Page 184 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 5623

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #5491
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This is a long shot, but did anyone ever write down what the songs were from the Tension 2013 set change playlist that Trent had on his Beats Music profile back when Beats Music was a thing? You can see what I'm talking about in the image on this official NIN tumblr post:
    http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...promo-remix-ep

  2. #5492
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stalk my posts
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    This is a long shot, but did anyone ever write down what the songs were from the Tension 2013 set change playlist that Trent had on his Beats Music profile back when Beats Music was a thing? You can see what I'm talking about in the image on this official NIN tumblr post:
    http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...promo-remix-ep
    I think you can find them on spotify. But I saved them in Scribd document here if that is more palatable.
    Last edited by m0reta; 03-13-2019 at 09:20 AM. Reason: link missing

  3. #5493
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I think you can find them on spotify. But I saved them in Scribd document here if that is more palatable.
    Treasure trove. Thank you so much!!!

    EDIT: I wonder why there's so much overlap between his 2007 tour set change stuff and this from 2005:
    http://www.nin.wiki/images/a/ac/2005...uestions13.gif

    I don't know if some of that stuff was actually reused for the 2007 tour or if he got his info mixed up.
    Last edited by piggy; 03-13-2019 at 08:27 PM.

  4. #5494
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,939
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    As far as Still goes, it might have been recorded pre-rehab and then worked on post-rehab. And All That Could Have Been (the live release, not the song) ended up getting pushed back a month from it's original release date, so I'm curious if that was due to Trent getting sober or other, more technical issues.
    Still definitely had elements on it recorded prior to mid-2001, including the themes initially scored for One Hour Photo and that version of "The Day the World Went Away", which was recorded backstage with the Fragility live band in 2000.

    I know there were some last-minute issues with authoring the DVD to their custom specs, and of course the fabric-packaging on the Deluxe CD was quite unusual, so any of that could have been part of the delay in releasing And All That Could Have Been. But it was in production both before and after TR entered the detox program and got clean.
    Last edited by botley; 03-13-2019 at 06:34 PM.

  5. #5495
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Apologies if this has been asked before but how did the NIN fan community end up getting their hands on the Purest Feeling demo album?

  6. #5496
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,957
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    It was released as a silver CD bootleg sometime in the 90s, originally.

  7. #5497
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    In reference to my earlier post about TR's set change playlists, here is one that he posted on Spotify years ago, but he didn't remember which tour it comes from. Can anyone here remember these being played at shows? The newest one on the list is the Mogwai track, which was released in 2006.

    Atari Teenage Riot – Revolution Action
    Liars – Mr Your On Fire Mr
    Joy Division – Disorder
    Primal Scream – Rise
    The Rolling Stones – Citadel
    Brian Eno/David Byrne – The Jezebel Spirit
    Devo – Gut Feeling/Slap Your Mammy
    Mogwai – Glasgow Mega-Snake
    The Human League – Being Boiled
    Chicks On Speed – Yes I Do
    Dead Boys – Sonic Reducer
    Can – Mushroom
    Prince – Sister
    Soft Cell – Seedy Films
    Nitzer Ebb – Control I'm Here
    Paul Anka – (You're) Having My Baby
    Last edited by piggy; 03-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.

  8. #5498
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,939
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    I remember "Seedy Films" being in regular rotation on the Fall 2005 Live: With Teeth tour, for sure, but it must have stuck around after that as well.

  9. #5499
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone know what Alessandro Cortini is working on right now? He’s been posting to IG about mastering some music.

  10. #5500
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Anyone know what Alessandro Cortini is working on right now? He’s been posting to IG about mastering some music.
    He has an album coming, I don't know for which band

  11. #5501
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What was the name of that German Metal Festival where NIN played the "chill setlist"? Circa 2009 maybe. La Mer, Me I'm Not, Lights In The Sky, etc. I distinctly remember a video where a bunch of meatheads were laughing during one of the piano interludes, like "what the fuck is this shit"..

  12. #5502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,332
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    What was the name of that German Metal Festival where NIN played the "chill setlist"? Circa 2009 maybe. La Mer, Me I'm Not, Lights In The Sky, etc. I distinctly remember a video where a bunch of meatheads were laughing during one of the piano interludes, like "what the fuck is this shit"..
    i think you mean Sonisphere 2009 which was in the UK? I was there, yes it was weird. I’m sure my friend recorded a few songs actually

  13. #5503
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,010
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I stumbled onto the "Hurt" NINwiki page, and found an image with the caption "Artwork for the Peter Murphy and Trent Reznor version" ... I'm unaware of this version, how can I find it??

  14. #5504
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I stumbled onto the "Hurt" NINwiki page, and found an image with the caption "Artwork for the Peter Murphy and Trent Reznor version" ... I'm unaware of this version, how can I find it??
    Bam http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060607radio.html

    They did 4 little sets in total together including that one

    http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060613radio.html
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060623radio.html
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060701radio.html

  15. #5505
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,939
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    ^ There was also a single released with "Hurt" on it, done in the studio, no audience — just the two of them.

    http://itunes.apple.com/album/hurt/id338743396

    Rob Sheridan took the cover photo in Chicago before the second and final Aragon Ballroom show in 2009.

  16. #5506
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if there's a particular thread relating to gear. But does anyone know what particular guitar (and/or process) was used for things like the clean intro riff to Somewhat Damaged and around the 3:12 mark on And All That Could Have Been (song)? It sounds to me like a DI'd acoustic-electric. I heard someone say somewhere that it might have been acoustic pickups on an electric, though I'm not sure. It's just got that gorgeous clean, straight and sharp tone.

  17. #5507
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the short clip of Ilan Rubin rehearsing demon seed still exists anywhere?

  18. #5508
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,957
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Does anyone know if the short clip of Ilan Rubin rehearsing demon seed still exists anywhere?
    Last time I tried to find it, the original article with video was still online, but locked behind a paywall.

  19. #5509
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    888
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Does anyone know if the short clip of Ilan Rubin rehearsing demon seed still exists anywhere?
    We really should have ripped/saved that when it was available. The YouTube link it was originally at was

  20. #5510
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Does anybody know why Twist turned into Ringfinger? I've always found Twist to be more enjoyable and actually heard it on the radio before I heard Ringfinger on PHM (I think my local rock station WMMS had a copy of Demos and Remixes as they would play Twist and Supernaut pretty regularly in 94/95)

  21. #5511
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    We really should have ripped/saved that when it was available. The YouTube link it was originally at was
    I don't like youtube being automatically integrated like that, can't see the link..

  22. #5512
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I don't like youtube being automatically integrated like that, can't see the link..
    You can right click and copy video URL.

  23. #5513
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what equipment (if any) was circuit bent on Year Zero?

  24. #5514
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I don't like youtube being automatically integrated like that, can't see the link..
    You can also click "Reply With Quote" to see the code. Also, if you're authoring the post, and don't want YouTube to auto-embed, deselect the option "Automatically parse links in text" and the URL will just be plain text.

  25. #5515
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ There was also a single released with "Hurt" on it, done in the studio, no audience — just the two of them.

    http://itunes.apple.com/album/hurt/id338743396

    Rob Sheridan took the cover photo in Chicago before the second and final Aragon Ballroom show in 2009.
    I must've somehow missed this release. It doesn't seem to be available anymore? I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have details about it, like performing Artist and duration?

  26. #5516
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,939
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I must've somehow missed this release. It doesn't seem to be available anymore? I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have details about it, like performing Artist and duration?
    Here's the Discogs entry: https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Murphy...elease/2078979

  27. #5517
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Thanks. I do vaguely remember this now with the extra detail. I think I didn't get it because it was only credited to Peter Murphy. So, this is actually a duet with both Trent and Peter, even though Trent doesn't appear to be credited anywhere?

  28. #5518
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,939
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Trent plays the piano; I think he may have sung a bit of it, but it's mostly Murphy singing lead.

  29. #5519
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just in the middle of burning some NIN CD's (FLAC replacing MP3) and my Closer To God CD Has the 'Further Away' Tracks on it instead. So it's clearly mislabled! Is this a common issue?
    Last edited by Reaps; 04-04-2019 at 02:36 AM.

  30. #5520
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    [RESTRICTED]
    Posts
    528
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did TR originally write Hurt on piano?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions