Page 187 of 215 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You can reiterate "don't buy" over and over, we know all this and i don't plan to buy anytime soon... Should have clarified. Maybe in a sense of "diamond among coal". You know, how there are sometimes bootlegs that have just the right amount of presentation and capture the moment in history unlike official release? For example, D. Bowie and his "Live in Santa Monica '72" that the label ignored for many years but finally adopted for a legit release.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    They are all sourced from that soundboard recording linked earlier, so there is no "better" quality to be found on them. Just download the original for free from ninlive.com. Don't buy the bootlegs, unless you're interested in the physical product itself for some reason.
    It's safe to say that some of those older bootlegs (the pressed CDs) aren't even from the DAT master. That wasn't shared until 2009, I believe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Why don't more bands, like NIN, record their shows and make them available for purchase/download.

Or better yet print download codes onto the tickets and concert goers can download a free copy of the show they attended. Added value!

I mean, how hard is it for the sound techs to hit record. Save as flac/mp3. Zip. Upload to NIN.COM/LIVE.

Pearl Jam does it!

https://pearljam.com/shop/music/bootlegs

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Why don't more bands, like NIN, record their shows and make them available for purchase/download.
    I believe Trent has mentioned in the past that he wants to control the quality of live releases, and that some performances just haven't been up to snuff for various reasons (technical issues, band fatigue, etc). I'm sure that's why he's had open taping policies in the past, because then it's entirely in the hands of the fans, and no money has to be exchanged, so no one can feel ripped off if a performance doesn't 100% meet their expectations.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I imagine for NIN, part of the obstacle for doing it on the scale of Pearl Jam is the song rights being split across Bicycle Music, Universal, and Null Corp.

Another issue might be the fact that for some tours, the setlists are identical or near-identical from show to show. It's not like Pearl Jam where every single show is different.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Remember a while ago @kraw said that the artwork for the trilogy would all make sense once they all came out or something like that?

I’m really curious to know what those scratch marks that appear on all three EPs are meant to represent, if anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe someone changed his mind again.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Does Trent really own (or used to own) the Strawberry Fields Forever mellotron? Or was it just the same type of mellotron the Beatles used? And what song was it used on?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Does Trent really own (or used to own) the Strawberry Fields Forever mellotron? Or was it just the same type of mellotron the Beatles used? And what song was it used on?
    according to ninwiki:

On this EP, there are louder mixes and more distortion on every instrument, including a classic Mellotron MKIV (originally owned by John Lennon), which can be heard most noticeably on the track "Gave Up".
    also according to ninwiki, a mellotron was used on the downward spiral and the fragile, as well as (if memory serves) pretty extensively on antichrist superstar. couldn't tell you exactly which songs on TDS or the fragile without listening through again, but i know it's in there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I believe Trent has mentioned in the past that he wants to control the quality of live releases,
    A perfect way to control the quality of live releases is by filming a bunch of shows and sitting on the footage!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It was owned by Ted Field, but Jimmy Iovine got him to loan it to Trent for a few years.
    Last edited by zecho; 11-08-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The M400 was not released until 1970, so while it may have been owned by John Lennon, it was not used on any recordings for The Beatles. The "Strawberry Fields" mellotron is a MKII.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also according to ninwiki, a mellotron was used on the downward spiral and the fragile, as well as (if memory serves) pretty extensively on antichrist superstar. couldn't tell you exactly which songs on TDS or the fragile without listening through again, but i know it's in there.
    The mellotron is the flute sound on "The Downward Spiral", and it can be heard during the bridge of "The Fragile".

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Why aren't the definitive editions on Spotify?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Agree. Don't understand why TR wouldn't want to make this available to everyone (expect downloads from wherever).

Also, Deviations.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    as far as i remember, the digital versions were only available to those who purchased the vinyl, similar to deviations.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Did Ghosts get pulled from Spotify?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post

Yep.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    To keep them exclusive/ special. I'm only guessing here.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Spotify sounds like fucking shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Are the DEs on any digital service?

Speaking of digital services, and totally random here, I got an email from Sirius XM saying next weekend is free (for those that have it in your car but are not currently subscribed.)
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 11-24-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's 100% fine for background music or listening in the car. but if i want to actively listen to music? yeah, no, not using spotify.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Are the DEs on any digital service?

Speaking of digital services, and totally random here, I got an email from Sirius XM saying next weekend is free (for those that have it in your car but are not currently subscribed.)
    Side note: the built-in Sirius for cars is pretty snazzy and I can't find one like that for install aftermarket. is there a reason for that? Or do I suck at searching?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The M400 was not released until 1970, so while it may have been owned by John Lennon, it was not used on any recordings for The Beatles. The "Strawberry Fields" mellotron is a MKII.

The mellotron is the flute sound on "The Downward Spiral", and it can be heard during the bridge of "The Fragile".
    You can also hear the Mellotron strings setting at the conclusion of "You Know What You Are?" (mixed in along with a bunch of other keyboard sounds). If memory serves, they also used some of the Mellotron for Dragon Tattoo and perhaps other score stuff. I have a vague recollection of it popping up on Welcome oblivion as well, or was that Hesitation Marks? Anyway, it's got a fairly recognizable wobbly sound on account of using old fluttery tape loops to produce notes.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    You can also hear the Mellotron strings setting at the conclusion of "You Know What You Are?" (mixed in along with a bunch of other keyboard sounds). If memory serves, they also used some of the Mellotron for Dragon Tattoo and perhaps other score stuff. I have a vague recollection of it popping up on Welcome oblivion as well, or was that Hesitation Marks? Anyway, it's got a fairly recognizable wobbly sound on account of using old fluttery tape loops to produce notes.
    You're right about HM or WO, I forgot about that one. Looks like I'll be taking a break from the last few months of amazing new releases and listening for wonky sounds!

I didn't know about the mellotron in "YKWYA?" until this new remaster. Like you pointed out, it's mixed in there with other keyboard sounds.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Which FLACs purchased from NIN.com have embedded lyrics?

I know the DE of WT has them, as well as the normal releases for NTAE/AV/BW. What about the other DE releases?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    To keep them exclusive/ special. I'm only guessing here.
    It's pretty lame to keep your music exclusive like this for money's sake. Pointless to get into an argument about it, because there are many go to excuses to defend this ("he put his time and soul into those editions!! don't be so cheap!!"; "he's not the same person who told us to steal it, get over it", etc), but at the end of the day it's gating your music for money grab's sake. I can't nod to that in this day and age, when you have sooo many ways to live off by your whales. Even just the vinyls themselves are hot commodities.

As for Spotify, I'm sure it's more than decent for 99% of its audience. But there are other music streaming platforms as well. Release it as an exclusive somewhere then, like on Apple. It'd be still annoying as fuck, but mostly because of how these "friendly" streaming services slowly turned into these abominations, where we are pretty much back at the start as in we rather pirate their shit, than subscribe to 6 different services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post

Looks like it's back up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What is the relation between the Broken and Fixed albums ?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    What is the relation between the Broken and Fixed albums ?
    Fixed is the remix album for Broken.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's pretty lame to keep your music exclusive like this for money's sake. Pointless to get into an argument about it, because there are many go to excuses to defend this ("he put his time and soul into those editions!! don't be so cheap!!"; "he's not the same person who told us to steal it, get over it", etc), but at the end of the day it's gating your music for money grab's sake. I can't nod to that in this day and age, when you have sooo many ways to live off by your whales. Even just the vinyls themselves are hot commodities.

As for Spotify, I'm sure it's more than decent for 99% of its audience. But there are other music streaming platforms as well. Release it as an exclusive somewhere then, like on Apple. It'd be still annoying as fuck, but mostly because of how these "friendly" streaming services slowly turned into these abominations, where we are pretty much back at the start as in we rather pirate their shit, than subscribe to 6 different services.
    I hear you. I'm not defending or endorsing, just answering what I think was the reasoning.