Page 201 of 215 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    A full length version of this should have been included with the DEFINITIVE version of TF. Maybe we'll get it whenever the DEFINITIVE version of AATCHB/STILL comes out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's been a while since I have been here, so sorry if this has been asked... But does anyone knows why remix.nin.com was shut down? I miss that place, some great remixes from the fans 😢

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    It's been a while since I have been here, so sorry if this has been asked... But does anyone knows why remix.nin.com was shut down? I miss that place, some great remixes from the fans 
    If I remember rightly it was because the record company were worried someone might upload copyrighted material (other than NIN?) and they’d be liable

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    If I remember rightly it was because the record company were worried someone might upload copyrighted material (other than NIN?) and they’d be liable
    No, that's not right. What happened was in Dec. 2016, they did a relaunch of the entire nin.com platform, coinciding with the release of NTAE and the definitive editions. The previous nin.com platform had been built-up since the Year Zero days and the technology was growing stale. The only major update had been moving the main webpage to a tumblr blog during the Hesitation Marks days. Major portions of nin.com had basically been on autopilot and were decaying, including remix.nin.com and the forums. With the modernization of the platform, they also changed web hosts, and everything from before was basically unceremoniously dumped, including remix.nin.com.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    No, that's not right. What happened was in Dec. 2016, they did a relaunch of the entire nin.com platform, coinciding with the release of NTAE and the definitive editions. The previous nin.com platform had been built-up since the Year Zero days and the technology was growing stale. The only major update had been moving the main webpage to a tumblr blog during the Hesitation Marks days. Major portions of nin.com had basically been on autopilot and were decaying, including remix.nin.com and the forums. With the modernization of the platform, they also changed web hosts, and everything from before was basically unceremoniously dumped, including remix.nin.com.
    wow I thought it had shut down years before that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That's so sad Alexa play despacito

Damn, I really miss the whole nin.com from those years. I remember that it was very 'fan friendly', with our personalized profiles and the access to remix.nin. I have also been searching to redownload some tracks but the websites are dead so it’s definelty bc of the relaunch. Kinda feels like the burning of some part of NIN history. :/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    All the MP3s from remix.nin.com are on archive.org if anyone is still looking to download stuff...
    https://archive.org/details/remix-nin-com-collection

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    All the MP3s from remix.nin.com are on archive.org if anyone is still looking to download stuff...
    https://archive.org/details/remix-nin-com-collection
    I recently grabbed the ones I did from there.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    has a full length version of this song ever been leaked anywhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dont think theres more to it if it was commissioned for the ad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any word on if we’re getting Ghosts V & VI vinyl release??

Why is Quake the only Nine Inch Nails album without a Halo no?

In This Isn’t The Place, why is Trent saying Carrow me home? The sleeve lyrics read “Carry me home” but even in live versions he is singing “Carrow? / Carro? Carol??? me home”

that is all

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Any word on if we’re getting Ghosts V & VI vinyl release??
    That probably depends on whether or not any of the tracks contain material from the discarded score for The Woman In The Window. If they do, then Disney (who now owns 20th Century Fox) would most likely have to sign off on it. Might not be out of the question now that Trent & Atticus have worked for them and brought home some Oscar gold for one of their films.

Why is Quake the only Nine Inch Nails album without a Halo no?
    It was never released on its own until last year, and since it's a game score, it has a Null number.

In This Isn’t The Place, why is Trent saying Carrow me home? The sleeve lyrics read “Carry me home” but even in live versions he is singing “Carrow? / Carro? Carol??? me home”
    I...think you're hearing things with this one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

I...think you're hearing things with this one.
    Hmm, maybe. If you listen here @ 17:55 though he is definitely saying “oh” rather than “ee” at the end of “carry”

Care oh me home, maybe? Although that doesn’t make much sense. Maybe Trent just pronounces this particular word in a strange way. Just something I’ve wondered for a while but never asked, figuring it was some Bowie reference or something.
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 05-18-2021 at 05:47 AM. Reason: OCD

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think he's just playing with the word for effect. It could also be a reference to the nonsensical lyrics in "Subterraneans". Bowie pronounces "Caroline" in a similar way.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I wondered about that odd pronunciation myself...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you're asking what the "awitha teetha" guy is saying?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    you're asking what the "awitha teetha" guy is saying?
    I usually roll with "a-wetha-teeth-uh"

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    he’s obviously saying “carrie” like my name

i think he’s saying carry or carry on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I know Down In It was at least partially recorded in London, does anyone know if any other PHM track were done in London, and which studios were used for which?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I know Down In It was at least partially recorded in London, does anyone know if any other PHM track were done in London, and which studios were used for which?
    This article gives some idea of the production process for PHM, and you can corroborate and correlate it with the detailed production credits. Down In It was finished first, with some pre-production mixing done by Keith LeBlanc and then the production done by sending the tapes to Adrian Sherwood in London. After that, in early 1989, Trent spent a month in London with John Fryer at Blackwing Studios. They worked on a lot of the songs, but at the end of it, Trent wasn't happy (and didn't get along well with Fryer). So Trent had LeBlanc do another production pass on a lot of the tracks in New York after returning to the states. Flood worked with Trent in Boston on Head Like a Hole and Terrible Lie. I'm not sure when exactly that slots into the timeline, whether before London or after. And I believe in the end, after all the producers were done, Trent and Chris Vrenna worked together to edit and sequence the album including the transitions and segues to make it cohesive.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think he's just playing with the word for effect. It could also be a reference to the nonsensical lyrics in "Subterraneans". Bowie pronounces "Caroline" in a similar way.
    That makes the most sense to me as well.

Carr-uh me home. (With-uh your teeth-uh).

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tip-of-my-tongue question: I remember an interview/article with Trent about the Year Zero ARG that had a, well, ARG of its own: some paragraphs were missing and you had to fill them in yourself (I think using highlighted letters from the rest of the article). If you succeeded, you would unlock more information from Trent. Anyone has that link? And does the "game" still work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So this is a hella random question. Also, it's been a while so, hello again! To everyone who purchased the March of the Pigs single before The Downward Spiral, was it weird to hear remixes of Reptile before actually being able to listen to the album version? This question never really dawned on me cause I bought the single after downward spiral but it's bugging me this morning. The only thing I can imagine liken it to, is when I had seen Closure before actually owning any albums. That being just being kind of immersed in this weird collection of soundscapes that made sense with all the random tour clips and segues between videos but being clueless of their origins. Anyway, that's that. Also, A Violet Fluid still rules.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    interesting thought. There was a clip on some awards show where they were talking about the year in music and they played some clips from Woodstock '94 and there was one clip that caught my imagination fierce. Like, those 1.5 seconds were played over and over in my head because of the iconography and music combo. Imagine my surprise months later when I finally got Broken - TDS was when the band was 'big' enough to be known of in my neck of the woods - and I hear him yell "Slave screams!" and it immediately took me back to those 1.5 seconds because it turns out that was NIN at Woodstock.

It was the middle of track practice and I ran over to my friends and told them because I was so excited.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    I had AATCHB on CD for a long time before I finally heard studio versions of pre-Fragile material. That was quite a shock, especially for PHM material.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    So this is a hella random question. Also, it's been a while so, hello again! To everyone who purchased the March of the Pigs single before The Downward Spiral, was it weird to hear remixes of Reptile before actually being able to listen to the album version? This question never really dawned on me cause I bought the single after downward spiral but it's bugging me this morning. The only thing I can imagine liken it to, is when I had seen Closure before actually owning any albums. That being just being kind of immersed in this weird collection of soundscapes that made sense with all the random tour clips and segues between videos but being clueless of their origins. Anyway, that's that. Also, A Violet Fluid still rules.
    The bigger question I have for these folks is: what the hell did you think of Big Man With A Gun?!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    The bigger question I have for these folks is: what the hell did you think of Big Man With A Gun?!
    Honestly, at the time it sounded funny to me. When Trent explained in interviews that it served as a sort of satire on gangsta rap, that made sense but it still sounded silly.

In the years since though, culture has shifted and now that song sounds kind of disturbing to me. The lyrics now read like an incel’s online manifesto before he shoots up a yoga studio or sorority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    When I heard it, I immediately took it as satire - portraying a man who is insecure and overcompensating. "I'm every inch a man, and I'll show you somehow." It was a weird messed up window into a man's mind when he's obsessed with how weak and insignificant he feels.

By the time TDS was out, I already had Under the Pink, and I knew Trent sang on that album. So it was a weird flip - considering Tori's Me and and Gun off Little Earthquakes, so I thought there was no way BMWAG was something to be taken literally.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    Here, you can read some contemporaneous reactions:

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/P7CotpWVQoQJ
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/SiH2J5t4iGUJ
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/ZYIRvIGwW9QJ
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.musi...m/QoIyUFH9d-AJ