Page 186 of 215 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 6437

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    "Too late, all gone" from Welcome Oblivion.
    THANK YOU.

I was so stuck on it being a NIN song that I completely forgot to even think about the HTDA catalog. Which is weird considering that I love that album as much as I love anything from the NIN catalog.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Just saw this. I have quite a few hi-res photos in the art/photos section of http://www.nindestruct.com. Photographer names are in the file names.
    You do a great job collecting the pictures. Is this the band?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Those would appear to be the mud fight that ensued right before taking the stage at Woodstock.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the old photos from way back of the source files for some of the With Teeth art? They were some kind of medical scan images that Rob used to create the cover art and several other pieces (like the green art). I had them saved at one point, but lost them due to a hard drive death. Searched around the net and ETS, but can't seem to find where the original discussion took place (might have been old ETS). I was wearing a WT shirt the other day, and someone asked me what it was. It dawned on me that I couldn't remember what it was, beyond vaguely remembering it might have been a medical scan of bone marrow or something.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Does anyone remember when a few years ago some guy posted a photo (not here but it was reposted here as a NIN spotting) of CD-R and said it had a Tapeworm demo on it, given to him by Danny long ago? The song was a cover and he he said he'd ask Danny if it's okay to share the song (apparently it wasn't since we don't have it).
    I'm trying to remember which song/cover it was.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Is there any sort of limited release NIN stuff I should be on the lookout for in Japan? Probably gonna be doing some shopping in the next few days.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Is there any sort of limited release NIN stuff I should be on the lookout for in Japan? Probably gonna be doing some shopping in the next few days.
    these rare japanese imports:

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    these rare japanese imports:

Can't see the second one. Lol at the first.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shit, there were two more images (The Slip and FDTS), but I guess their traffic limit expired real fast (I hotlinked them directly from the source blog: http://jakeben.blog111.fc2.com )

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Shit, there were two more images (The Slip and FDTS), but I guess their traffic limit expired real fast (I hotlinked them directly from the source blog: http://jakeben.blog111.fc2.com )
    In a cursory glance i found edible Broken, Fragile and TSN, too

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm looking to get a download copy of the official video for Deep and my normal methods of stealing shit isn't working. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dedevoce View Post
    I'm looking to get a download copy of the official video for Deep and my normal methods of stealing shit isn't working. Anyone know where I can get a copy?
    I just downloaded the 25meg version from YouTube using 4k Video Downloader.

*edit* even better. just push the download button on Vimeo:
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 07-30-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I just downloaded the 25meg version from YouTube using 4k Video Downloader.

*edit* even better. just push the download button on Vimeo:
    Always nice to see their Vimeo account being mentioned. They have quite a few video's over there with the option to download being active.
    At times i wonder how to prove those downloads to be legal. I have quite a bit of music from actual bands that offered legal downloads trough email and temporarily available events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone buy any of vkgoeswild's NIN sheet music? If so, how much did you pay?
    Last edited by walking_shade; 09-11-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walking_shade View Post
    Anyone buy any of vkgoeswild's NIN sheet music? If so, how much did you pay?
    I haven't, but I bought her last album on Pledge before it went belly-up. Reasonably priced and great sounding music! Give her a shot. There's also Know the Score for digital versions of some tracks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does Trent say “cunt” at the very end of the AATCHB version of “The Wretched”?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Does Trent say “cunt” at the very end of the AATCHB version of “The Wretched”?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And what does he mean by saying that?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    He was trying out what it felt like to be Australian.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I was browsing a reputable record shop today (one of the few remaining) and discovered a copy of NIN & David Bowie: Back In Anger. It claims the source is from a 'live FM radio broadcast'. Discogs lists it as 'unofficial'.

They also had another one called Under Pressure, which cuts out almost the entirety of NIN's set.

Are these repackaged bootlegs, or are they properly remastered soundboard recordings?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I was browsing a reputable record shop today (one of the few remaining) and discovered a copy of NIN & David Bowie: Back In Anger. It claims the source is from a 'live FM radio broadcast'. Discogs lists it as 'unofficial'.

They also had another one called Under Pressure, which cuts out almost the entirety of NIN's set.

Are these repackaged bootlegs, or are they properly remastered soundboard recordings?
    Yeah, they're all bootlegs. I'm pretty sure there's never been an official release of those recordings.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Bootlegs. Even FYE sells them.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Thanks. I guess I now know to steer clear of them. Weird that they're showing up in high street stores.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

All those retail bootlegs are just copies of this mono soundboard recording:

http://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951011.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    All those retail bootlegs are just copies of this mono soundboard recording:

http://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951011.html

why tf are they appearing on some streaming services as official releases though

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    why tf are they appearing on some streaming services as official releases though
    Because bootleggers learned how to imitate official releases better? This looks a bit more real than the 90s silver CDs
    https://www.discogs.com/label/777136-Sonic-Boom-5
    https://www.discogs.com/label/996124-Zip-City
    Last edited by fillow; 10-03-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    As I understand it, there is a loophole in European Union copyright laws whereby live performances that were broadcast to the public enter the public domain under certain conditions. I don't really understand the finer points of it, but that allows labels without any affiliation or approval of the artists to release these concerts themselves. So, while NIN and Bowie's estate make no money whatsoever from these releases -- other than a mechanical song performance fee? Again, not sure of the finer points here -- they are technically not illegal (in some markets, anyhow) to sell.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Legality aside, anyone made a comparison on the overall quality of those releases to help make decision in "worth buying?" sense? Some people here pick up every version in the market, after all...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Legality aside, anyone made a comparison on the overall quality of those releases to help make decision in "worth buying?" sense? Some people here pick up every version in the market, after all...
    They are all sourced from that soundboard recording linked earlier, so there is no "better" quality to be found on them. Just download the original for free from ninlive.com. Don't buy the bootlegs, unless you're interested in the physical product itself for some reason.