Page 20 of 216 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So I found my very first Nine Inch Nails t shirt the other day. I remember I bought it at a Slackers near my house. It was the Deep t shirt that came out in 2001.

I still have many other NIN shirts that are either way too big for me now, ex lovers have them and so on....but what was everyone else's first Nine Inch Nails shirt and does anyone still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    mine's not nearly as precious but it's still in fantastic shape.
    Same here with me. I have both the Fragility and With Teeth tour books and although they're in storage boxes, I still get them out every now and then to look at them again. Those were some of my earliest online NIN purchase memories...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I googled the tour book out of curiousity, but it didn't come up for me (even with PhoenixML's suggestion above) for some reason. I already have it, so... Fragility tour book. I don't use my box.net account much, so it will be there for a long time unless it gets TOS'd for some reason. edit: Or... use Scarlet's link below
    Last edited by blassster; 06-01-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: poop scoop

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Y'all looking for the Fragility tour book? http://www.docseek.net/krtwtm/nn-fra...tour-book.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I still have many other NIN shirts that are either way too big for me now, ex lovers have them and so on....but what was everyone else's first Nine Inch Nails shirt and does anyone still have it?
    Most of my older ones I wore so much that they looked pretty crappy by the last time I moved and I (regrettably, in retrospect) got rid of a ton of them.

My first was the Downward Spiral shirt with the stitched NIN logo on the front with the purple coil and track listing on the back.

The one I really wish I could find or still had was a white shirt with the devil on the front with the logo on the back in I think black with the red sickle design. I can't even find a picture of the damn thing.

Speaking of which . . . isn't there a t shirt archive around somewhere?
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 06-01-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My first shirt was a survivalism shirt with the cover of the single on it. I wore XL at the time, and I eventually lost a ton of weight and now wear a medium, so I gave it away.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Speaking of which . . . isn't there a t shirt archive around somewhere?
    http://ninshirts.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    It would be that simple wouldn't it? Yet, Google is worthless.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    You're welcome. I couldn't find it either, until I decided to search 'nin shirts' instead of 'nine inch nails shirts'.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the best NIN shirt is the black Self-Destruct tour long-sleeve with "all the pigs, all lined up" on the arm. that's a tough, evil-looking shirt.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Y'all looking for the Fragility tour book? http://www.docseek.net/krtwtm/nn-fra...tour-book.html
    Any idea what those NIN-brand CD-R's have written on them?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Any idea what those NIN-brand CD-R's have written on them?
    They are copies of master recordings. If you zoom in you can see the spines of some of the other CDs: "10 Miles High" "Metal" (which hadn't been released at that point) "Stained" "Anomaly" ... and one of the labels on the CDs facing us says "March of the Pigs 2 of 2"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The NIN facebook account just posted that their tumblr had pictures from the Lights in the Sky rehearsals but I can't find them - anyone seen these?

Thanks - I wasn't looking hard enough
    vvv
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-04-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Just scroll past the Fragile stuff. Those pictures aren't totally new since AFAIK they were already posted in smaller resolution over the course of the rehearsals in 2008 on nin.com.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So glad that I own that Fragility book. When I bought it, a friend of mine said, "Why do you want to get that for?". Thank God I didn't listen to him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When was The Good Soldier "released" as a "single"?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    When was The Good Soldier "released" as a "single"?
    Was it one of the USB songs? Maybe, tenuously, if you count that. Otherwise no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Speaking of Year Zero and the ARG.
    I was just looking at Exhibit24, because I like seeing me name in print, and notcied that almost all the songs of Year Zero are listed as usernames (in one way or another) - Did we know the names of the songs when that part of the game was found?

http://exhibit24.net/net2.htm

Some of them may be me projecting, but here are some usernames on the list:

HyperHaloPower

SURVIVALISM
    theGoodSoldier
    Vessel-

CapitalGisGod
    MyViolentHeart

The Presence
    GODGIVENzero

The Greater God (I know that one is a stretch, but I'm tired)
    the_great_destroyer
    in_this_twilight
    ZerosAndOnes [Deceased]

Again, if this part of the game came after the album was revealed, than it's likely these are other forum users from the time that were listed, if these aren't users and song titles, then like the screen caps from the fragile sessions - a good deal of info about the album was right in front of us (not that we could ever know)

Also I always thought 'Capital G' was about God (as I don't see Bush still being president in 2022, and the Year Zero world had America become a theocracy, justifying it's actions using God) so 'CapitalGisGod' makes me smile.

I'm now predicting someone will tell me that the above was found already and that I should go to bed :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I don't know where else to put it. Has there been an article detailing what Columbia is doing "right?" Bowie, Depeche Mode, QotSA and NIN... all these people could be anywhere and all have output through Columbia this year. I am curious as to how they got these guys (some who are obviously vocal about bad contracts) and what the secret of their success this year has been. Anyone seen anything?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintNoir View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I don't know where else to put it. Has there been an article detailing what Columbia is doing "right?" Bowie, Depeche Mode, QotSA and NIN... all these people could be anywhere and all have output through Columbia this year.
    It says Matador Records on my ...Like Clockwork release. I think Daft Punk was one big name there this year.

Other than that, I have no idea. I guess they're just giving more freedom to the artists, dealing mostly with the marketing and distribution. It must be something reasonable, otherwise I doubt Trent would even consider it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    It says Matador Records on my ...Like Clockwork release. I think Daft Punk was one big name there this year.
    You are right. I knew there were 4 I considered BIG releases from big artists. Thanks for the correction.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Apple download pages do say: "2013 Null Corporation, under exclusive license to Columbia Records" which is probably a big clue

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just saw that QOTSA had two performances on David Letterman. Wondering if NIN will do any late-night TV appearances.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Just saw that QOTSA had two performances on David Letterman. Wondering if NIN will do any late-night TV appearances.
    They need to do David Letterman just once or maybe a week on Jimmy Fallon. I don't think NIN should ever do Jay Leno. That guy's a dick.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    NIN doesn't fit on any talk show format...even TR said that once....if they do end up playing a talk show, that would reek of Columbia Records pulling the strings

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They need to do David Letterman just once or maybe a week on Jimmy Fallon. I don't think NIN should ever do Jay Leno. That guy's a dick.
    i really wanted to post the clip from the first clone high episode wherein joan says, "pfft...you WOULD like leno" to principal scudworth and he replies, "how DARE you insult that big-chinned every-man and his various african-american band-leaders! perhaps some time in my DEATH MAZE will teach you a lesson! OH HO HO HO HO!"

but the internet has let me down, today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Are the crowd chanting "hyperpower"? (you know, in HYPERPOWER!​)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Letterman has several times during shows asked Paul when "that Nine Inch Nail Trent" would do his show. Especially after the Woodstock performance he was in awe of Trent in particular.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trent finally lets go and starts doing TV again, I'm sure Columbia would want them to.

They just need to do the right song that represents NIN for real and not any "poppy" single tune.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We all know what Trent looks like on TV

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    NIN doesn't fit on any talk show format...even TR said that once....if they do end up playing a talk show, that would reek of Columbia Records pulling the strings
    That's just pretension, TR can play on any talk show, just don't do Closer and Heresy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I guess the only 2 times they ever did tv shows were dance party usa which was a disaster and that 2005 uk tv performance which was very bizarre...I just don't think NIN fits into a tv show format....Mike Patton just played with Tomahawk on jimmy fallon and looked ridiculously uncomfortable, to the point he had to censor himself and say "fricken" instead of "fucking"....if they did SNL where they got to do 2 songs and do whatever 2 songs they want, that would be cool...or jools Holland which is huge in the UK..otherwise, the fuck with tv shows
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 06-07-2013 at 01:58 PM.