Page 181 of 215 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    There are a few good videos on youtube, but the best picture I know of is this one.

Wait what the hell is this, why ? Amazing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Wait what the hell is this, why ? Amazing
    Murphy dropped down from the ceiling upside down during the encore of one of the 2009 T5 shows and sang Reptile. He didnt sing it all that well, but the visual WAS cool. Crowd ate it up of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Murphy dropped down from the ceiling upside down during the encore of one of the 2009 T5 shows and sang Reptile. He didnt sing it all that well, but the visual WAS cool. Crowd ate it up of course.
    I might be wrong, but didn't he also mess up the lyrics singing this upright the next night?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I tried searching ets to no avail. Could someone please point me towards the animated iPhone wallpaper of the NIN logo (similar to the 2017 tour intro)?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I might be wrong, but didn't he also mess up the lyrics singing this upright the next night?
    In Chicago 2nd night... I was there with my brother and if you ask either of us our least favorite moment we've seen live, it was that. Probably the only bad moment of nin live lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    correct

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's not so much that he messes up the lyrics as has a weird preference to switch the first two lines of the song. The first time he did it, everyone assumed that he just messed up, but he does it every single time and it's become obvious that it's intentional at this point. I don't know why he does it, but it's super consistent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It's not so much that he messes up the lyrics as has a weird preference to switch the first two lines of the song. The first time he did it, everyone assumed that he just messed up, but he does it every single time and it's become obvious that it's intentional at this point. I don't know why he does it, but it's super consistent.
    Weird, until you mentioned that I had never noticed he sings them in that order during the Boston radio broadcast in 2006... that is really odd.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Has anyone got a hires version of Wound? My file is less than a megabyte and I'm SURE there was a good quality version out there

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Has anyone got a hires version of Wound? My file is less than a megabyte and I'm SURE there was a good quality version out there
    The one I have isn't bad.
    https://i.imgur.com/Q3DZvnG.jpg
    Nevermind, see two posts down.
    Last edited by Pyract; 01-30-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    The one I have isn't bad.
    https://i.imgur.com/Q3DZvnG.jpg
    ty, ily, 10 characters

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    http://russellmills.com/russell_mill...ARE-PRINTS.jpg

1920x1920 @ 72 ppi // 5.65 MB

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN songs compared to other songs plenty of times since I've been a fan (down in it/skinny puppy, me, I'm not/kmfdm, a warm place/Bowie, etc), but has anyone ever pointed out the striking similarity between the main melody of Something I Can Never Have and Swans's In My Garden? I just heard the song for the first time and immediately thought of SICNH.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I've seen NIN songs compared to other songs plenty of times since I've been a fan (down in it/skinny puppy, me, I'm not/kmfdm, a warm place/Bowie, etc), but has anyone ever pointed out the striking similarity between the main melody of Something I Can Never Have and Swans's In My Garden? I just heard the song for the first time and immediately thought of SICNH.
    yeah, it's been discussed a few times. personally, i don't like that swans song, but i love SICNH, so even if trent accidentally ripped it off, he improved upon it haha

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Whats the deal with the ticket vouchers from the 95 club tour? How would one have obtained one in the pre interweb society of the mid 90s?

Also there isnt much info on this tour, are there any other sources of documentation? Pictures, stubs, anything?

@ninlive have you heard of any of these shows being taped/recorded? Maybe seen a traders list with someone claiming to have one.

There has to be something more out there!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Whats the deal with the ticket vouchers from the 95 club tour? How would one have obtained one in the pre interweb society of the mid 90s?
    For Orlando, I remember you had to show up in person early on the day-of-show with picture ID to get a voucher. I don't remember how I found out about the shows (maybe seems like salvation or alt.music.nin?), but I was stuck in Tampa working and tried to get my friends in Orlando to help out.

*edit*

My memory is faulty as I thought this happened before the Outside tour, but seeing The bang’s post I do remember wearing my NIN/Bowie baseball cap at work trying to get friends to hook me up for Orlando.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 02-02-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

Also there isnt much info on this tour, are there any other sources of documentation? Pictures, stubs, anything?

@ninlive have you heard of any of these shows being taped/recorded? Maybe seen a traders list with someone claiming to have one.

There has to be something more out there!
    They were announced pretty much day of from what people told me. Announced over radio too, I believe.

they were announced on such short notice, I don’t think any tapers got in. I haven’t seen any sources from it. But I have the tour itinerary of it. IIRC too, the Orlando show was rescheduled to a couple days later because TR hurt his voice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That 1995 NIN/Helmet is some kind of a black hole in NIN live history. There are even recordings of 1988, 1996 and 1994 warm up shows FFS, and more than a few eyewitness reports. Not for that tour though. I once saw ONE setlist from that tour on Burning Souls tour reviews section and then pasted it onto ninwiki (where I was very active about 10 years ago), but who knows how accurate it was and if it changed during the tour. There were inquiries made on Helmet forums as well (by someone from here, IIRC), but they also don't know shit about that tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That 1995 NIN/Helmet is some kind of a black hole in NIN live history. There are even recordings of 1988, 1996 and 1994 warm up shows FFS, and more than a few eyewitness reports. Not for that tour though. I once saw ONE setlist from that tour on Burning Souls tour reviews section and then pasted it onto ninwiki (where I was very active about 10 years ago), but who knows how accurate it was and if it changed during the tour. There were inquiries made on Helmet forums as well (by someone from here, IIRC), but they also don't know shit about that tour.
    Wasn't there actually some live footage of this tour on MTV at the time (only a minute or so)? During one of those old MTV News updates... I seem to remember seeing something.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Someone should ask Trent what he remembers about that '95 tour with helmet next time he does a Q&A, instead of why he picked up a sax again for the 69th time, or what he thinks of David Bowie.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Here's an article explaining how the voucher system worked:

https://happinessinheresy.com/wp-con...v_4__1995_.jpg

AFAIK, Pensacola was the only show with an advance newspaper ad. All the rest were announced on the radio in the local markets about a day in advance, and it was a mad dash to the voucher distribution location.

For a long time, there wasn't much confirmed information about this tour. The Florida dates were thrown out of whack from the official itinerary because Trent blew his voice out in New Orleans. Over the past couple years, I've slowly been compiling information that confirms all the dates here:

http://www.nin.wiki/Fall_1995_Club_Tour
    http://www.nin.wiki/Talk:Fall_1995_Club_Tour
    http://www.nin.wiki/1995/11/12_Orlando,_FL
    http://www.nin.wiki/1995/11/15_Miami_Beach,_FL

The only date really in question at this point is St. Petersburg, for which I haven't been able to find any definitive corroboration. It can't really slot into the schedule anywhere else, so either it happened on Nov. 11 as planned, or it didn't. I'm leaning towards it having happened.

I'm leaning towards the Corpus Christi show being fake. And chalking the Dec. Florida dates up to faulty memory.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Good stuff on that 95 tour guys. I have wondered if any of the footage on Closure was from any of these shows.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Seeing the two Orlando dates always makes me irrationally angry. And now it is worse after seeing the wiki history which links to my old alt.music.nin comment about attending show for Dec 6th. Which was a weekday. I was sure I worked the weekend when I heard about show over radio via WJRR.
    I had it loud since I was by myself which I wouldn't do during regular work day.

Since I saved my voucher then I must really have done Nov date.

I dug around to see if I had anything else saved. This is supposedly set times from the Nov show that I bought ages ago from ninhistorian.

That amnin post is just early sign of my brain rot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    That amnin post is just early sign of my brain rot!
    Thanks for confirming that (I mean, I'm sorry about the brain rot ). I had been meaning to PM you about that newsgroup post for a while. That one faulty recollection caused those Dec. dates to propagate into NIN Historian, NIN Tour History, setlist.fm, and nin.wiki! Thankfully, I can finally strike those dates.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    When I get home, I’ll try and research the St.Pete Times & Tampa Tribune microfische microfilm to see if anything pops up.

*edit*
    Looked over Nov.11-13 Tampa Tribune & St.Pete Times to no avail. They had some weekend happenings, but there wasn’t anything comprehensive since you had to contact the paper directly. They did review a Boy George show that Thursday, and Cheap Trick, and Melissa Ethridge (sp) but no NIN reviews, mentions, or adverts.

That said, I think Creative Loafing would have had better coverage (or perhaps a local zine) but those archives aren’t easily found.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 02-06-2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Farts in the library are loud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey! Does anyone know where I can find an interview with Aaron North about him needing the guitar amps to be turned up really loud to get the right tone?
    Having a nerdy conversation about amps and I need to prove a point... thanks!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Did TR ever legally change his name to Trent, or does his driver's license still say Michael?
    If you look at some online (publicly available!!!!) listings, his name on legal documents and the such is still Michael Reznor.

For what it's worth, in about 2010 or 2011, I - genuinely, accidentally - found his private Facebook page and it was under the name Michael too.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Anyone know why The Day the World Went Away is played live in a different key from the album version? And the Still version is played in yet another key.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    If you look at some online (publicly available!!!!) listings, his name on legal documents and the such is still Michael Reznor.

For what it's worth, in about 2010 or 2011, I - genuinely, accidentally - found his private Facebook page and it was under the name Michael too.
    Thank you!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Anyone know why The Day the World Went Away is played live in a different key from the album version? And the Still version is played in yet another key.
    Just a guess, but the notes that TR sings in the album version are super high for him. He said once that he did tons of takes because he couldn't hit the notes when they were recording it. So if it was already hard for him then, and his voice has gotten deeper since, maybe it's to make that part doable.