. When you go to it it starts loading and Safari simply shuts down and iPad goes to the front/home page with apps.

Any thoughts or suggestions?..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

nin.com always crashes on an iPad I use (technically not mine- so don't wanna clear it and wipe it out). It loads fine on my iPhone and don't have a problem with any other sites. When you go to it it starts loading and Safari simply shuts down and iPad goes to the front/home page with apps.

Android. 10chars

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ I knew someone was gonna post something about it being an Apple product. Because PC's and Google products never ever have issues. :|

No, I'm not one of those hipsters that has 50 Apple products (wihout a job) and camps out for new releases. Far from it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry. It was a legit answer

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Have you tried clearing your cache? Normally fixes browser issues like that

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Have you tried clearing your cache? Normally fixes browser issues like that
    Thanks. Yup, tried clearing data/cookies/history and still does it. Only site that I've come across where Safari crashes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    so ... no?

stp opened for nin? how did i miss that? i remember trent putting them down in some article back in the 90's (comparing them to bush or something).

out of a perfect circle, some random chick wearing angel wings in reno, saul williams, autolux, qotsa, tv on the radio, bauhaus, deerhunter, crystal castles, and the bug, deerhunter was the most memorable.
    It was only one show, in Monterrey, México, during the Lights in the Sky tour. For this tour NIN also played with STP in Guadalajara and Mexico City, but these two performances were part of the MOTORKR festival, so it was technically not a double bill STP+NIN. In Monterrey, STP had a bit more than one hour, it was almost an entire set. NIN used the George W. Bush into John McCain backdrop during The Hand That Feeds, I don't know if they used this backdrop in the US: http://www.flickr.com/photos/luis_be...57613878881752

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Having met/conversed with JMJ, I always assumed it was because Meathead had met him. JMJ is incredibly laid back and super friendly.
    I met JMJ too but I have never thought about Meathead's JMJ related works in this way. I am so stupid. :-)

I agree - JMJ and Ilan are very friendly.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    I met JMJ too but I have never thought about Meathead's JMJ related works in this way. I am so stupid. :-)

I agree - JMJ and Ilan are very friendly.
    i never met anyone from NIN but I'm especially glad to hear that Ilan is friendly because being as good as he is and as young as he is can often be a recipe for an asshole. I'm glad he's not one.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    A good description for Ilan would be happy-go-lucky. JMJ is very friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to The Wretched today and it struck me that the notes of the piano loop are very similar to those of the Into the Void bass motif. Can anyone confirm if it is the same sequence of notes?

Also, because Trent included Everything and Satellite on HM, does this mean he has to (or possibly has already) record another 2 new songs for the Interscope Greatest Hits package?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarj View Post
    Also, because Trent included Everything and Satellite on HM, does this mean he has to (or possibly has already) record another 2 new songs for the Interscope Greatest Hits package?
    I have the same question, who knows... maybe we get to hear 2 new songs next year and a new album in 2015 , as reported before HM:
    "In 2014, Interscope Records will release an edition of the band's greatest hits, to which Reznor intends to contribute two new songs. Then he plans to write music for a new record."-10 Dec 2012

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarj View Post
    Listening to The Wretched today and it struck me that the notes of the piano loop are very similar to those of the Into the Void bass motif. Can anyone confirm if it is the same sequence of notes?
    the first three notes of the phrases use the same rhythmic motif but at a semitone difference (G/G#/A in "The Wretched" and Gb/G/A in "Into the Void"), and are wildly different in the rest of the phrase.

it's really the three-note rhythmic motif that is echoed, and is also slowed down to create the "Somewhat Damaged" ascending guitar line, and sped up to create the chorus guitar of "The Wretched." notes change and song keys change but the rhythm reappears, either in partials or in whole.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Who is that guy that speaks out the "ticking time is running out" phrase in "While I'm Still Here" (Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler' Remix)"? Isn't that Senator Palpatine from the Star Wars? :-)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    Who is that guy that speaks out the "ticking time is running out" phrase in "While I'm Still Here" (Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler' Remix)"
    I believe your answer hides in your question.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks! I was under the impression that the "Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler'" is the full name of some DJ that created this remix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's J-Eustis' sleeve tattoo all about? I can't help but think of Halo (don't get smart on me). I googled it and even managed to get a "...has a tattoo on his arm of bands..." when something got broken in the nets. So, bands?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    What's J-Eustis' sleeve tattoo all about? I can't help but think of Halo (don't get smart on me). I googled it and even managed to get a "...has a tattoo on his arm of bands..." when something got broken in the nets. So, bands?
    bands as in black bands, as in rings...not like music bands.

he also has more elaborate designs higher up on his arm. i'm not sure of the significance and i don't know if he's ever discussed it in interviews or anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone got a close up of Atticus's tattoo?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    Then he plans to write music for a new record."-10 Dec 2012
    Wasn't that from when he was still lying about no new NIN coming this year & that there wasn't going to be any new material played on the upcoming tour?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ok, so I've been gone from ETS since the festival tour started because I didn't want any spoilers before last night's show. Now that that is over, I'm trying to catch up. Already saw the vevo behind the scenes video, but remember hearing something about a rehearsal audio (I remember reading both a "full version with chatter and false starts" and a more stream-line cleaned up version exist) and that the conversation with Trent (which I found out is an itunes only exclusive, boo!) were available somewhere? If anyone could point me in a direction, I'll be off reading what feels like thousands of pages of posts you guys have made in the past month.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Anyone got a close up of Atticus's tattoo?
    Best image I've got (I think) http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/image/12779535937

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Legend! Thanks a lot! X

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Ok, so I've been gone from ETS since the festival tour started because I didn't want any spoilers before last night's show. Now that that is over, I'm trying to catch up. Already saw the vevo behind the scenes video, but remember hearing something about a rehearsal audio (I remember reading both a "full version with chatter and false starts" and a more stream-line cleaned up version exist) and that the conversation with Trent (which I found out is an itunes only exclusive, boo!) were available somewhere? If anyone could point me in a direction, I'll be off reading what feels like thousands of pages of posts you guys have made in the past month.
    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho...ehearsals.html

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Which THTF live version is the "right" one? Prior to the 2013 tour I never heard Trent sing it the way he did in Fuji, but I just watched it during the We Made America festival, where he singed it in the old way again, except the last line of the second chorus.

Personally, I prefer the new version.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Which THTF live version is the "right" one? Prior to the 2013 tour I never heard Trent sing it the way he did in Fuji, but I just watched it during the We Made America festival, where he singed it in the old way again, except the last line of the second chorus.

Personally, I prefer the new version.
    There is no right version. Most songs change tour by tour, even standards like Hurt and Terrible Lie have had variations over the years. Choose your favourite!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is there some sort of smoke emanating from Trent's body? Especially apparent at 19:00. Was this a recurring feature of the With Teeth stage setup?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Is there some sort of smoke emanating from Trent's body? Especially apparent at 19:00. Was this a recurring feature of the With Teeth stage setup?

Isn't that just steam from sweating way too much?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Trent is the smoke monster