Page 177 of 179 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 5350

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #5281
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,063
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Apparently it's just some guy who has met a lot of celebrities. Here's his original post:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg4G0V1hL7A/
    oh thanks, I thought it might be evidence of some new project, it looks quite recent

  2. #5282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to be at the Meltdown show in a few hours and it just struck me... I have no idea who's in the band these days. Is it still Alessandro, Ilan and Robin?

  3. #5283
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I'm going to be at the Meltdown show in a few hours and it just struck me... I have no idea who's in the band these days. Is it still Alessandro, Ilan and Robin?
    Yes. Trent, Atticus, Alessandro, Ilan and Robin.

  4. #5284
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if Josh or Pino were still on the scene these days.

  5. #5285
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if Josh or Pino were still on the scene these days.
    They both left at the end of the Tension tour.

    I always felt bad for Josh, first he switches to bass when Eric Avery dropped out, then he switches back to guitar/keys/misc when Pino joins, & then gets dumped before the next leg.

  6. #5286
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,532
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They both left at the end of the Tension tour.

    I always felt bad for Josh, first he switches to bass when Eric Avery dropped out, then he switches back to guitar/keys/misc when Pino joins, & then gets dumped before the next leg.
    the thing that makes me the saddest is that he posted something on the TTA site about hoping he'd be in the band forever when he got the gig

  7. #5287
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    705
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They both left at the end of the Tension tour.

    I always felt bad for Josh, first he switches to bass when Eric Avery dropped out, then he switches back to guitar/keys/misc when Pino joins, & then gets dumped before the next leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the thing that makes me the saddest is that he posted something on the TTA site about hoping he'd be in the band forever when he got the gig
    Damn. I thought he'd still be around for these shows. Was pretty bummed not to see him up there.

  8. #5288
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)


    Why can't I buy this as a poster? I wish there was a high res image of it at least.

  9. #5289
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,072
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I saw on reddit when this MJK thing started somebody on reddit mention a TR interview in which he said more or less explicitly that he personally approved all the openers for that tour - except APC. I've never heard this. Ring a bell to anybody?

  10. #5290
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I saw on reddit when this MJK thing started somebody on reddit mention a TR interview in which he said more or less explicitly that he personally approved all the openers for that tour - except APC. I've never heard this. Ring a bell to anybody?
    i remember the exact same thing. seconded in hoping to find the source. i know it wasn't long after fragility, probably around aatchb. i was kind of shocked by it after being at the salt lake show.
    Last edited by kel; 06-29-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  11. #5291
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how they're doing the saxophones live? I watched a video of God Break Down The Door and it didn't look like anyone was playing them, but they weren't the same as the album. Is there a synth that sounds that realistically like a sax that is playable live?

  12. #5292
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    2,229
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Does anyone know how they're doing the saxophones live? I watched a video of God Break Down The Door and it didn't look like anyone was playing them, but they weren't the same as the album. Is there a synth that sounds that realistically like a sax that is playable live?
    I believe it's on a backtrack tape. Nobody plays it live.

  13. #5293
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,072
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who hadn't seen this pic until just now? I really, really dig the promo photos from this trilogy release cycle, like the one with TR/AR's eyes scratched out or the band photos on the Bakersfield poster. I believe they're all by Corinne Schiavone? If these later ones aren't, they're definitely emulating the style set by her when they first ones started to surface in mid 2016 or whenever.


  14. #5294
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    614
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The earlier ones were by John Crawford, only this year's photos that are by Corinne, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by piggy; 07-03-2018 at 12:40 AM.

  15. #5295
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,072
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    The earlier ones were by John Crawford, t's only this year's photos that are by Corinne, if I'm not mistaken.
    Oh, hm. These ones from before June 2016 were by Kraw?




    These from before the Bakersfield show a year ago are by Corinne and she has a few more of TR on her Instagram.

    (Not sure why i felt the urge to rearrange them a little bit...)


    Does anybody keep any sort of archive of these kinda PR photos of NIN?

  16. #5296
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    614
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Not sure. I just know the ones with the scratched out eyes are Kraw, so any other pics that look like they could be from the same session might also be his.

  17. #5297
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Why can't I buy this as a poster? I wish there was a high res image of it at least.
    Not "high" high res, but there's higher res than the one you have.

    https://i.imgur.com/4dbNAYT.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    a TR interview in which he said more or less explicitly that he personally approved all the openers for that tour - except APC. I've never heard this. Ring a bell to anybody?
    I remember that from somewhere, but I always assumed it was because he had a bee in his bonnet due to the Vacant thing around that time.

  18. #5298
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Pretty random: I was looking at the NINWiki for Branches/Bones, and I was wondering how the "descrambled" lyrics at the bottom were, well, descrambled? Was there some pattern to that block of random/predictive/rambling text that allowed the text at the bottom to be found hidden in it? What was the process? http://www.nin.wiki/Branches/Bones

  19. #5299
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    614
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Pretty random: I was looking at the NINWiki for Branches/Bones, and I was wondering how the "descrambled" lyrics at the bottom were, well, descrambled? Was there some pattern to that block of random/predictive/rambling text that allowed the text at the bottom to be found hidden in it? What was the process? http://www.nin.wiki/Branches/Bones
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...xtended-lyrics

  20. #5300
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,954
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Anyone know why you can't buy Ghosts digitally in the UK? As far as I can tell it's only on 7digital

    (Yes I know it's CC BY-NC-SA)

  21. #5301
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Anyone know why you can't buy Ghosts digitally in the UK? As far as I can tell it's only on 7digital

    (Yes I know it's CC BY-NC-SA)
    It's available on iTunes UK: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/ghosts-i-iv/451466034

    Where are you having problems?

  22. #5302
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,954
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It's available on iTunes UK: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/ghosts-i-iv/451466034

    Where are you having problems?
    Weird, didn't show when I searched
    And it's not on Amazon or Google Music

  23. #5303
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prague|Bucharest
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Is anyone keeping track of these concert recordings so that we can put together a complete (?) fan-made dvd or something? Especially the on-stage ones. Maybe ReflectingInTheChrome?
    Last edited by MAD; 07-14-2018 at 06:16 PM.

  24. #5304
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Is anyone keeping track of these concert recordings so that we can put together a complete (?) fan-made dvd or something? Especially the on-stage ones. Maybe ReflectingInTheChrome?
    I've got them. There's only been two, yeah? The Lovers and Metal?

  25. #5305
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did something I haven’t done in a long time today, I watched the Woodstock performance. Got me wondering about some songs. Like when they last played Down In It and Happiness In Slavery?

    I found Down In It from Wave Goodbye in 09. Still a long time. I’d like to hear today’s nin do HiS
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 07-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.

  26. #5306
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I did something I haven’t done in a long time today, I watched the Woodstock performance. Got me wondering about some songs. Like when they last played Down In It and Slave Screams?

    I found Down In It from Wave Goodbye in 09. Still a long time. I’d like to hear today’s nin do SS.
    By "Slave Screams" I assume you mean "Happiness in Slavery?" Also, yeah, it would be great to hear both this fall, for sure!

  27. #5307
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have no idea why I got the name wrong. Haha. Been awhile. Anyway, yeah I’d quite like the to knock the dust off of that one.

  28. #5308
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,496
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I don't see them doing "Happiness In Slavery" ever again. I think the vocals would just be too much, even if you had Robin take care of the screaming. That said, it would be great if they incorporated some of the samples into "The Great Destroyer" again.

  29. #5309
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mentioned this in another thread but I'm gonna turn it into a question. Legit, please don't get me wrong, I like the guy.

    But what exactly Atticus does on stage? I think we can hear him in the breakdown for The Great Destroyer but what about the other songs? I see no keyboards in his gear. Alessandro plays lots of guitars and bass now but I still see him doing lots of synth/keys/ambience stuff.

  30. #5310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Elements like the white noise atmosphere in Wish appear to have been beefed up since Atticus joined. I think thatís mostly what he does. Ambience, beats and non-melodic parts with live tweaking.

    Either that or heís watching Netflix.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions