Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187
Results 5,581 to 5,604 of 5604

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #5581
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    old ETS: Nov 2006
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a nerdy question: I remember that some years ago, I read an interview with a German guitarist who was auditioning for being a NIN touring member in the early 90s. He (obviously) never made it to becoming a regular touring member of NIN. Does anyone of you remember this guy's name? I know there was some sort of article and/or interview about this somewhere. I read it and it gave more or less detailed information about the auditions and so on. It was interesting.

    Hope someone can help me here (either by mentioning this guy's name or linking the article/interview). Thanks!

  2. #5582
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    old ETS: Nov 2006
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    I've got a nerdy question: I remember that some years ago, I read an interview with a German guitarist who was auditioning for being a NIN touring member in the early 90s. He (obviously) never made it to becoming a regular touring member of NIN. Does anyone of you remember this guy's name? I know there was some sort of article and/or interview about this somewhere. I read it and it gave more or less detailed information about the auditions and so on. It was interesting.

    Hope someone can help me here (either by mentioning this guy's name or linking the article/interview). Thanks!
    Finally found it! German version (use google translate): http://www.nin-pages.de/2005_Visions_Juli.htm

  3. #5583
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hey, anyone remembers the library of drums and distorted samples that T&A used for Year Zero ?

    I remember some sort of a mostly white cover with the name of a guy containing "Z" in it, could be wrong, just fragments..

  4. #5584
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,079
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Is there a comprehensive TR image archive with photographer credits? This reddit post got me wondering if it would be easier to mockup a design and find a print house that can print 40x60".

    It seems like both of the images below were taken during the same photo session (possibly around the MOTP video shoot in 1994?).


  5. #5585
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    It seems like both of the images below were taken during the same photo session (possibly around the MOTP video shoot in 1994?).
    Joseph Cultice

    His Woodstock stuff is awesome.


  6. #5586
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,151
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Please tell me the delay for the next batch of remasters albums has both to do with the 2008 fire at Unversal and this stuff is not lost forever. I hope to fuck Trent backed his shit up. Has Trent said anything about the fire?

  7. #5587
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,899
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    ... Has Trent said anything about the fire?
    Might as well be this

  8. #5588
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Is there a comprehensive TR image archive with photographer credits?
    Just saw this. I have quite a few hi-res photos in the art/photos section of http://www.nindestruct.com. Photographer names are in the file names.

  9. #5589
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I feel like a total non-fan for even having to ask this, but I'm sleep deprived and stressed and having an utter brain fart. What's the song playing for just a couple seconds at the very, very beginning of this?? It's driving me absolutely mad that I can't remember.


  10. #5590
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "Too late, all gone" from Welcome Oblivion.

  11. #5591
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    "Too late, all gone" from Welcome Oblivion.
    THANK YOU.

    I was so stuck on it being a NIN song that I completely forgot to even think about the HTDA catalog. Which is weird considering that I love that album as much as I love anything from the NIN catalog.

  12. #5592
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Just saw this. I have quite a few hi-res photos in the art/photos section of http://www.nindestruct.com. Photographer names are in the file names.
    You do a great job collecting the pictures. Is this the band?


  13. #5593
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Those would appear to be the mud fight that ensued right before taking the stage at Woodstock.

  14. #5594
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the old photos from way back of the source files for some of the With Teeth art? They were some kind of medical scan images that Rob used to create the cover art and several other pieces (like the green art). I had them saved at one point, but lost them due to a hard drive death. Searched around the net and ETS, but can't seem to find where the original discussion took place (might have been old ETS). I was wearing a WT shirt the other day, and someone asked me what it was. It dawned on me that I couldn't remember what it was, beyond vaguely remembering it might have been a medical scan of bone marrow or something.

  15. #5595
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,896
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember when a few years ago some guy posted a photo (not here but it was reposted here as a NIN spotting) of CD-R and said it had a Tapeworm demo on it, given to him by Danny long ago? The song was a cover and he he said he'd ask Danny if it's okay to share the song (apparently it wasn't since we don't have it).
    I'm trying to remember which song/cover it was.

  16. #5596
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

  17. #5597
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,682
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Is there any sort of limited release NIN stuff I should be on the lookout for in Japan? Probably gonna be doing some shopping in the next few days.

  18. #5598
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,896
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Is there any sort of limited release NIN stuff I should be on the lookout for in Japan? Probably gonna be doing some shopping in the next few days.
    these rare japanese imports:



  19. #5599
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    722
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    these rare japanese imports:


    Can't see the second one. Lol at the first.

  20. #5600
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,896
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Shit, there were two more images (The Slip and FDTS), but I guess their traffic limit expired real fast (I hotlinked them directly from the source blog: http://jakeben.blog111.fc2.com )

  21. #5601
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,899
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Shit, there were two more images (The Slip and FDTS), but I guess their traffic limit expired real fast (I hotlinked them directly from the source blog: http://jakeben.blog111.fc2.com )
    In a cursory glance i found edible Broken, Fragile and TSN, too

  22. #5602
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm looking to get a download copy of the official video for Deep and my normal methods of stealing shit isn't working. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

  23. #5603
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,079
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dedevoce View Post
    I'm looking to get a download copy of the official video for Deep and my normal methods of stealing shit isn't working. Anyone know where I can get a copy?
    I just downloaded the 25meg version from YouTube using 4k Video Downloader.

    *edit* even better. just push the download button on Vimeo:
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 07-30-2019 at 07:30 PM.

  24. #5604
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I just downloaded the 25meg version from YouTube using 4k Video Downloader.

    *edit* even better. just push the download button on Vimeo:
    Always nice to see their Vimeo account being mentioned. They have quite a few video's over there with the option to download being active.
    At times i wonder how to prove those downloads to be legal. I have quite a bit of music from actual bands that offered legal downloads trough email and temporarily available events.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions