Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 5830

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    A lot of the stuff is mirrored at https://yearzero.netninja.com/, but obviously, the experience is way different. You can’t really play it without spoilers, and you probably need to mess around a bit to get everything to load properly in your browser. IIRC, lots of the sites used Flash. It was 2007, after all.
    If it does use Flash, anyone wanting to peruse those sites should do so before the end of this year. Flash is expiring and at least three major browsers (Chrome, IE, FF) will be blocking it.

That pdf isn't exactly the best quality, sadly. Bear in mind that some of it is transcripted. For example, 24.3.1's message played when you called a phone number. You can find more info (and audio) here: https://www.nin.wiki/12163331810#Transcription
    24.9.1 is a video whose website was found in some of the distorted breakdown of The Great Destroyer. You should watch that video. 24.9.2 further explains it.

It's probably best to check each web page in 24.X.X order, look at it on the pdf and the netninja site, then check ninwiki for extra info.

I'd recommend going through The Mailstrom last. It's a bit of a slog, to be honest.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Perhaps the DEFINITIVE version of YZ will include some sort of walkthrough/archive of the ARG as a compliment to the album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oh it has to be brought up in the essay for sure. Be insane if it reactivated and the essay and vinyl etc provided more clues.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Oh it has to be brought up in the essay for sure. Be insane if it reactivated and the essay and vinyl etc provided more clues.
    I think Rob would be a lot more involved than it seems he has been to this point if there were some sort of reboot/re-release of the original.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was going through the YZ multitracks over the past few days and noticed some of the tracks have some really odd BPMs. Good Soldier is 87.43, Vessel is 91.9941, and Capital G is 109.0001.

Anyone have any insight or speculation on those?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I was going through the YZ multitracks over the past few days and noticed some of the tracks have some really odd BPMs. Good Soldier is 87.43, Vessel is 91.9941, and Capital G is 109.0001.

Anyone have any insight or speculation on those?
    ARG

In all seriousness, this may actually be something we missed. Trent did say there were some things he thought were obvious which were completely overlooked.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    ARG

In all seriousness, this may actually be something we missed. Trent did say there were some things he thought were obvious which were completely overlooked.
    Um...it’s been a while for me. Anyone have a guess as to the meaning of those numbers, if indeed we’re talking ARG? None of those full tracks were available before the album release, right? If I recall correctly, it went:

”My Violent Heart”
    ”Survivalism”
    ”Me, I’m Not”
    ”In This Twilight”

And that was it before release day. So what would they even be pointing to?

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot that the album leaked in toto a week before release day. But that doesn’t change the original question of how the numbers would be significant/what they’d be pointing to. Though it does remind me how sadly long ago all that fun was.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Um...it’s been a while for me. Anyone have a guess as to the meaning of those numbers, if indeed we’re talking ARG? None of those full tracks were available before the album release, right?

And that was it before release day. So what would they even be pointing to?
    The ARG continued a little after the album released. Year Zero itself contained many links to websites as-yet unseen, such as the morse code in AVOTT, Red Horse Vector in The Great Destroyer, and so on. My point is that just because this wouldn't have been found before the album dropped doesn't mean it wasn't anything at all.

There may be nothing in the track bpms. Seems suspicious. It's too late now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The ARG continued a little after the album released. Year Zero itself contained many links to websites as-yet unseen, such as the morse code in AVOTT, Red Horse Vector in The Great Destroyer, and so on. My point is that just because this wouldn't have been found before the album dropped doesn't mean it wasn't anything at all.

There may be nothing in the track bpms. Seems suspicious. It's too late now.
    @ rob on twitter, I think he'd get a kick out of hearing we found something 12 years later.

Edit: perhaps they're shards, but those were mostly words, not number strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everybody, does anyone know where I can find full version of this interview? I tried on reddit but no response so far. You're my last hope ;(. BTW. Is there any kind of video interview hub? Something like ninlive.com but for interviews?
    Last edited by snayper666; 06-17-2020 at 04:48 PM.