Page 191 of 215 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Why are Mabon Hodges and Al Green credited as writers for Head Like A Hole?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Because YouTube's algorithm for finding copyrighted material is fucked up.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    A mash-up of "Head Like a Hole" and "Take Me to the River" would be pretty excellent tho.

Last edited by botley; 04-10-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    A mash-up of "Head Like a Hole" and "Take Me to the River" would be pretty excellent tho.
    "take me to the hole"
    "head like a river"
    "take me to the head" (of the class)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "take me to the hole"
    "head like a river"
    "take me to the head" (of the class)
    Dude. Why.

(Thank you).
    Last edited by shagg_187; 04-10-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I love this fucking place.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Does anyone have this picture in a better resolution?

It's been hanging on one of my walls for some time now as I have that same smilodon skull placed underneath it, but I thought it could use a little update. Mainly because the colors have faded massively, so why not try it with a better resolution of said pic? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I would like to know as well. For...reasons.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    weird random question:
    back around the time of "year-zero" era; trent posted an a playlist of songs that he liked; there was this one artist (whose name i cannot name i cannot remember for the life of me) that he said was heavily inspirational to him during the making of the fragile; I remember saying that this guy was "the real-deal"
    The artist was very obscure- i had never heard of him before but I can remember checking out the playlist he posted and his songs are very piano heavy/melodic sounding and a few of titles of the songs having the word "love" in the them; I believe his name was Thomas something???
    For whatever reason( prob bc Ghost V reminds of the way the his music sounds) I was trying to think of who it was to give his music a listen to again but couldnt remember his name
    Anyone remember who it was or do I sound completely crazy??

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    weird random question:
    back around the time of "year-zero" era; trent posted an a playlist of songs that he liked; there was this one artist (whose name i cannot name i cannot remember for the life of me) that he said was heavily inspirational to him during the making of the fragile; I remember saying that this guy was "the real-deal"
    The artist was very obscure- i had never heard of him before but I can remember checking out the playlist he posted and his songs are very piano heavy/melodic sounding and a few of titles of the songs having the word "love" in the them; I believe his name was Thomas something???
    For whatever reason( prob bc Ghost V reminds of the way the his music sounds) I was trying to think of who it was to give his music a listen to again but couldnt remember his name
    Anyone remember who it was or do I sound completely crazy??
    Was it The Magnetic Fields? 69 Love Songs?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Regardless of whether that's who they're thinking of (And that'd be Stephin Merritt - no Thomas here), I highly recommend that trilogy (and The Magnetic Fields in general). Trent did mention them at one point, but I don't know if that was all the way back in The Fragile era.

Last edited by theimage13; 04-17-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Stephin Merritt = awesome. One of my fav song writers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Stephin Merritt = awesome. One of my fav song writers.
    Yes, Trent certainly is a fan:

In a January 2011 issue of Entertainment Weekly Trent Reznor introduced "69 Love Songs" as some of the music he was listening to at that time:
    "It really is a work of genius in terms of songwriting. I admire Stephin Merrit's ability to hop from genre to genre; the lyrics are endearing; and there's just an incredible amount of talent on display, in an almost irritating way."

And he made a special playlist on blip.fm:

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "California Girls":
    A track from their latest record, Distortion.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "I Don't Believe You":
    From their record "I". All songs start with the letter I.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "Strange Powers":
    This playlist is dedicated to The Magnetic Fields. Stephin Merritt is one of our generation's greatest songwriters. These are some of my faves.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "I Wish I Had An Evil Twin":
    The lyrics, the melodies, the humor and the heartbreak - Merritt is the real deal. If you haven't heard this stuff - open your mind and dig in.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "I Don't Want to Get Over You":
    I discovered The Magnetic Fields around 2000 and have listened to these records non-stop since then. If you are not familiar and interested... (cont)

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "I Don't Believe in the Sun":
    ... try starting with "Holiday", then dive into the opus: "69 Love Songs". There are more ideas on that record alone than most bands' entire careers.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side":
    I know I'm going on, but these records have really meant that much to me. I hope this resonates with some of you.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "The Trouble I've Been Looking for":
    If you get hooked on "69 Love Songs", check out "I" next.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "Swinging London":
    Every one of these have specific fond memories attached.

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "The Book of Love":
    Hope you enjoyed. If you did, please support by buying! Next time will be the complete opposite of this. Noise / dance playlist. Thanks, TR

In April 2009 Trent Reznor blipped the song "I Don't Really Love You Any More":
    OK, one last request I forgot!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This makes me so happy. Thanks for sharing that. The Magnetic Fields created, much like NIN, music that helped me get through times....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Stephin complained back in 2012 that every time he tries to buy a new synth, he can't because Reznor got the last one. That always makes me laugh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    yesyesyessss , thank you so much! this has been bothering me for a while. great music
    i was def way off with the 'thomas' hint but u guys nailed it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'd like to see that "Noise / dance playlist".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'd like to see that "Noise / dance playlist".
    Unfortunately Trent abandoned Blip.fm (and most of social media) right after creating this playlist. One more 'soon' that never came to be.

He had shared some songs earlier though. You can find all of it here: https://blip.fm/trent_reznor

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Anyone know which Russell Mills artwork was used for thninchnails' heresy single? I'm looking for it in high quality.

I've been through his website a couple of times and cannot find it. Is it in Cargo In The Blood?

For those who have no idea what I'm on about, here's a low-quality version (from Watchmen 3).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Anyone know which Russell Mills artwork was used for thninchnails' heresy single? I'm looking for it in high quality.

I've been through his website a couple of times and cannot find it. Is it in Cargo In The Blood?

For those who have no idea what I'm on about, here's a low-quality version (from Watchmen 3).

It's part of the same painting that was used for tape 1 of Closure, but I've never found an image of that painting on its own.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    It's part of the same painting that was used for tape 1 of Closure, but I've never found an image of that painting on its own.
    I knew I recognised it from somewhere. Haven't taken my VHS out for years. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    It literally always makes me smile that Trent Reznor is the person who introduced me to Grizzly Bear.
    Actually TR introduced me to a fair amount of my favourite artists. Including, but not limited to The Magnetic Fields, Soft Cell, David Bowie, HEALTH, Joy Division, Gary Numan and The Dresden Dolls. That's quite a varied selection stylewise and I love it.

Although I couldn't get into Grizzly Bear it's always worth checking out stuff he recommend. Some time ago I created a list in order to keep track/ remember stuff. You can find it here: https://www.listal.com/list/trent-reznor-man-his

An overhaul of the list is loong overdue. I've been way too busy in the last years.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    My god, if I made a list of all the music that I've gotten into or admired more sincerely with TR's help...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Actually TR introduced me to a fair amount of my favourite artists. Including, but not limited to The Magnetic Fields, Soft Cell, David Bowie, HEALTH, Joy Division, Gary Numan and The Dresden Dolls. That's quite a varied selection stylewise and I love it.

Although I couldn't get into Grizzly Bear it's always worth checking out stuff he recommend. Some time ago I created a list in order to keep track/ remember stuff. You can find it here: https://www.listal.com/list/trent-reznor-man-his

An overhaul of the list is loong overdue. I've been way too busy in the last years.
    huh, I wonder if that's why I have Veckatimest in my iTunes folder. I remember seeing it a couple years ago and not remembering why I had it. Listened to it and was blown away but the album but still didn't have a clue why or how I got it. I mean it had zero plays but had been in my library for a very long time, seven years probably.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Does anyone know WTF is this photo? It's a screenshot from Vessel @ one of the LITS shows

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^ it looks like twiggy, but i'm not sure who the other two people are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a random ass fuckin question but, Im a young harcore nin fan who loves collecting vhs and nin stuff, does anybody have a broken movie transfer on their computer thats from an actual vhs copy. I want to see what the dub on dubs on dubs copy of broken would look like.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

Does anyone know WTF is this photo? It's a screenshot from Vessel @ one of the LITS shows
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ^^^ it looks like twiggy, but i'm not sure who the other two people are.
    If that's Jeordie White, the girl to his left could very well be Jessicka Addams. She had a similar fringe at one point or another.
    Kinda fucked up if that's the case.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought it was a one-time thing, but then I checked a few surrounding dates and the same photo was there in the same place. Try Lollapalooza and Virgin Fest videos at some point after 4:20 into the song, if anyone's interested in some detective work.

upd: It's also in the clips from the end of the tour (e.g. Sacramento), so frame-by-frame search of The Gift/AVOTT should reveal better quality image, if the camera angle is right.
    Last edited by fillow; 04-22-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Due to the lack of concerts in my life at the moment I decided to watch beside you in time.. while reading about it on ninwiki, its stated theres a year Zero ARG clue in the booklet of the bluray, i cannot find it for the life of me, can anyone help me out?